Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ayy OP please edit the link to this thread in the closing post of this thread and link back to the old one in this old, it's nice to relive old times bud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

As much as I love jalen hurts and this team there was something I did enjoy about low stakes clown ball and not getting my heart broken lol. I'm over the SB loss now at least. Not sure when it happened but I was pretty sad about it for a few weeks!!!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

Jalen = not a clown. He’s a prince and perfect

:hmmyes: welcome back

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Blazrgh I hope you have a great spring and summer, friend :unsmith: because of the untold horrors awaiting you in the fall/winter

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

predicto posted:

I don't care if we go 1-16 this year, if Dan Snyder actually fucks off it's better than any Superbowl win

Hell. I don't care if we go 1-16 the next three years, that's how broken I am

and this is healing 🙏

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Toaster Beef posted:

i noticed this too but i wasn't going to say anything because as you know i am a fan of the philadelphia eagles

me three but i was going to lie and say it is 4th and goal in the last 2min of the game and that offense hasn't scored yet

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If the 76ers go to the finals and lose, the Eagles are winning back to back super bowls

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

philadelphia

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The thread is much more enjoyable to participate in if u just learn to roll with your posting bros' punches and throw some barbs back in a funny way (ie jokes) instead of responding to everything as an internet therapist, just imho

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Bringing up discord/offsite drama in here to dunk on an individual like a jilted ex has to be the most pathetic, embarrassing thing ever I've had the misfortune of ever reading in here and all of you who did it should be ashamed. I'd rather my team do 5 consecutive dak playoff exit slides in a row than be caught posting that nerd poo poo in here. Please put in rules that that poo poo is probatable/bannable for now on. I never want to read that here again and I know I'm not the only one. This is a football thread. Have some decorum and and call a posters mom a whore instead or better yet be a grownup and learn to manage your anger and walk away from the computer. gently caress the cowboys.

E:

harperdc posted:

my brothers in Christ making GBS threads on the Cowboys and in football, please knock it off about off-sites. I know it's May and the Draft is done, but seriously.

This post was posted while I was underground on a train w/o connection writing my post btw, ty

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 8, 2023

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

jalen hurts is cool as gently caress and i love that i see a lot of twitter accounts in sports tweets that have hiim as their pfp doing :colbert: from that kickoff game he threw that bomb for a td to show the haters what was coming

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Dak's game losing slide is still one of the worst plays in NFL history

And funniest

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Been dating this girl since last October and she went from not really caring about nfl when we met to last night we were watching tiktoks and a guy came up who had on a bunch of Cowboys gear and she went "yeuch..." I was so proud 🥹 any of yall rubbed off on your SOs?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress!!! Owned again trying to crank that out on the train :qq:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1657117669743644682?t=

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://www.wvtm13.com/article/jale...otball/43882841

Jesus loving christ THAT'S my qb 😍 he's doin all the side quests before he resumes in September

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

A homeless guy in Philly complimented my eagles hoodie I had on leaving dunkin today and then he said something to me like "go eagles!! we're gonna rebuild this division!" which made me wonder when the last time he checked in on it was 😔

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Toaster Beef posted:

Hurts over Dak is silly when we've seen so little of Hurts

I swear to god this is a loving meme at this point lol

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

How you doin these days blazrgh :)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I never know you're username when I type it I just know what letters are in it and just sorta hit them all n hope it looks right

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

snyder should use his extravagant cost-cutting skills to spearhead some underwater submersible tech imho

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

if "# of times beat the cowboys" were a stat would it make dak prescott a top 5 quarterback?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Dak Prescott making promises (and not so subtly dissing his receivers)

https://deadspin.com/dallas-cowboys-qb-dak-prescott-guarantees-his-accuracy-1850648657

The Dallas Cowboys' QB guarantees he won't throw 10 picks in 2023
He'll show us by throwing his 10th INT in January

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

the football team

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

This is the exact same convo from last year but now with "ok so he had one good season but,, "

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Febreeze posted:

I kind of hope Washington wins the division this year and nobody else even makes the playoffs just to shut everyone up

so literally just the inverse of last year

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

jalen hurts!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Doltos posted:

What's on his social media?

Carson Wentz

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Hey guys, you remember that time Carson Wentz played good enough to get his team into the playoffs but then got injured and Big Dick Nick Foles came in and won all the playoff games and the Super Bowl?

Lol the only thing more humiliating would be if they quickly built a statue of the backup qb to be on display in his honor in the home stadium

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

isn't nfl backup entirely predicated around teamwork, gameplanning, theorycrafting stuff and nothing to do with your actual physical ability to play?

Yeah so literally any of us could do it

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

hey 2017 baby.
:hmmyes: :hfive:

i want to see more of this self-care from you this year, friend

Toaster Beef posted:

had posters in this very thread trying to tell me i was secretly devastated or something, lol
this was the biggest lmao- guys who hadn't posted in weeks/months coming in to dance and pick very weirdly personal fights, simply embarrassing poo poo

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

fartknocker posted:

IIRC it was Darren Sproles, who was also on IR.

and malcolm jenkins

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

blarzgh posted:

I would also like to officially announce that my wife, who loves me despite the fact that I'm a cowboys fan, has acquired us not only tickets to this weekend's preseason game but also to the opener against the New York Jets.

I've never been to a professional football game and even though Jerry world is a monument to excess and the fragility of 1 billionaire's ego, I'm looking forward to watching Dak Prescott kill Aaron Rogers like he did Tom Brady last year.

This is sweet and I hope the cowboys lose but I hope you and your wife have a really good time blarzgh

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I just startled my cat laughing, ty

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/1690263971763257344?t=

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress the cowboys, gently caress em

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

While i love the eagles being good but it's so stressful, my heart much better handles a 6-11 clownball season, but I just wanna see Hurts get a ring so bad. He's my fav personal story in the nfl and I wanna see the dude win it all.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I swear to god if it weren't for jalen hurts being the most likeable athlete in the world + his underdog story + huge improvement in talent id prob actively root against my own city just cause i think clownball is fun

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Y'all gotta let my man cook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Euph and blazfhrgr get posting immunity to say whatever they want