Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

hoping this is the cowboy's year (lol)

at least I get to watch micah parsons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

otoh, diedrich bader's character is almost certainly a cowboys fan

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

anyone else remember 92, 93 and 95? :unsmith:

:smith:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I see some midwestern white guy cringe but nothing beyond what's typical for the league

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

and now I'm afraid of Jets D

I'm predicting a low scoring game

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

yea ok posted:

Dallas Cowboys

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1704951650958647791?s=20

:smith:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Cardinals play better against cowboys, hope they suck too much for that to help

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

blarzgh posted:

Dallas Defense is a fraud, trade everyone but Parsons, fire Stephen Jones, euthanize Jerry, blow up the stadium

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I would feel better about the loss if the cardinals were playing really good ball. But no. The cowboys were just self immolating, which makes this even worse imo. game can’t be explained away by the injured starters. liable to set ourselves on fire with unforced dumb poo poo against anyone if this happens against the drat cardinals

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Cowboys are now 2-4 in Glendale since 06 while being heavily favored in each of the matchups

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

a bucs win would really put this division in its rightful place

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Dak throwing the dagger at that point was just the exclamation mark on a game that was already thrown away

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Cowboys are 40% on red zone TD %, 27th worst in the league this year. We were 67% 2021-2022, #1

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

euphronius posted:

What are you on red zone INTs

idk, a thing I looked at said Dak threw 2 last year and 1 the year prior but I don't have the good stats, I was basically referencing some stats from Bob Sturm earlier

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I enjoy watching the eagles defense clobber people but their o is really boring

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

I like how the Cowboys have let us know ahead of time that yes, they will get 10000% pants-ed by the 49ers again in a few weeks. If the Cardinals did that to them, sheesh

beating the 49ers will complete the circle of wtf (jk, we're not going to beat them)

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

We don't really have many redzone playmakers left. Used to have guys like Amari Cooper, Ezekiel Elliott, even Dalton Schultz, but now our guys get beat in the rz and Dak doesn't have poo poo to throw to. Nevermind zeke leaving and the run game being anemic. About to drop $100m on Lamb but he was getting outplayed by the cards. Maybe Arizona ain't so bad, but Dallas O is going to be a problem even with a healthy O line, we're not deep in the skill positions

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Not sure if Philadelphia or Boston has the worst sports fans

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

:shrug: Is there something I am supposed to do with information presented itt about what other fans think about philly fans other than: lol, lmao

nope

same with every gently caress the cowboys. I grow only stronger

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Top 5 QBs ranked by Grit

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Doltos posted:

Lamb is better than Cooper and Dak has had plenty of talent to throw to and is good doing it

yup. lacking targets who are clear wins in most man to mans. our defense is vulnerable to deception concepts and to being punished for being relatively small. i think the cardinals did their homework and picked the defense apart really well for being a tanking team. dan quinn's a fraud and im burning all of my cowboys gear

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

e: wrong thread

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

indigi posted:

yeah that's one thing you can always say about ambitious people, they know when to stop

wealthy people infamously check out and don't continue to run the score up, it's true

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

jones is playing like poo poo but his line sucks and he’s got no good targets. best he can do is be lead rusher

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Doltos posted:

class shaming lmao he's a 23 year old kid trying to take a shot back at a bunch of New Jersey goombas booing him. Get over yourself.

:hmmyes:

He’s coming across a little goofy with the self aggrandizing lion talk, but he’s also a young person dealing with being booed by some of the worst people. I’ll give him a break instead of the 40 year old guys turning red faced over being called a burger flipper

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

shyduck posted:

Booing is fine and Neal hopefully learns a lesson from this gaffe, but also that radio clip I posted earlier in retrospect was way over the top. He's not "human garbage", people in this league have done far worse to earn a title like that.

im here for the folks calling Deshaun Watson or Tyreek Hill garbage, but this young O linemen doing some boomer bait with cringe? Maybe it should be encouraged, give football a little more of the heel energy from wrestling

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Howell seems to have upside to me. Resilient and good on his feet. He's got some of the Rivera stink on him, and is a bit inconsistent and makes some bad decisions/runs out of pocket into defenders, etc. Way outperforming his draft position though.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Counterpoint: Jalen Hurts

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

blarzgh posted:

I'm fuckin amped this feels like a playoff game

This is the most nervous I’ve been about a game since the last time we played them

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

we will end with a 12-5 record and get knocked out again by a superbowl worthy team. our run game sucks, coaching sucks, etc. fraudulent

e: actually I’m feeling 10-7

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

The good news is that the 49ers are probably the best team in the league. The bad news is that that doesn’t matter because the cowboys are completely fraudulent and we will continue to lose but to worse teams, and we must beat the 49ers if we want to go to the superbowl (lol)

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

gently caress the cowboys but I hope my cowboys posters itt are ok 🙏

exchanging my cowboys gear for rangers gear

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

stupid sexy kittle

need to see SF play the Eagles in December to figure out who the heir apparent is, I think I take either of them over anyone in the AFC

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

these features are all distracting me from reading the plays myself. too much poo poo on the screen, feels like im when im playing a video game with a minimap and im basically ignoring the game world and am piloting an arrow around to waypoints and icons

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

giants were double teamed by the refs and the giants

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I want the Cowboys to win, but Kellen Moore deserves a chance to humiliate our dumbass management

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Ayudo posted:

It was close, but the Cowboys remain America's team.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

This past weekend I finally realized that I think I'm done with watching live NFL football. Thursday night really fertilized the seed because I'm trying to watch Jaguars v Saints and at least half of what I wound up watching were ads for beer, cars, medicine, fast food, etc. Last night's game was a similar experience.

There are just way WAY too many commercials to hold my interest for that long and many times, we get:

1. Offensive play, booth review, commercial
2. Play overturned, new play, end of quarter, commercial
3. 4th down now, successful FG, commercial
4. Kickoff, player down on the field, commercial
5. 3 plays, punt, TV timeout/commercial
6. 2 plays, two minute warning, commercial

It's horrible and no fun. Made me want to really scientifically measure how much time I was spending watching ads versus actually watching the game I enjoy so much. Almost always, what I do now is watch 20-30 minute recaps that show me everything I need to know or, if I really want to watch a live game, pause it and allow it to buffer then go back and watch a quarter where I FF the ads.

If I'm at a sports bar with my friends it's not as much of a big deal but I HATE advertising in almost every form and these broadcasts are polluted with it. People say baseball is slow (and it is) but most times I can at least watch an inning uninterrupted and the time between them is like 60-90 seconds or something.

Also, the continued failure to do anything about cleaning up the officiating detracts from the experience and often decides a game I've invested 3.5 hours into. I'm an Eagles fan but GTFO with the idea that we committed ZERO penalties last night. My job involves "refereeing" to a degree and not only am I rigorously trained to do it well, the emphasis is always on getting it right and I'm called out when I gently caress up or taken off certain "games". This past weekend in particular was a plethora of terrible officiating and it just goes on and on.

I get tired of starting games 30-60 mins late and then having to click to skip ads. Or watching live and muting and swapping to another tab while the commercials running. I think I may settle on just catching up on games with NFL+ on Mondays and then just use my antenna for cowboys games

https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1716432308067049582?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I often curse my father and grandfather for cursing me to inherit a shared interest with Jerry Jones