Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
when i was in middle school my friends and i made a fake chess club sign up sheet and put it up in the hallway and tried to get people to sign their names on it. idk it’s almost like we forgot that it was fake and we ended up signing up for the fake chess club and somehow got it recognized by the school and they even gave us a classroom to use during lunch time. at our very first meeting we ended up arguing over a game of checkers and started throwing the pieces at each other. then a teacher decided to check in on us.

that was the end of chess club.

it’s better to burn out…than to fade awat”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

President beep this is the chest club thread

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Please rewrite your story so that you made a fake chest club at school and ended up throwing weights at each other

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

what's the minimum non-pathetic bench weight, need to know if i'm a scrawny loser or not

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

like all exercising it's just about how cool you look. you got the bar, that's 45lb. and you're going to look like a weenie if you're maxing out with just 10lb weights on each side, but 25lb discs have enough diameter to look respectable. so i'd say 95lb is the minimum non-pathetic bench weight to max out at.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I have silicone inserts that make my chest look bigger

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
inserts, not implants. they go in my bra

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i just never exhale

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
been making some good gains lately. wanted to share a progress shot.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
tight brother very tight

keep that poo poo up

soon you’ll be able to afford another wall rug too. then you’ll be in a good place

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i've been doing stronglifts 5x5 for a few months, inspired by a poster here. my bench press started with the bar but on wednesday i'll be up to a plate on each side, feeling really good about that

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Truman Peyote posted:

like all exercising it's just about how cool you look. you got the bar, that's 45lb. and you're going to look like a weenie if you're maxing out with just 10lb weights on each side, but 25lb discs have enough diameter to look respectable. so i'd say 95lb is the minimum non-pathetic bench weight to max out at.

if you use bumper plates then they're all the same diameter :getin: plus they might say rogue on them and everyone knows rogue plates weigh the best

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
use 10lb plates that say "25" on them for maximum impressiveness

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

just use aluminum weights

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i've been doing stronglifts 5x5 for a few months, inspired by a poster here. my bench press started with the bar but on wednesday i'll be up to a plate on each side, feeling really good about that

stronglifts 5x5 is the way to go

sets such a good strength foundation, and the app works pretty well

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

DELETE CASCADE posted:

Hell yeah that’s great progress, 45s on each side is so satisfying

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Chest club news, I’ve really been enjoying the bench press machine. I don’t have a workout buddy and hate asking people for a spot at the gym so I keep it really conservative on bench, so the machines let me go to failure each set if I want (dumbbell bench is also good for this but I’m lazy)

I’ve been feeling good with my 175x5x5 so I might try and bump it to 180 this week

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

DELETE CASCADE posted:

if you use bumper plates then they're all the same diameter :getin: plus they might say rogue on them and everyone knows rogue plates weigh the best

hell yeah, now this is working smart not hard

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

carry on then posted:

what's the minimum non-pathetic bench weight, need to know if i'm a scrawny loser or not

did you request an 11 year probe just to work on your bench? guess we'll have to wait a long time to find out. :(

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

12 weeks should be a sufficient period to get your bench up. permaban if you aren’t hitting 225 by then.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

the minimum non pathetic bench is 225 for men. women idk. 135?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

DELETE CASCADE posted:

took me way longer than a few months to get to 135

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

post hole digger posted:

saw a lady at the gym bench pressing and bouncing the bar off her chest. looked painful.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

post hole digger posted:

I’ve been trying to get 225 for years lol

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

I do agree though it’s a “serious lifter” milestone

For casual lifters I’ve heard a good milestone is 1x body weight bench, 1.5x squat and 2x deadlift

By that metric the only one I hit is bench ;(

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i had a life goal to squat 150kg which is about 330lb maybe (idk)

but the motivation just dried up. that part of my life is a dead animal being run over by a huge truck over and over

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I bet I'll get to 315lbs (143kg) on squat eventually. I'm at 275lbs (125 moon units) right now.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i like these kinds of chests

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

that's a fine chest
i like the dovetailing

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

cowboy beepboop posted:

that's a fine chest
i like the dovetailing

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

rotor posted:

i like these kinds of chests

same. some day I’m gonna build one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004