Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

John Cowheel
Nov 8, 2011

No matter how much you've won, no matter how many games, no matter how many championships, no matter how many Super Bowls, you're not winning now, so you stink.

Toaster Beef posted:

they've got a really loving good roster and they aren't locking themselves in for $60m/year on a QB with a tragic history of not getting it done, i think that's not the worst spot to be in

I think really good roster is overstating it. Too many question marks up front on both sides of the ball. No guarantee that they can put an adequate left guard (assuming Tyler Smith plays LT) or center on the field this year. Steele was pretty shaky off that torn ACL too. On the defensive line end of thigs, it's just Parsons, Lawrence and Odighizuwa. Parsons and Lawrence are a formidable edge duo, but Lawrence is on the wrong side of 30. There is no depth beyond that at edge. Like Sam Williams' talent, but I wouldn't trust him. Odighizuwa is their only effective defensive tackle. You can't pour dirt on Mazi Smith after one season, but he was pretty bad in 2023 and his offseason is not off to a roaring start. Where do the reinforcements come from? This is PURELY just the lines. Those aren't the only places the team needs players. The team is going nowhere fast, with or without Prescott. The Cowboys do a good job of acquiring talent, but their roster management is amongst the worst in the league. They almost never invest in the right players and are basically always unprepared for the future. They fell backward into Prescott and have done basically nothing to prepare for life without him. If the plan is not to marry yourself to him, there is no point in playing this season with him. Decent chance they win too many games to draft another QB and then Prescott walks away. OR they extend Prescott later than they should've and you just wasted the 2024 season. It's no win for Dallas, but it's been that way for going on 30 years now because there's no consequences for failure there.

John Cowheel fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Cowheel
Nov 8, 2011

No matter how much you've won, no matter how many games, no matter how many championships, no matter how many Super Bowls, you're not winning now, so you stink.

Toaster Beef posted:

like who else in the division would you want to be? philly, with its 50m/year QB who may or may not have it and a defense in absolute shambles? washington, rebuilding into god knows what? the giants?

Literally anyone else, now that Synder sold the Commanders. Dunno what more evidence people need to see that the Cowboys office is the problem and not an endless sea of scapegoats on the field and sideline. The problem there being that these aren't people who can one day be fired, they will keep running the team this way in perpetuity. No other team in the division is in that predicament now and it's not like I'm even high on the Maras or Harris. The Cowboys have Al Davis with a better PR team for an owner / GM and a possibly even more incompetent "executive" is waiting in the wings behind him.