Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Pleased with the Giants draft so far if the Eagles can all just contract cholera we'd be in great shape to win this thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

euphronius posted:

Basically the nfl saw the eagles break Brock Pretty or whatever his name was and freaked the gently caress out and made sure that would not happen to Mahomes whom they and all of their advertising partners have hundreds of millions if not billions invested into as the face of the nfl

Perfect, 10/10, no notes

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Doltos posted:

Daniel Jones sucks an unbelievable amount of rear end and has constant excuses surrounding him like he was Mark Sanchez or something

I do not think Jones is the guy but your hate for him seems almost personal

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Doltos posted:

I'm sorry that was mean your comics are okay but you need to cut out 10 panels minimum per comic

Daniel Jones is just bad. He can't initiate an offense. Any time the run game wasn't working last year and Jones had to pass us out of the hole he was a checkdown machine equivalent to a third stringer. He consistently can't find anyone in the red zone. It utterly kills us. This is a guy who has only gone over 20 TDs once in 4 years while going over 450 attempts 3 times. He takes sacks because he's stupid. One of the highest sack percentages in the league consistently while his o-line gets blamed for him holding the ball for 5 seconds every down. Daboll finally forced him into a high precision offense which is little more than underneath routes and he looked okay enough to convince everyone he wasn't the worst QB in the league. He has no knack, consistently places balls behind or above WRs, and can't be trusted to read a defense. He's god awful.

Now I know you don't even watch the film cuz most of my comics are like 6 panels

Jones gets too many excuses for his poor play and I don't disagree with most of your points but it still feels like you throw too much at his feet. Our pass catchers were a rotating cast of injuries this year and he still only had one lineman play well. His excuses of no consistent weapons and horrible offensive management are gone this year though so while it's too late to stop the team from paying him hopefully we're only stuck with him for like two more years

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Here's a fun game, let's name things younger than the Cowboys championship drought

9/11
Y2K
Kyler Murray

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

NFC East is playing the AFC East and NFC West this year, I think the win totals are going to be down a little this year compared to last

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

The East also has to play their seed match against the AFC west next year too, which means the Eagles play the Chiefs and the Cowboys the Chargers, Giants get the Raiders and Commies the Broncos, and due to the 17 game bullshit, NFC teams this year play 9 away games

This year will be tougher for sure

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Toaster Beef posted:

i dunno man, i was just digging through some of the latest metrics and

Been drawing ten for ten years and it is infuriating how ill never even reach your level

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

*Dak Prescott, falling down a cliff in the grand canyon to his death*

Blarzgh: yeah but look how many rocks he hit with his head on the way down, he's actually an elite tumbler

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Decimals are where dorks go to cope about their empty ring fingers

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

blarzgh posted:

Notice as well that all the farty, bloated Giants fans have sworn a blood oath to abhor statistics, So they can pretend that Eli Was anything more than a below average quarterback carried by luck, variance, and an all-world defense to two titles.

I'm fine with statistics, I'm just extremely tired of tiny stupid ones illustrating that Dak is actually the third best QB on long downs in the second quarter or whatever the gently caress

Just say he's good, because he is

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 21:16 on May 9, 2023

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Doltos posted:

Context always matters with stats. Eli spent seven years of his career under one of the worst offensive coordinators ever winning in spite of him. No QB can win in the NFL having to pick three different break points from his WR. It completely inflated his INTs and gave him that narrative of a below average QB.

God I wish more people realized how pointlessly complicated Gilbrides offense was. So many of Elis worst throws were cases of the WR simply not taking the right break. loving Rueben Randle man

When he got on the same page with a guy though, poo poo rocked. Then injuries would ruin those dudes after one or two seasons. I really wish Eli could have had his own steady long-tenured targets like Rivers had with Gates, Ryan and Julio, etc. Plax could have been that but then, well

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

The Giants were always somehow deeply flawed during Eli's entire tenure, they never really had what felt like a complete team outside 2008, which ended with Plaxico shooting himself. If the offense was good, the defense would implode. If the defense held firm, the offense would stumble around. Beckham would win a game for them singlehandedly and the defense would give up a 2 minute drill or Coughlin would lose his ability to manage a clock

I mean one of Elis best games was when he threw 6 loving touchdowns and lost

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 10, 2023

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

any of yall rubbed off on your SOs?

Sir

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

It's really funny that the Cowboys got one good but flawed QB that spent his entire career winning nothing important and being perpetually under and overrated at the same time and replaced him with...the same thing

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

RG3 was really fun to watch but I never got worried about him at all because him snapping in half felt inevitable the second I saw how he was being used

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

If someone asked why he couldn't win he'd say answering that would be a HIPPA violation

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Nodoze posted:

Imagine having Daniel Jones as your starting QB and not even being close to having the worst QB in the division thanks to Washington

I mean the one collective thing Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants could agree on for most of the past decade whenever our teams were poo poo was "at least we aren't Washington"

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

he literally just led his team to the super bowl

Carson Wentz was having basically the same season in 2017 before getting hurt and look at what happened to him. Hurts could very well be the best QB in the division but we still have a small sample size to look at on a stacked team that's coached well. Dak on the other hand has had a lot of years under his belt to get a good idea of who he is.

