Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schrute Nation
May 29, 2007
Ha,Ha...Thought you could keep me out didja?
Very excited to see a scouting thread! I grew up with scouting from cub scouts to Eagle and Vigil in OA.

The biggest thing my scouting experience gave me was the opportunity to interact with a bigger group of kids my age. I went to a private school and was part of sports I wasn't good at which lead to me not fitting in.

Having a bunch of shared experiences with other guys helped me grow socially and have a place among the group.

For the eagle scouts in the thread: did/do you put your rank on your resume? Was it pointed out during your interview? When I was going through scouting, the adults made it seem like it was an "instant job offer" card. I keep mine on there because I want to, but don't feel like anyone knows what it is.

Edit: Or to those who hire folks, if you saw it would it sway you to hire/offer an interview?

Schrute Nation fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jun 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schrute Nation
May 29, 2007
Ha,Ha...Thought you could keep me out didja?
My troop's church had a big parking lot that was prime real estate during our city's summer festival days.

That was our largest source of income and we too, thankfully, didn't need to depend on the popcorn. Annually hit up the usual aunt, uncles, and family friends and didn't have to knock on doors.