Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Outlier year against a cupcake schedule in an already weak NFC. We're all plummeting next year having to play the AFC and NFC West.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Shut this thread down

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

blarzgh posted:

No, I assume its low the next couple of years, with a big chunk converted to signing bonus, and then backloaded at way over AAV for the last three years. The contract narrative is all smoke and mirrors by ownership to suppress player money, anyway; they can always restructure/move money around to make room, extend or trade, eat money, etc..

They can move it around and restructure but guaranteed is guaranteed. It's the real number to look at in contracts and not really a narrative to suppress player money since the NFLPA does that enough on their own front. More that owners don't have to hide it because the NFLPA is unbelievably weak/dumb/probably on the take from the owners.

Also if you retain a player at all the numbers will hit your team regardless of how much you shuffle which is what happened to the Saints.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
A+ for a guy who plays tentative and was arguably the least effective defender for the Bulldogs last year

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Asproigerosis posted:

whats wrong big step bro, jelly??

Very jealous and making GBS threads self that you picked up Carter. Nolan Smith just isn't very good.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Howie is the best GM in the NFL and the Eagles are pretty set for the future already. I'd just stop worrying about it.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
He's a great player that would have been drafted higher if he was taller. They got him in the 5th.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cavauro posted:

rember i said how do you feel about chase brown in the 5th and then the next day my team drafted him in the 5th. we discussed this while living together in the woods

I liked when you pointed out Cameron Mitchell. That's a little nod to our RLMHeads in the audience.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rogue Elephant posted:

Dexter Lawrence just got paaaaaaid

Now they have to pay Thomas and McKinney.

euphronius posted:

Killing the pass tush for both teams disproportionately effects they eagles in the context of that game

It wasn’t the only issue

It disproportionately affected the Eagles because their pass rushers go wide and cut in while the Niners' pass rushers were more straight on and gap slipping. Eagles pass rushers were falling far more than Chiefs ones even after the cleat swap. It makes it even funnier because it's a legitimate thing to complain about but Eagles fans aren't allowed to without sounding bitchmade.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Daniel Jones sucks an unbelievable amount of rear end and has constant excuses surrounding him like he was Mark Sanchez or something

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Nah I just watch the games instead of laying up the easiest joke for my cartoons

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm sorry that was mean your comics are okay but you need to cut out 10 panels minimum per comic

Daniel Jones is just bad. He can't initiate an offense. Any time the run game wasn't working last year and Jones had to pass us out of the hole he was a checkdown machine equivalent to a third stringer. He consistently can't find anyone in the red zone. It utterly kills us. This is a guy who has only gone over 20 TDs once in 4 years while going over 450 attempts 3 times. He takes sacks because he's stupid. One of the highest sack percentages in the league consistently while his o-line gets blamed for him holding the ball for 5 seconds every down. Daboll finally forced him into a high precision offense which is little more than underneath routes and he looked okay enough to convince everyone he wasn't the worst QB in the league. He has no knack, consistently places balls behind or above WRs, and can't be trusted to read a defense. He's god awful.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I have never met Daniel Jones I have no idea what his personality is like and accusing me of having a personal issue is some weirdo projection poo poo. I just don't like that he sucks.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Amy Pole Her posted:

That’s certainly an interpretation of what he said, Doc.

Go away weirdo

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Amy Pole Her posted:

And miss the annual meltdown? Not likely, Doc!

Bro you're a loving weirdo that got chased out of the discord and still hangs on to poo poo from 10 years ago. You only show up in this thread to instigate. Go away.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
edit this is all offsite drama poo poo I shouldnt bring it up

Doltos fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 7, 2023

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
edited for off site drama

Doltos fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 7, 2023

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Amy Pole Her posted:

Back to football, not loser imported drama imo. I agree with Quiet Feet.

Uh do you want me to re-link the stuff I just deleted to save you face or

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Diqnol posted:

Eagles 14-3
Giants 11-6
Cowboys 8-9
WFT 6-11

WFT is a dumpster fire right now they have no QB and are going to be a Howell check down machine

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Chase hasn't really developed that much sadly and he's hurt a lot. I could see 6 wins just because Rivera coaxes a lot of defensive play out of lovely teams but they're going to have a rough year.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I feel like the NFC West is getting really strong and the AFC East is still pretty solid, especially addition through subtraction up in New England. The Seahawks, Commanders, Giants, Pats, and Dolphins all spent a top pick on a DB this year probably prepping for the Eagles.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

blarzgh posted:

Notice as well that all the farty, bloated Giants fans have sworn a blood oath to abhor statistics, So they can pretend that Eli Was anything more than a below average quarterback carried by luck, variance, and an all-world defense to two titles.

