Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
First class is the rank you have to get to be allowed to do the good stuff. Star life and eagle are extraneous achievement chaser stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Never did philmont. I did seabase twice. The old guys that captain those boats seem to have it made. On my list of retirement activities, should the stars align

Jorath posted:

Give me your reasons for/against being a scoutmaster. How does it compare to being a cubmaster?

Do you have the inclination and time/energy to take it on? Can you be assistant or something for a bit, before committing? Sounds like it could be fun (I haven't done it).

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Extremely good. Hanging out on a boat. Snorkeling, sailing, fishing, sunbathing. Taking turns trying to stay awake for anchor watch (hazing). We decided to be health nuts and not eat our junk food. We pulled up broad side to another boat and pelted them with hohos.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Being able to pass as a believer is one of the many life skill scouts teaches