Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

euphronius posted:

Hurts is so good idk if it’s even a clown ball division anymore.

Sure it is. Just means the Eagles are the dean of the clown college now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Nervous posted:

Dak is almost definitely probably most likely a top 33 QB in the NFL.

Until the draft

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

WaffleZombie posted:

The Eagles drafted a linebacker? In the first round?

I think that means the seventh seal has been broken. It was nice posting with you all, but the end times are now upon us. Repent you Cowboys fans!

He's not an off-ball linebacker, though. He's a pass rusher, which definitely lines up with the Eagles' history.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

euphronius posted:

From the main nfl thread

Glad to be in the good East, away from Aaron's magic balls.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wow all this time I thought indigni was an eagles fan tbh

I think he's doing a bit, but I also think all Cowboys fans are doing a bit because why else would you do that to yourself?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

MrMojok posted:

Counterpoint: gently caress the NY Giants and all the teams in the NFC East that aren’t the future 2023 Super Bowl Champion Dallas Cowboys

:hmmno:

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

We've got to be on our best behavior in the NFC East because Buddy's watching us

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

Dak just doesn't have it. He's not clutch, he absolutely crumbles every time he is in the position to make the win happen. That's why he's not a good qb. He's kirk cousins.

Didn't Amari Cooper get traded for calling him the black Kirk Cousins? Truly a prophet cast out of his own country.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

fartknocker posted:

Historical rankings of Cowboys QBs

1. Vinny Testaverde
2. Roger Staubach
3. Don Meredith
4. :romo:
5. Danny White
6. Clint Longley
7. Randall Cunningham
8. Cooper Rush
9. Dak Prescott
10. Ben DiNucci
11. Jon Kitna
12. Gary Hogeboom
13. Craig Morton
14. Troy Aikman
15. Steve Walsh

I will not be taking questions at this time.

This is Quincy Carter erasure

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

So, 17 games at FedEx?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

It's a fair point, I think. 49ers are loaded everywhere except QB and had to play that game with a 3rd stringer who basically couldn't throw. Shanahan is saying he hopes they've ironed out the QB situation by that time.

Shanahan reporting on the QB situation, Week 13 2023

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

I love how palpably the Eagles don't care about the schedule release videos. Like, 'People like dogs, gently caress it, give 'em dogs' :effort:

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

https://www.wvtm13.com/article/jale...otball/43882841

Jesus loving christ THAT'S my qb 😍 he's doin all the side quests before he resumes in September

The man's so devoted to being a good leader that he went and got a master's in human relations. Dak had to settle for one in workforce leadership and that's why no one likes him.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Carson Wentz will raise a football team from underground and threaten the NFC East as a fifth team.

I'm imagining this as him getting a crew together, cornering individual players on the street and challenging them to a game of 11-on-1 football. Somehow he still throws three picks and loses. Nick Foles is the detective who has to track him down.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

blarzgh posted:

Minshew put up 36 against Dallas; Hurts only scored 24.

Minshew also almost left the Eagles without any receivers by hucking hospital balls left and right. Hurts has definitely benefited from the supporting cast, but I think that game shows how hard everyone else would have had to hustle without a good qb.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Quiet Feet posted:

The Washington Football Team will become a team of masterless men, roaming America and challenging any groups of 50 or more athletes that they find to football games.

The Washington Ronin

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

euphronius posted:

Where was hurts ranked ?

In The Ringer

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I think they will go

To the Super Bowl

And win

Disgusting filth. I hope there aren't any children reading this thread.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Quiet Feet posted:

Coach should just tell the giants good job and take everyone out for pizza.

Make them read 10 books first, smarten them up

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

euphronius posted:

He’s better than any of us . Maybe

Counterpoint: His quarterback rating yesterday was worse than any of ours

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

What was wrong with arryn siposs

No punts 2023

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

https://wtop.com/washington-commanders/2023/09/debate-over-future-of-rfk-stadium-and-dc-football-heats-up/

Definitely a good sign. Still doesn’t mean it’s going to happen, I’m predicting it’s ultimately goes to Virginia. They’ll probably be happy to pony up the cash now with Snyder gone.

Are they really talking about the new stadium being a dome? If so, ew. Don't besmirch the NFCE like that, Washington.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Redeye Flight posted:

NFC East 2023: Everyone's a Clowntender

An accurate picture of every NFCE fan

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

:perfect:

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Good morning, fans of undefeated football teams and only fans of undefeated football teams!

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

fartknocker posted:

Or Dak is just not good

Hey now, hes a top 5 backup quarterback

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Sorry, I only rank my top five quarterbacks by intangibles.

Ignore the Clutch Coefficient at your peril

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

These black Commanders jerseys kinda hard tho

Whenever they rebrand they should keep the numbers on the helmet

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Was randomly wondering if Chuck Bednarik was dead so I checked and now I'm surprised Death had the courage to come for him

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

When do we get the Jon Bois documentary on the post-'95 Cowboys?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

The Bananana posted:

What a terrible game last night.

Karmic retribution for calling it the Texas Coast Offense when Dallas is an inland city. Call it the Oil Field Offense because watching feels like witnessing a crime against nature

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

fsif posted:

Simply incredible tech that initially identified three men blitzing before correctly identifying the literal one defender about 10 ms before the snap.

Billions of dollars to develop a system that can tell you someone inching up to the line of scrimmage might be blitzing. Revolutionary.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

Once again the NFL gives the gently caress the cowboys the easiest schedule in the league meanwhile the rest of the nfc east has the hardest.

It only adds to the humor of their inevitable playoff collapse. It's good writing.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

euphronius posted:

Hurts lost the game 100%

It was there

I dunno, it's a defense that made Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes look pedestrian at best, playing at home. At some point, you have to give credit to the other side.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

I love that this thread only has two modes: gently caress the Cowboys and Statistics Textbook

gently caress the Cowboys, btw

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

euphronius posted:

My current nfce qb rankings
1. Dak Prescott
2. Heath Schuler
3. Zack Wilson
4. Jalen hurts

You forgot Koy Detmer

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

I've got to imagine the sheer number of sneaks the Eagles run with him brings his average down quite a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

CapnAndy posted:

the actual originator's shop is sold out (and wanted $40 for a t-shirt, which, come the gently caress on buddy).

Sounds like he doesn't have enough enemies in Pennsylvania