Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Nice OP! Good hustle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Febreeze posted:

Now I know you don't even watch the film cuz most of my comics are like 6 panels

Jones gets too many excuses for his poor play and I don't disagree with most of your points but it still feels like you throw too much at his feet. Our pass catchers were a rotating cast of injuries this year and he still only had one lineman play well. His excuses of no consistent weapons and horrible offensive management are gone this year though so while it's too late to stop the team from paying him hopefully we're only stuck with him for like two more years

Counterpoint: gently caress the NY Giants and all the teams in the NFC East that aren’t the future 2023 Super Bowl Champion Dallas Cowboys

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Doltos posted:

You only show up in this thread to instigate

I thought that was the entire purpose of this thread!

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

It is absolutely incredible that this thread has now devolved into people defending Eli loving Manning

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Diqnol posted:

I find it especially funny that Cowboys fans are bagging on Eli when their fanbase pulls the same poo poo with the ever overrated Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith.

loving LOL

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Cowboys will consider literally anybody else on Earth for kicker

Not an onion article

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I hate to judge a thing like this, before all the facts are in, but it is starting to look like the Dallas Cowboys might not just be the NFCE champions, but the world champions, in the upcoming season.

Post here about your excitement for that expectation.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Fake edit: what I mean to say is that their defense might be so loving mean that they beat down all NFCE opponents by scores of like 31-10, 45-14, and 31-0 (in the case of the two Eagles games)

Post here to show your support and belief in this

e: CDS (Cowboys Derangement Syndrome) posters need not respond

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

e2: I look at a lot of advanced metrics to make forecasts like this, and most of them the majority of you people can’t even comprehend.

Me trying to explain this to you lot would be like Albert Einstein trying to explain the theory of relativity to a stable full of horses. You might like the tone and timbre of my mellifluous voice, like cows coming to the fence because someone is playing the violin, but you’d have no idea what any of the words meant.

So there’s that.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I saw this pop back up to the top of my bookmarked threads and came to see what was happening.

Yes, predictably, fans of other NFC East teams preemptively whining about the rear end-whooping God's team is going to put on them this season.

A lot of talk about Dak, but none about the 2023 Cowboys D, which is going to absolutely maul everyone they face. There are going to be a lot of tears shed ITT by Iggles and Giants fans, much gnashing of teeth. Normally it's in late August the poo poo talking starts, but I'm fine with it happening now. The Cowboys D this season might rival the 1985 Bears.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Anybody who even watches a preseason game should be probated

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The rest of the non-Dallas NFC East should just surrender now.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The Dave posted:

Drunkposting is the bestposting

It certainly is, and right now I am reveling in the thought of non-Cowboys posters ITT attempting to live while little rivulets of peepee run down their legs at the thought of how ferocious the Cowboys D is going to be this season

Even Iggles fans cower in fear under the approaching shadow of Doomsday 3.0

Like rats, opossums, fleas, and various other unsavory critters common to the PA/NJ area, they submit in fear when animals that are higher on the food chain approach

Cowboys: 12-5

Iggles: 8-9 (marred by knee or concussion loss of Hurts)

Jints: 7-11 due to factors far too numerous to enumerate here

I probably forgot one team but if so they are not even worth considering

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

1. Dallas. I hate to say it but I think that somehow the Eagles regress. Super Bowl losers almost always do and any time Philly is picked to be great, they're not. Cowboys defense is legit and in this league a team can win a lot of close games on that side of the ball. I have to think that Dak's turnover problems are indeed as fluky as they seem to be and sense a regression towards the mean with that. I love ragging on Dallas and Prescott but, if I'm being honest, at least half those INT's weren't on him.

My monocle popped clean off my eye when I read this post.

I had to scroll back up twice to make sure it was really you who posted this.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I talk as much poo poo as anyone in here and often more, when I’ve gotten into the liquor

My predictions are as follows:

Nobody loving knows because the NFL is a demolition derby with the flower of our nation as the cars, and any amount of injury luck, good or bad, can sink or propel any team all the way to the big dance.

On paper I’d agree with @Biggerboat except I don’t think the Eagles are going to regress that much, and could win the division again. And Hurts is IMO the best QB in the division, based on what he’s learned about the position and what he can do with his legs.

But, the NFL season is a long, brutal haul, and at any moment any team can have a season-changing injury or injuries and nobody really knows nothing.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is that I look to another season of unbridled poo poo-talking with you fuckers.