And yet he still has two Super Bowl rings hmm

Context always matters with stats. Eli spent seven years of his career under one of the worst offensive coordinators ever winning in spite of him. No QB can win in the NFL having to pick three different break points from his WR. It completely inflated his INTs and gave him that narrative of a below average QB.

Even despite this terrible system he put up 5k yards and a 2:1 td:int ratio in the 2011 Super Bowl run which would make him one of the best QBs in the league. After Gilbride was fired Eli had three straight years of pro bowl play despite being on the wrong end of 30.

He's top 10 in tds all time, top 25 in yards all time, and has two super bowl rings. He's twice as good as Dak.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I can suck the marinara out later

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Shinjobi posted:

Eli Manning was a shittier Tony Romo but he offset that by fuckin winning something

Well that's the thing Eli was not only significantly better than Tony Romo, Tony Romo wasn't nearly as good as people made him out to be.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Was 2011 the year the Niners blew the NFCCG because Ted Gin Jr was hurt and the replacement returner sucked balls

Yeah he biffed two punts and the Giants lucked out, as all great winners do

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Romo had a weak little baby arm and no deep accuracy. He spent his career checking down to Jason Witten with over a fourth of his passes going to a checkdown TE, let alone all the times he checked down to his RBs and let them YAC. He directly lost several playoff games with his arm. I adamantly refuse to put Romo ahead of any of the famous QBs of the mid 2000s.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Cowboys fans hanging their hat on a noddle armed more successful Manziel, a QB from the 70s that played for 11 years and only produced 22k yards and 150 TDs (lmao even by ancient QB standards), and an above average starting QB that they all want to chase out of town at any given time.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
That's going to suck at first but having a ton of home games at the end of the season is a god send

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
That's not exactly bullshit that Jalen has a veritable super team around him

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Hurts did take a pretty massive jump this year. He may not have any arm talent but he's definitely extremely smart at running his offense. It was infuriating watching him make like zero mistakes last year.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's got to be both. He has an absolutely amazing oline that could work with his roll outs and WRs that are smart as hell that know when to come back for his passes or work a route slower. I like to make fun of roll out offenses but they're still hard to run if you dont have the knack for abandoning the pocket.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm not impressed but I'm also really loathe to think of Dak as a bad QB. I've seen him enough throughout college and the pros. The guy can absolutely ball and multiple outlets have gone over his INTs proving that most of them aren't his fault. I really don't see how he can be blamed for an inflated INT total this year when balls were pinging off of WRs hands.

This is a Dallas Cowboys QB we're talking about. The media and fans are going to find every way to validate or invalidate him.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

blarzgh posted:

That's a weird way to say he'll throw for 22tds and 9 interceptions and rush for 1000 yards and seem just barely above average enough that it's impossible to tell whether to cut him or keep him for another season, despite the albatross of a contract around his neck.

The big problem with Jones last year was weird media narratives. I guess they were so desperate to have NYC football be relevant that poor guys like Hodgins and Slayton were getting dragged under the bus for constantly being open but not having name recognition.

Jones was full on garbage last year. Below replacement level. A third of his passes were play actions. A third. Scored 4 TDs in garbage time to not give him a completely embarrassing statline for someone who started 16 games in the modern NFL. This is with an offense that was designed to get him to throw hot routes in under 2.5 seconds. He could barley do that against real defenses and still got sacked 44 times. Guy holds the ball staring down an open receiver and the oline gets blamed. It's absurd. He's only valuable as a big runner and even then he's only okay at that. 3 of his 7 rushing TDs were QB dives. 4 were against joker defenses that gave up. You can hope that he can stretch the field and power through guys but he can only do that when the play action is working and he can boot. The second the run didn't work was when we lost. Every game Saquon was held to low yards or not more than 15 attempts was a loss. Every single one. There were only two wins last year that weren't on the back of Saquon and happened to be the only two times Jones looked at all good, which of course was against the Titans putrid rear end defense and the Colts when they gave up on the season.

