Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress the Cowboys

All Hail :siren:CLOWNBALL:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Every NFC East QB has to be down to clown, otherwise they’re traded out of the division.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Cartoon Man posted:

No team in the NFC East is worth that amount of words.

Counterpoint: Clownball deserves all that and more.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

davecrazy posted:

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

:hai:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Toaster Beef posted:

digging this dark reboot of the nfc east thread

Danny Dimes is the hero the NFC East deserves.

gently caress the Cowboys.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Shinjobi posted:

Cowboys are loving great everybody loves em

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9A6ctjHAxE

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Actually that’s not true, I love the Cowboys when they lose cause gently caress the Cowboys

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

They rest their starters in the last week of the regular season and lose to the Giants, which gives them a wildcard and is the only reason they make the playoffs.

And that's the opening Danny Dimes needs to eventually wind up as Super Bowl MVP

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Toaster Beef posted:

i dunno man, i was just digging through some of the latest metrics and

Solid research, but I believe it should be “poo” and “poo poo”.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Febreeze posted:

Decimals are where dorks go to cope about their empty ring fingers

You could tell me this was a quote from Joe
Judge or maybe Gettleman and I’d believe it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

euphronius posted:

Has a sports writer ever been concerned about the weight of a white player.

Jared Lorenzen (RIP) was a Big Beautiful Super Bowl Champion.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

blarzgh posted:

Notice as well that all the farty, bloated Giants fans have sworn a blood oath to abhor statistics, So they can pretend that Eli Was anything more than a below average quarterback carried by luck, variance, and an all-world defense to two titles.

You know what’s a great statistic? Eli going 2-0 in Super Bowls against the Patriots :smugdog:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Nervous posted:

This handsome devil doesn't have to worry about that.

:nms::nws:

:nms::nws:

:mods::mods::mods:

euphronius posted:

Is Eli in the hall of fame yet ?

He won’t be eligible until 2025, and I will enjoy the fury some fan bases will have when he goes in as I sit and grin and watch Super Bowl XLII highlights.

Febreeze posted:

God I wish more people realized how pointlessly complicated Gilbrides offense was. So many of Elis worst throws were cases of the WR simply not taking the right break. loving Rueben Randle man

When he got on the same page with a guy though, poo poo rocked. Then injuries would ruin those dudes after one or two seasons. I really wish Eli could have had his own steady long-tenured targets like Rivers had with Gates, Ryan and Julio, etc. Plax could have been that but then, well

This, but also having a good tight end that he gelled with. Shockey for a bit, Kevin Boss for a season or two, that one crazy year of Jake Ballard’s slow rear end somehow getting open until his leg imploded in the Super Bowl, reviving Martellus Bennet for one season before they let him walk in free agency.

There was also that one year, I believe 2015, where the Giants had the 31st pass defense and blew 6-7 leads where the Giants had or gained the lead with less than 2 minutes left.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

beep by grandpa posted:

any of yall rubbed off on your SOs?

:laugh:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Reminder that we have this :romo:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
To be honest and drop the facade for a moment, Romo was a really good QB for a while, but I think the big thing was the media nonsense around him. He came in as the starter midway through 2006, replacing the aging corpse of Drew Bledsoe, and was full on “just havin’ fun out there” plus Cowboys hype nonsense had half the football world and media hyping him as the next great HoF QB after like a month. He got too overhyped early on, which made it easy to hate on him and also dismiss what he did. Then had the Cowboys teams around him generally turn lovely (Remember that phase when their offensive line was awful and every snap was over his head? I know there were a bunch of jokes in TFF in that era), and you get that recognition that he was pretty good, and people started to appreciate him, particularly non-Cowboys fans. You had poo poo like the infamous 51-48 shootout with the Broncos in 2013 where a linebacker made a great diving pick on him at the end and the narrative became “ROMO BLOWS GAME :romo:” with no real mention that their defense never slowed Denver down at all. That sorta poo poo happened a bit. He had one more good season, his back broke a bunch, he became a good commentator for like half a season and a mediocre one ever since.

So yeah, he was a poor man’s Eli. gently caress Jerry Jones.

