Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
coffee; i'm drinking it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
im trying to cut down my sweetner usage, this poo poo is pretty bitter huh?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Konar posted:

im trying to cut down my sweetner usage, this poo poo is pretty bitter huh?

I mean yeah if you're drinking some lovely Starbucks or Folgers it's gonna taste bad. You gotta get your water:bean ratio and grind size dialed in. Then your black coffee will taste amazing.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

cool and fun fact i learned the other day from someone trying to lose weight:

2 large double doubles from tim hortons is like 600 calories. if you're maintaining your weight and want to go into a caloric deficit and drink that much, just stop that and do nothing else different

thankfully i drink black coffee

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Peggy Edson posted:

I mean yeah if you're drinking some lovely Starbucks or Folgers it's gonna taste bad. You gotta get your water:bean ratio and grind size dialed in. Then your black coffee will taste amazing.

ok james hoffman but im used to my poo poo tasting like a drat pastry i don't think it's an issue of ratios

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I bought a cheapo auto-drip machine and so I wake up to fresh brewed coffee every morning. Easily one of the best low-cost big-win purchases I've ever made.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Konar posted:

ok james hoffman but im used to my poo poo tasting like a drat pastry i don't think it's an issue of ratios

then wean yourself off the creamer lol

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Cyril Sneer posted:

I bought a cheapo auto-drip machine and so I wake up to fresh brewed coffee every morning. Easily one of the best low-cost big-win purchases I've ever made.

I used to do that, and I kind of fell in love with maintaining my lil' drip machine - I got very familiar with the mechanical innards and the wiring so that if it started acting up, it would be easy for me to fix and keep going. I had a sense of pride over that lil' coffee maker. When it finally died, I was so sad.

Now I have one of those pour-over drippers and it's changed my life in a different way, because the coffee is so much more delicious, but also it's kind of a meditative thing that forces me to have a quiet moment before I start my day. Taking a beat to gently pour the hot water over the grounds in a delicate circle and watching it gently foam up at the top. The foam is always a mix of colors, a beautiful chocolate-to-caramel spectrum. The gentle sound of the water trickles and the smell wafts up and suddenly I'm connected to my body and all of my senses - sight, sound, smell, touch, and soon taste.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
No Gods, No Masters, Only Coffee