He can't pass from behind. He can't read WRs. It's supposed to be Eagles and Cowboys fans that incredibly overrate their poo poo rear end QB. At least with Eli he was secretly really good and just threw a lot of INTs. Jones was a complete liability for his first 3 years, learned to hold on to the ball this year, and just produced somehow below game manager level statistics. He's never been good, never will be good, it's not his O-line or WRs fault, and I hate that people give him excuses because Madden rates his teammates low. He's awful. Get him off my team.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Jones and the entire team got ran over by the Eagles and your one example doesn't disprove the rest of the regular season. The Vikings were also the last ranked defense in the league but go off

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

blarzgh posted:

"when a running back has at least x carries, they win" is because teams run the ball more to run out the clock when they have a lead

They pass more to score points when they're trailing.

I think you can infer a bit more if the QB is at 3.2k yards in 16 starts

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Febreeze posted:

Man what? Where are you following stuff because all I saw for Hodgins was love after we picked him up. He was immediately a favorite and balled out. Slayton got a bad rap but he's got bad hands sometimes and it's not Jones fault if he hits him while he's open and he drops it like he did in the playoff game when he would have iced it if he held on.

Can't both things be true, that Jones isn't great but the circumstances around him didn't help? You make it sound like this team is without flaws except for a dumpster at QB.

What do you mean both things can't be true?

The media loves Daniel Jones and gives excuses for him. They didn't love the WR room. Whatever love you saw for Hodgins wasn't enough to excuse how much the WR room was trashed last year (while being decently league average).

The offense around him is better than what he produced off of. He's also not great. Both those things can be true. You can't use that phrase and think you won an argument, you have to use your brain.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Febreeze posted:

My both sides point is that you'll go on and on about how much Jones sucks and downplay the valid issues that contribute and held the team back. Yeah, Jones took sacks, but the Oline outside of Thomas wasn't very good. Yeah, the WR corps like Richie James and Slayton got more heat than maybe they deserved, but isnt being decently league average with Richie James, half a season from a rookie, Darius Slayton, and a guy they picked up from the Bills practice squad also kind of a point in Jones favor? A lot of the reason the WR room got trashed was because of Golladay.

It just feels like you always want to throw all your hate on Jones out of spite and it's weird. I genuinely agree Jones isn't very good and the team should have moved on but if we stick Joe Burrow back there it doesn't magically fix everything

I do that because I believe usually the QB is the main reason a team is winning or losing. I watched that painfully lethargic passing game all last year. Yes his WRs were more designed for shorter routes but he was taking forever to get the ball out. Like I get Mahomes having a long snap to throw time because KC routes take a bit to develop or Justin Fields holding the ball for a while because he's running around, but Jones was just sitting there with guys doing slants and not hitting them. He had 133 10 yard passes last year and only 45 balls deeper than that which puts him on the same level as like Andy Dalton.

That's barf.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Febreeze posted:

Then, I ask out of genuine curiosity, do you consider how Eli spent much of the second half of his career losing more than not when you (correctly) claim he was actually very good and underrated. Was that just the team around him failing him?

I rated Eli as very good and better than people think but firmly behind other QBs of his era. Good QBs can also lead to losses from how they play.

Febreeze posted:

Last year with Jones it felt like he was slow to get things out but it was also the first time he seemed to be going through his progressions instead of just being a dope. He's spent 5 years in 3 different offenses with mostly subpar coaching and limitations in the talent around him and he seemed to finally take care of the ball and kind of learn what he was doing.

It's a little too late to be happy about it but seeing as we're stuck with him for now while it wasn't the leap forward I wanted there feels like some reasons to be optimistic. Plus, if the Giants stumble this year, the media will turn back against Jones again in no time

Can't argue with that. He is getting better and he did have a lot of trial and tribulations but even during that he was a middling QB. I think it was just that he ran a similar offense to his rookie year, last year wasn't god awful from a statistical stand point, but the ceiling is right there. I don't have a lot of hope for him.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rogue Elephant posted:

That chart literally says he's league average, he's not a world beater, he's not Josh Allen or whatever but he is competent

The chart shows he's bad at throwing anywhere but to his #2 WR for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

The reason Daniel Jones sucks is that he plays for the Giants. The reason the Giants suck is that Daniel Jones is their quarterback.

Finally, logic