I'd probably take Hurts over Dak right now but mostly on higher potential and youth, but we haven't seen how he does under more adverse conditions.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Both Eagles/Cowboys games featured one starting QB versus the other team's backup so this entire argument is goofy

Hopefully this year we get a pure matchup and the meteor puts up the best numbers

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Dan Snyder is such a low bar to clear you'd have to use mining equipment just to excavate enough ground to find it in the first place

Josh Harris seems like a bog standard NFL ownership ghoul.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

If you consider everyone in the world who will not throw an interception this season, Dak Prescott is in the top .9999999999% of worst interception throwers, what a terrible rate

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

Danny Dimes will eat a giant bowl of poo poo

That's a weird way to say he'll win the division

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Doltos posted:

The big problem with Jones last year was weird media narratives. I guess they were so desperate to have NYC football be relevant that poor guys like Hodgins and Slayton were getting dragged under the bus for constantly being open but not having name recognition.

Man what? Where are you following stuff because all I saw for Hodgins was love after we picked him up. He was immediately a favorite and balled out. Slayton got a bad rap but he's got bad hands sometimes and it's not Jones fault if he hits him while he's open and he drops it like he did in the playoff game when he would have iced it if he held on.

Can't both things be true, that Jones isn't great but the circumstances around him didn't help? You make it sound like this team is without flaws except for a dumpster at QB.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Doltos posted:

What do you mean both things can't be true?

The media loves Daniel Jones and gives excuses for him. They didn't love the WR room. Whatever love you saw for Hodgins wasn't enough to excuse how much the WR room was trashed last year (while being decently league average).

The offense around him is better than what he produced off of. He's also not great. Both those things can be true. You can't use that phrase and think you won an argument, you have to use your brain.

My both sides point is that you'll go on and on about how much Jones sucks and downplay the valid issues that contribute and held the team back. Yeah, Jones took sacks, but the Oline outside of Thomas wasn't very good and no QB is going to be the best while under frequent pressure. Yeah, the WR corps got more slander than maybe they deserved, but isnt being decently league average with Richie James, half a season from a rookie, Darius Slayton, and a guy they picked up from the Bills practice squad also kind of a point in Jones favor? A lot of the reason the WR room got trashed was because of Golladay being such a high profile failure of a signing.

It just feels like you always want to throw all your hate on Jones and it seems too directed. I genuinely agree Jones isn't very good and the team should have moved on but if we stick Joe Burrow back there it doesn't magically fix everything

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 27, 2023

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Doltos posted:

I do that because I believe usually the QB is the main reason a team is winning or losing.

Then, I ask out of genuine curiosity, do you consider how Eli spent much of the second half of his career losing more than not when you (correctly) claim he was actually very good and underrated. Was that just the team around him failing him?

Last year with Jones it felt like he was slow to get things out but it was also the first time he seemed to be going through his progressions instead of just being a dope. He's spent 5 years in 3 different offenses with mostly subpar coaching and limitations in the talent around him and he seemed to finally take care of the ball and kind of learn what he was doing.

It's a little too late to be happy about it but seeing as we're stuck with him for now while it wasn't the leap forward I wanted there feels like some reasons to be optimistic. Plus, if the Giants stumble this year, the media will turn back against Jones again in no time

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Rogue Elephant posted:

That chart literally says he's league average, he's not a world beater, he's not Josh Allen or whatever but he is competent

Problem is league average is QB purgatory

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I kind of hope Washington wins the division this year and nobody else even makes the playoffs just to shut everyone up

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

thank you for including the dong

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

The Eagles reached the SB last year of course they are going to naturally be favored in most games they play in, if not all. At this point it barely means anything

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 8, 2023

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Do the Lions count as a sleeper? They are in a weird spot and missed the playoffs but really came up hot late last season

Honestly the Vikings will probably regress to the mean and the other 3 NFC North teams are all set up to make a sudden surge. Love might turn out good, and Fields might take it up a notch.

I don't like anyone in the south. Falcons don't have a qb, Panthers have a rookie, saints are a mess, and Bucs have no QB

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

blarzgh posted:

I saw a guy propose to his girlfriend at the Cowboys preseason game on Saturday lmao

did she say yes

You know that guy is gonna be telling all his buddies that he proposed at a Cowboys game and conveniently ignore the preseason part

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I wish he wasn't a cowboy because I want to root very hard for the child to be good

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Thoughts and feelings? That's what the concussions are there to weed out

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Giants are winning the super bowl

https://twitter.com/BobbySkinner_/status/1692689862279749711?t=k8VaDktu7KtBdwtCm9FCCQ&s=19

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Diqnol posted:

Barf why did they sign a QB that can actually compete with Dak if hes so good?

I'm not sure Lance actually can lol

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

It's been long established that Jerry isn't the primary drafter anymore and Stephen Jones is.

Jones is evil and dumb but I don't think he's the worst owner. Haslam is very dumb and also evil, look up how his company got raided by the FBI because he was scamming customers

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Toaster Beef posted:

Yeah, if Hurts goes down the Eagles are toast. Mariota has done exactly nothing to inspire an iota of confidence.

But he's got an iota right there in his name!

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Diqnol posted:

Eagles were the best team in the nfl last year

The NFC as a whole sucked poo poo last year and the Eagles were merely the best team out of that pile of poo poo. Less the best team in the league and more the only one that could reasonably hang out with the AFC powerhouses

Repeat division champions are illegal in the NFC East so I'm assuming the Cowboys will win it since they seem most primed to, Giants will probably be a better team than last year but have a mediocre record since the schedule isn't as easy and miss the playoffs, Washington will also probably be mediocre overall but trending positively and get some surprising wins, and the Eagles will be a wildcard and probably make it further than the Cowboys in the playoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I feel like Washington is a prime candidate to get off to a hot start that gets everyone's attention before slinking back to the mean due to injuries and/or tape on Sam Howell finally catching up to him. And then Riveria gets fired