Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

His processing speed needs work and will be what keeps him from being great if he doesn't improve but I disagree with every other point there and yeah, it does seem like it's some kind of personal thing with you which I don't quite understand

If he sucks this year I'll be the first to get on him about it but this is the first time in his career that he's both a) had an NFL quality coach and b) is throwing to targets better than guys off buffalo practice squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

blarzgh posted:

Notice as well that all the farty, bloated Giants fans have sworn a blood oath to abhor statistics, So they can pretend that Eli Was anything more than a below average quarterback carried by luck, variance, and an all-world defense to two titles.

The 2011 giant defense was abysmal and bottom 6-7 in almost every stat that mattered

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/opp.htm

It's right up there with the frequently cited "Eli always relied on a strong running game and play action"

https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/offense/rushing/2011/reg/all

The 2011 giants' team 3.5 ypc was dead last in the entire league, worse than the colt Mccoy/Peyton hillis/Montario Hardesty Browns, so you know they really fuckin sucked

Couple that with an over the hill offensive line that was just as bad at pass blocking as they were run blocking and it took a herculean effort from Eli to drag those bums to the playoffs where their defense finally decided to start trying for the first time all year. That team was really, really bad at most positions but prime Eli reached the point where he could carry a team singlehandedly for a few seasons.

And Eli at SF in the 2011 NFCCG where he got absolutely obliterated behind a gutless OL facing the best defense in the league in the rain yet never shied away from a single hit is still one of the better QB performances I've seen.

The Niners were very easily the best team in the league that year and if the QBs were swapped they would have strolled to a title, probably two or three

Eli had a lot of believers after that season and rightfully so, however there were and still (obviously) are quite a few Sean Salisbury-tier takes that he got carried to that title

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

MrMojok posted:

It is absolutely incredible that this thread has now devolved into people defending Eli loving Manning

I know, it really shouldn't be happening because everyone should already recognize that he's a first ballot hall of famer

But alas we must convince the final few holdouts

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I agree, Daniel Jones was held back by Garrett for a minute there but I think he too is already better than Tony Romo now that he's been freed

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/status/1656667996356759556

because they loved our reaction to the one from last year

There wasn't a long enough pause after his opening question to hear the world collectively shout no

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Pretty compelling arguments on this page and I've carefully weighed all the data I have available to me

If I had to choose between Dak or Hurts, I'd choose Daniel Jones

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Doltos posted:

The second the run didn't work was when we lost. Every game Saquon was held to low yards or not more than 15 attempts was a loss. Every single one. There were only two wins last year that weren't on the back of Saquon and happened to be the only two times Jones looked at all good, which of course was against the Titans putrid rear end defense and the Colts when they gave up on the season.

Watching games with your monitor off must be pretty difficult so I'm gonna give you a pass on this playoff game

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

But the giants got blown out the following week by the eagles when both their lines got blown off the ball 5 yards every play and that's why Daniel Jones sucks!!!

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Going off the implied odds of winning each of those games that they are favored in (I.e. Not the kc game) Vegas gives the eagles a 5.6% chance of winning all five of those games in that stretch

So yeah I guess technically there's a chance they win them all

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Those are all fair points and I appreciate the images to help prove the point

Here's an image of my counterargument

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Ayudo posted:

Eli should make it into the HoF just for holding the record for most losses by a starting QB.

A record that won't soon fall.

Truly an insurmountable record that is surely set to stand the test of time and never be surpassed, Eli manning's career loss totals

Ah, poo poo, I'm being told that it was broken by a guy who was drafted when Eli was 6 years old

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/most-career-losses-by-a-quarterback-in-regular-season

Truly the shortest lived insurmountable record I've seen today