Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I joined cub scouts at like 7 years old. My whole den was a bobcat den, all kids that started scouts at like 7 or 8.

It was 2 years of going over to some lady's house twice a week to cut circles out of construction paper or whatever. No official scout pocketknife, no knot tying, no camping. It sucked poo poo op.

The only fun thing was the raingutter regatta and they almost disqualified me for gluing a M.U.S.C.L.E figure to the bow of my balsa wood boat.

E: i also jammed several M.U.S.C.L.E figures into the frosting of the cake i made for the bake sale. As decorations. I did not wash them beforehand.

E: I grew up living in San Diego but spending my summers in Michigan. I started fishing and camping at 3 years old and learned to shoot a rifle at the age of 6 and i was NOT trying to do arts and crafts. I wanted to do the real poo poo, not the soft L.A. suburbs poo poo. I always wished there was some sort of proficiency test you could take because surely if my den mother had been aware that i could catch, clean, and cook a fish by myself then surely i could go camping with the older boys instead of making construction paper hand turkeys

titties fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jun 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

I may just be misremembering too, since this was nearly 40 years ago. I do remember being a bobcat and then getting a new wolf's head slider for my neckerchief at the jamboree so maybe i graduated to Wolf after my first year idk. I mostly remember that i did not like it very much.

Except one time where we hiked the old mission trail and visited Mission San Luis Obispo where we made adobe bricks and tallow candles. That was pretty good.

titties
May 10, 2012

Many years back, my daughter was the first girl in the metro area we lived in to be born on the anniversary of the founding of the Girl Scouts.

The day after she was born, about 15 Girl Scout and Brownie troops from the around the area came to the hospital and each brought her gifts.

We didn't have to buy diapers for at least a year. It was tremendous surprise and a really kind gesture from the GSA.

E: i don't think it was a particularly significant anniversary, they might have done it every year but i don't remember.