Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

No team in the NFC East is worth that amount of words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

indigi posted:

I think I’m rooting for the cowboys this season

:yeah:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Now if only they could get the "get at least one ring" part 2 of the other 3 teams immediately around them took care of in that timespan, they would be unstoppable

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

Is Eli in the hall of fame yet ?

Soon, and it'll be first ballot :woop:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Toaster Beef posted:

Hurts over Dak is silly when we've seen so little of Hurts (and enough of Dak to know he's a good-to-very-good QB). I think Hurts has the talent, leadership, and work ethic to establish himself as inarguably better, but saying he's already there is a bit much.

indigi posted:

instead of making a point about one year wonder QBs generally, just look at the Eagles' starting QBs since McNabb, particularly Vick's 2010, Foles' 2013, and Wentz's 2017. they all looked fantastic, top 3-5 qb seasons, and Foles and Wentz were early in their careers. then they all fell off significantly and never approached that peak again.

I think you gotta have two good seasons in a row before you can be ranked above someone who's proven a high level of consistency since they were drafted

:agreed: with both

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

With how many people are already getting hurt, the one thing missing is a QB injury. So yeah, if Hurts goes it's over

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Toaster Beef posted:

i am surrounded by lunatics

"yeah the Eagles have lost at least once a year to Dallas every year post-2006, but They're Favored to change that [just like they were favored to change that in the post-ring year (they lost both games then)]"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Toaster Beef posted:

Haslam? Spanos? Or are those guys just dickheads and not actively evil

Haslam absolutely crossed the threshold with just the Deshaun stuff

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1695214383729717550
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1695215629265981837

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Toaster Beef posted:

dak prescott is so, so much more of a leader and stable force in the locker room than wentz ever was

A bar so in Hell even Satan kinda has to dig to view it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Dave posted:

Imagine writing all that whining about the field and thinking people are going to read it. Wild times.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

blarzgh posted:

Go

Cowboys!?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The division always knows how to make history happen

The kind of history you want remembered if you're there for it? Well, now, that's different

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

davecrazy posted:

Didn’t a decent Cowboys team get absolutely shredded by a trash Jets team a few years back?

Jets are 3-2 this century, and all 3 wins are their last 3 games. Cowboys haven't beat them in Dallas since Bush was in office https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/new-york-jets/teamvsteam?opp=9

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

Worst 2-0 team of all time

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1702721832363692397

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

I can’t be hosed to google it, did he ever get a job?

No he's still waiting :rubby:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/brookob/status/1705002385335263564?s=20

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

NFC East 2023: Maybe Nobody's a Contender?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rogue Elephant posted:

Dak Prescott suffers from Eli Manning syndome. He's good. he's good at quarterback, but everyone's instinct is to say that a QB sucks poo poo or is an all time great. He is neither great nor trash and never will be, he will simply be good (he also won't ever win poo poo because the cowboys have been cursed by a benevolent god)

Eli's going in the Hall for his perfect efforts in stopping Brady from getting two more rings. Dak will never be Eli

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

biceps crimes posted:

Not sure if Philadelphia or Boston has the worst sports fans

It's Boston because of the consistent success, although Philly's definitely come closer these last few years. Boston then KC then Philly. Boston being actually bad now is going to result in the rankings switching soon I feel

Could be worse. Pittsburgh could also be back in the rankings. Being in PA my whole life has been rough, but being there in 2008-09 sucked most

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

pro starcraft loser posted:

Is 11 sacks a record or close to it? That's... incredible.

12 is the record in the modern era. Done 5 times (by Giants vs Eagles in '07 most recent)

Pre-merger record is 14, done by Eagles vs Giants in '52

TLDR the Giants really like being in historic sack total games, no matter which side of the whooping they're on

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

She deserves much much much better than this team

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

If you poo poo talk or mistreat food/service/retail workers you're a huge piece of poo poo and deserve everyone's scorn

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

blarzgh posted:

this feels like a playoff game

This was the warning sign of what was to come, tbh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's only fair that the Dolphins beat a fraud, instead of just a loser

https://twitter.com/SNFonNBC/status/1715805423561847004

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

indigi posted:

the Eagles ref scandal is really funny because the guy did it out of being a homer rather than for a duffel bag full of cash. Philly fans

And God immediately spited him and the region by having the baseball team collapse for it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eli will get into the Hall just for his anti-Pats contributions, and hell, I support it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gently caress the Eagles

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sounds like a year-ender

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1721289443301077313

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Time to take Washington out of the title and insert New York

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm just grateful the annual unhinged rant isn't about Dak for once. Finally changing things up a bit

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Febreeze posted:

The day Eli makes the hall of fame is going to be spreadsheet dork 9/11

I committed years ago to making sure I'll take that day off if I'm working it when it's announced. This is one of at least 3 different sites I view that will have live, intense meltdowns from people who each deserve it, and I don't wanna miss a drat second of it :sickos:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Diqnol posted:

You aren't aristotle screaming at ancient rich people that that the earth is round buddy, you're a guy screaming that chemtrails are real at a bunch of internet age adults. Intangibles are a reality and matter quite a lot in terms of outcome. You don't like that announcers lean on this during the draft to explain why an inferior athlete or someone with inferior production/tape goes high. Too bad, just because they and espn writers are largely content farming hacks doesn't mean intangibles aren't real and important. I challenge you to meet up with an NFL scout anywhere in the US and tell them to their face that intangibles are not real or that they do not matter. You will be very embarrassed shortly afterwards.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

biceps crimes posted:

ive been out of the loop the past week or so with football stuff and lol. i heard randomly offhand once about a qb named devito but thought it was a joke. and for the new york giants? lmao

In two weeks he puts the dagger in Mac (if he's still starting) and Bill (if he's still coaching) :sickos:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I believe Dak can do it someday. I believe he can either get that 3rd win or that 5th loss and finally surpass Romo in some category of January stats, the stats that matter most

They can't both be 2-4 in playoffs forever. As funny as that would be. His destiny, I'm told, is either better or worse

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nobody in history has done a better buttfumble than Mark Sanchez. Mark Sanchez is the best quarterback

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bills are hosed

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He should go to Philly, I think. I think we all can agree that that is what is deserved and will be most entertaining

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can't disagree, at least for the NFCE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012