We now return to our normal shitposting. gently caress the Cowboys.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Historical rankings of Cowboys QBs

1. Vinny Testaverde
2. Roger Staubach
3. Don Meredith
4. :romo:
5. Danny White
6. Clint Longley
7. Randall Cunningham
8. Cooper Rush
9. Dak Prescott
10. Ben DiNucci
11. Jon Kitna
12. Gary Hogeboom
13. Craig Morton
14. Troy Aikman
15. Steve Walsh

I will not be taking questions at this time.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Black Lighter posted:

This is Quincy Carter erasure

He’s #17, just behind Chad Hutchinson and ahead of Steve Beuerlein.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Mr. Nice! posted:

:lol: hurts is not the best qb in the nfce let alone the nfc.

Danny Dimes gonna break out this year and dominate the division by channeling righteous NFC East Clownball not seen since the heady days of First Ballot Hall of Famer Eli Manning’s second glorious trip to the Super Bowl.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Shinjobi posted:

Carson Wentz will raise a football team from underground and threaten the NFC East as a fifth team.

So, Wentz is going to the Cardinals, got it. They’re still as connected to the NFC East now as they were in the 80s and 90s.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Passes framed

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Washington has had like maybe 6 seasons of good QB play in the last 30~ years.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

BiggerBoat posted:

Some of these are fair points for sure but:

You're starting an NFL team and have to pick one of them. Disregarding age, who do you take?

Jeff Feagles

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Mr. Nice! posted:

This Tom Brady guy? He never scored.

Not legally anyway, since he always cheated.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Time for the new owners to pick a good name.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

The Washington Football Team will become a team of masterless men, roaming America and challenging any groups of 50 or more athletes that they find to football games.

And often losing!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
gently caress the Cowboys

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Counterpoint: gently caress the Cowboys

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Daniel “Danny Dimes” Jones

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Here’s to 100,000!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

euphronius posted:

He doesn’t do those things but he also doesn’t win

So Washington fans get a new owner who isn’t as cartoonishly evil as Snyder, but the rest of the NFC East gets to enjoy Washington still being lovely on the field?

Other than this potentially giving the Cowboys (gently caress ‘em) a win or two a year, I fail to see the downside.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Toaster Beef posted:

i'll do him one better: i'm willing to stand here and now and guarantee you all that i will not throw one single interception in the 2023-2024 nfl season

Toaster Beef drops back in the park on a cool day this November and lobs a soft pass for his nephew. Out of nowhere, Big Bob Pataki appears, making a diving, one handed interception. "How bout 'dem Cowboys?!" he yells, grinning manically like Jason Garrett after calling a 3-yard dive on 3rd and 9, before scuttling off into the bushes, not to be seen again for another 5 years.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I envisioned this with BBP wearing the Cowboys mascot suit thing.

Quiet Feet posted:

Big Bob Pataki didn't need the suit. He looked exactly like that in real life.

:hmmyes:

Shinjobi posted:

I miss Pataki

We all do. We all do…

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Congrats Washington fans. I hope you guys improve to third in the division for the foreseeable future (Dallas of course finishing last because gently caress the Cowboys).

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

davecrazy posted:

Day one camp report: Daniel Jones is in the BEST SHAPE OF HIS LIFE and BUILDING CHEMISTRY WITH THE FREE AGENT ADDITIONS TO THE ROSTER

Danny Dimes MVP/Super Bowl MVP season incoming for the greatest comedy in NFL history

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Shinjobi posted:

a giant bowl of poo poo

but enough about the Washington Commies

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

davecrazy posted:

Show me on the doll where Daniel Jones touched you.

Danny Dimes Defiled Doltos

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

indigi posted:

re Eagles uniforms:

Midnight green home
Kelly green away
switch it every season

League rules wouldn’t allow them to switch it every year like that. Make Kelly green the home, keep midnight green as an alternate when they want to relive the glory days of Big Dick Nick, never do a black alternate anything ever again, bring back the Frankford Yellow Jackets jerseys for another game.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Febreeze posted:

I kind of hope Washington wins the division this year and nobody else even makes the playoffs just to shut everyone up

Imagine the Magic Johnson tweets :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

indigi posted:

Go the Dallas Cowboys this season

I do hope they go... right to the bottom of the division standings!