Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

The Eagles drafted a linebacker? In the first round?

I think that means the seventh seal has been broken. It was nice posting with you all, but the end times are now upon us. Repent you Cowboys fans!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Black Lighter posted:

He's not an off-ball linebacker, though. He's a pass rusher, which definitely lines up with the Eagles' history.

Oh cool, guess I can stop mixing up this kool-aid.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

I don't see how the Eagles don't win the division, but as we all know, the power of clownball rules this division, and there is nothing clownball-ier than this being the 19th season in a row without a repeat division champ. So without guessing records, I'll guess the standings as:

Giants
Eagles
Dallas
Washington

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

I've never been the same as a man ever since they changed their tuna salad recipe a few years back. I am a broken shell

They hosed up their Arnold Palmer recipe, but at least in that one instance, they changed it back.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

Doltos posted:

Hey guys I think we should start calling Daniel Jones the Duke. So that way we can be like look what the Duke's cooking up or call him el duke like that pitcher once

And then we can start referring to him affectionately by using the diminutive form. Then fans of other teams can compare their QB to Jones by exclaiming, "Awww, he's playing like Dukie!".

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

Cards are an honorary NFC East team.

When I was a kid, I remember the Eagles seemingly always splitting the series with the Cardinals. Usually because of some bullshit comeback led by Jake Plummer. Younger me was so frustrated by being unable to explain it, but I love that older me can look back and go, yep, that's how I was introduced to the concept of NFC East clownball.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

Black Lighter posted:

if you've got a guy who's athletic enough to do it, there's no harm in trying.

That's the most dumbfounding thing about the play...how did Jalen Carter slip cleanly under the center's legs? He's a loving house!

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

shyduck posted:

WPVI (Philly's ABC station) just unfucked their digital signal after 14ish years. It used to be virtually impossible to get their channel even in parts of the city itself let alone surrounding suburbs

Huh, I never knew that the NFC East thread was a place I could go to say "gently caress the Cowboys" and find out that I can finally get ABC through my antennae! Thanks!

Also, gently caress the Cowboys.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

Am I allowed to want Sirianni fired for the sole reason that he elevated that rapist rear end in a top hat to DC? It's loving gross, and I hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

I had a good laugh from this solid Matt Patricia burn from this article: https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-nick-sirianni-fire-head-coach-coordinators-howie-roseman-cardinals-nfc-east-playoffs-news-analysis/

quote:

It’s a chess match and the Eagles coaching staff looks lost. This isn’t a matter of playing chess versus checkers, rather the NFL is playing chess and Brian Johnson is still reading the directions. Matt Patricia just played the “rules” card.

gently caress that guy