Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I guess eagles are all in on most repugnant team build strategy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Doltos posted:

A+ for a guy who plays tentative and was arguably the least effective defender for the Bulldogs last year

whats wrong big step bro, jelly??

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Strong possibility of patricia evening the playing field tbh

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I really hate that Howie went all in last year and now we busted without a second ring. It'll be decades before we recover from how much we gave up last year.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
remember when we kicked him out so chip kelly could be GM?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Gannon will get his reward after doing his Hackett speed run in arizona.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

fuuuck i might have to get a jersey before he even plays a snap.

This is why I am a huge proponent of hometown players.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm pretty sure saying that your qb still plays the same despite big spike in interceptions means he's just not good and his performance is thusly irrelevant to game outcomes.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Dak just doesn't have it. He's not clutch, he absolutely crumbles every time he is in the position to make the win happen. That's why he's not a good qb. He's kirk cousins.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The problem is dak is a loser, he's got the loser stench. Eli is a winner and stats don't loving matter when you got the rings.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'd take dak over Romo any day

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Nah Philly gonna shrimp this year and be bottom of the nfc east

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I can't imagine they shell out all that money to do yet another rebrand. Frankly they should have stuck with football team but that's why I'm not making the big bucks as a brain genius ceo of the nfl.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Sixers and cowboys belong together imo

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Dak has let down the cowboys multiple times when it came down to him making a play; he has no "clutch" in him.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Cowboys FO is basically a microcosm of American politics

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm disappointed that there isnt more in there about respecting employees and making it a great place to work.

This is corporate america we're talking about buddy. They probably think snyder did nothing wrong in this regard.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I saw that dak is throwing egregious lame ducks into double coverage for easy picks in training camp. Already in mid season form, cowboys got this division locked up no cap

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
isn't nfl backup entirely predicated around teamwork, gameplanning, theorycrafting stuff and nothing to do with your actual physical ability to play?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Toaster Beef posted:

yeah it fuckin owned

edit: lost in the hilarity of that postseason was the fact that after taking over for wentz foles looked like dogshit against the raiders and cowboys (the cowboys matchup was the last game of the season and he was barely in it, but even in minimal time he managed to throw an INT), then bumbled his way through the first round against atlanta. but in the middle of that streak of bad-to-mediocre football he went 24/38 for 237 yards and 4 TDs against the giants because gently caress the giants

I remember being so absolutely crushed when wentz went out. I was so hyped, this is it, this is finally the loving time we get a loving super bowl this team is the real deal. And then foles comes out and poops and peepees all over himself in the final two games and I'm like jesus christ I am never seeing an eagles super bowl in my life. Falcons game was like yeah this is it, vikings are hot we are done. Absolutely dunked the vikings and I was flying high lets go big dick nick baby. and then we got that bag. Last year would have been absolutely disastrousfor me mentally if we didn't win that 2017. Instead it was just one night of brutal depression and then next day I felt ok cause hey 2017 baby.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

euphronius posted:

Mahomes turning into some platonic avatar and levitating off the field made the last Super Bowl loss whatever to me. You can’t be mad losing to god

I was more mad about the idiots crying about the lovely field and "bad defensive holding call". Andy and mahomes absolutely ran circles around gannon's lovely defense that was so absent beyond the strategy of d-line just go live in the backfield. The back to back blown coverage touchdowns on the same motion pass play that happened because of lovely scheme design and subsequent failure to react and adjust by the coach.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

blarzgh posted:

*at the wildcard game

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Frankly I think disparaging a marriage proposal just because it's a preseason game is incredibly classist.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

euphronius posted:

The proposals don’t even count !

euphronius I have a divorce proceedings legal question

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

euphronius posted:

Since its Cowboy fans we can assume there was no ring involved.

Does the ring make the enjoinder legally binding? Would you have to get the ticket stubs notarized?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I've never been to an NFL game (mostly out of cowardice and social anxiety but also prices wow) so I don't like the idea of putting down a happy young couple like this. Even if it's cowboys fans. The NFC East is all about building bridges and relationships, not tearing them down.

gently caress
THE
DALLAS
COWBOYS

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Is that a child?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
So that's not a child?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
On the other hand the eagles look terrible and the defense is even worse somehow so we will be lucky to get 3 wins

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Lmao Trevon Diggs, sorry bud you are loving toast this season. I hope it doesn't turn into some gross vicious poo poo just cause some people wanna yuck your yum though.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Lmao if anyone thinks picking up trey Lance for a used jockstrap is at all a threat to dak. Like come on, this is obviously a kick the tires cause literally nobody knows what trey actually is so why not. I'm just jealous eagles didn't do it because if hurts goes down it is DIRE.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
absolutely baffling how we couldn't find a better punter

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Quiet Feet posted:

Eagles traded a 2025 6th rounder to the Broncos for Albert Okwuegbunam and a 2025 7th rounder. Pretty cheap as an insurance option for Goedert and it's not like Stoll or Calcaterra impressed anyone.

We could have drafted two tight ends with those picks loving fire Howie NOW

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Same but the kelly greens for my eagles. The late 90's/early 00's were a loving crime against humanity with what sports teams did to uniforms.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Dallas did nothing to help dak I don't see how he can possibly not throw minimum 45 ints this season

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
You'd think with the amount of disrespect I have for the cowboys they'd have won a playoff game once in the past 30 years

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
My biggest fear is that the defense sucking wasn't actually Gannons fault and it comes home to roost this season

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

indigi posted:

I hadn't consciously realized it but Wawas don't really have a mountain of milk crates out back of their stores anymore, at least not in the city limits or southeastern metro area. sometimes you'll see a stack or two of plastic mail bins but it's just not the same. how sad

Ever since covid they've been having a real loving terrible time maintaining stock on carton products of ice tea/milk. I don't even remember the last time I saw diet Arnold Palmers in stock at a wawa :(

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Seeing how fraudulent the chiefs really are I think there's a lot of merit to this whole field conspiracy that took out my eagy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Can't even beat the MAC patriots blow this poo poo team up fire howie