I guess, for posterity, here are my picks:

DALLAS COWBOYS 14-3
Philadelphia Eagles 4-13
NY Gints 2-15
Washington ??? 1-16

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Five minutes left in the third and the Giants have 93 yards of offense.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Good lord.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

11 of 23 for 91 yards with two picks and seven sacks.

Just let the man go sit down.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

They took the last sack off the board due to a defensive hold.

LOL, and then two plays later…

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Rodgers was so scared of facing the Cowboys D next week he hurt his ankle in the 1st quarter of tonight’s game.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

davecrazy posted:

Didn’t a decent Cowboys team get absolutely shredded by a trash Jets team a few years back?

Many such cases. Never forget this is the franchise that gave an expansion team their first franchise win in their first franchise game.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

THERE’S A DEUCE LOOSE IN THE HOOSE

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I was just going to ask if anyone had started off a season giving up 60 unanswered points in the first game and a half

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Jets were 1/10 on third down today, and had 215 total yards.

I know it’s not the same thing as facing the SF or Philly offenses, but the Dallas D does look pretty scary so far.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Holy poo poo, the Bears have lost twelve straight games and have failed to hold the opposition under 25 points that whole stretch?

I know it’s not NFCE news, but man.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Did they ever do anything about the sun glare coming in from the west end in late afternoon games?

Hang up some giant curtains, or something?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

I started perusing the other conference threads and it's weird how this one seems to have, by far, the least amount of traffic/posts.

IMO it is because when one posts in here, they immediately get their face kicked in by fans of other teams. As it should be.

NFCE thread is like NFCE football. Mean, rugged, take-no-prisoners poo poo.

Those other division threads like to yak-yak-yak all day like it’s a social club where they knit linens.

In here, you lose about three teeth per post you make and then have to recover for a while.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Wait for anybody vs anybody, and withdraw a stump after you click the “post” button

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

We’re just normal men. We’re just innocent men!

Who hate each other.

https://youtu.be/lr_vl62JblQ?si=QoDUPjdvL30jsS2k

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I don’t think the point of blarzgh’s post was to show how well they moved the ball.

I think it was to show that yeah, you can roll up a lot yards in offense and first downs, and hold the ball a long time, but when you have endless false/start holding penalties and cannot advance the ball in the red zone, you lose.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Yeah, the first two opponents didn’t have an opportunity to pound it on the ground, so the run D didn’t get exposed.

Yesterday it was, and unless Quinn can do some kind of crazy scheming magicks, the run D is 💩

And in at least the last games the O has struggled inside the red zone.

Bland, the replacement for Diggs, showed some promise last season and I think he will improve.

But the loss of Diggs is still going to hurt them, and while I was happy when they got Gilmore, there were times yesterday when he just did not appear fast/agile enough to handle his matchups.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

What’s really amazing about that screenshot is that all five OL are managing to keep their blocks, he wasn’t under pressure.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

DO NOT DISPARAGE TOÑO ROMO IN THIS THREAD THANK YOU 😡

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

LOL at the Belichik facepalm there

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The red zone thing has gone on long enough now to be called a trend/weakness.

On the plus side, Bland is stepping up bigtime in the absence of Diggs.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Outlaw QB sneaks from the 1 yard line and make it a requirement that the RB vault over the line of scrimmage Walter Payton style, IMO

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Cooper Rush did it a couple of weeks ago also, when he came in at the end of a game.

And then I was watching some other team last weekend, can’t remember who, and their QB was doing it too.

It’s weird to me, too.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Way late but who gives a gently caress what some WR did to a CB after catching a TD on him

ah, I see we are already to the point ITT where anything anyone does is cool and good, so long as it’s done by Iggles.

It took until week nine last year to reach this point of self-flagellation.

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Oct 3, 2023

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

YEAH but Danny Dimes was 27 of 34 tonight, which is nearly 80% completion percentage and furthermore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

Same. That's some video game poo poo right there. Those stats don't really go together. Usually, quick strikes are slants, button hooks, quick outs, screens, (some) fades and designed passes to the flat. Typically, that combination you posted isn't even possible but, like the old adage goes, you can't coach speed. It's a big part of why what Miami and Tua are doing are so interesting. I've genuinely never seen anything quite like it.

Maybe Marino to Duper/Clayton/Moore back in 1984-85