Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

ive seen two episodes of voyager, one where tom paris enters a race with shuttle craft and nothing happens for the entire episode. The other one was where neelix merges with tuvok and they murder the resulting new lifeform as they beg for their life

tuvix was murdered. fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The thing about voyager is it has like 3-4 good characters total, when less than half of your main cast is likable you’re in big trouble

i don't think I cn name more than five main characters off the top of my head nd I could probably do 100 characters each from tng and ds9

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The thing about voyager is it has like 3-4 good characters total, when less than half of your main cast is likable you’re in big trouble

Name your likeable voyager characters because I'm trying to think of any and I'm struggling.

To me, voyager was a series that happened lol, and the franchise was worse for it, it actively sucked as a series

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

tuvix was murdered. fact.

the end is so grim lol. he says he doesnt want to die and may his death forever be on their conscience, then they march him down to the suicide booth to get back jar jar binks and a vulcan that isnt spock

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the end is so grim lol. he says he doesnt want to die and may his death forever be on their conscience, then they march him down to the suicide booth to get back jar jar binks and a vulcan that isnt spock

lol yeah, fuckin green mile energy ending to bring back two of the lamest characters in trek

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

hans gruber falls from nakatomi plaza and the moment his body makes impact with the ground claptrap springs out

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

orange juche posted:

Name your likeable voyager characters because I'm trying to think of any and I'm struggling.

To me, voyager was a series that happened lol, and the franchise was worse for it, it actively sucked as a series

I liked Tuvok and Seven of Nine. Voyager isn't great but it's still better than Discovery and, arguably, Enterprise

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostradingus posted:

I liked Tuvok and Seven of Nine. Voyager isn't great but it's still better than Discovery and, arguably, Enterprise

tuvok might be the only likeable VOY character, and its not a high bar to clear "better than discovery and enterprise"

DS9 is the best trek series forever and always, tng felt a bit lost a lot of the time, and tos was a bit too 60s sci fi campiness that i kinda bounced off of

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hans gruber falls from nakatomi plaza and the moment his body makes impact with the ground claptrap springs out

lol

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

john mcclane's been busy

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

rewatchin the episode where barclay turns into a supergenius and man i dont know what they were paying dwight schultz but whatever it was they got a bargain. dude is an 11/10 actor in this

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Barclay ftw

back to DS9 this week and watched The Visitor,
the one with old man Jake :staredog:

nice change of pace from the crapshoot Voyager has been

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Barclay ftw

thats easily one of the best trek episodes ever

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Fungah! posted:

rewatchin the episode where barclay turns into a supergenius and man i dont know what they were paying dwight schultz but whatever it was they got a bargain. dude is an 11/10 actor in this

This ep owns

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Barclay ftw

i always show that episode to anyone that has never seen trek and it without fail has made them cry

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i watched the episode where leah brahms finds georgies sex program of her and he then tries to play it off as her problem, i want a loving gif of geordie running onto the holodeck but i must be searching the wrong thing

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Barclay rules and Dwight Schultz is a treasure. Even his 5 second cameo in First Contact where he starts fanboying over Zephram Cochrane owns

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

i watched the episode where leah brahms finds georgies sex program of her and he then tries to play it off as her problem, i want a loving gif of geordie running onto the holodeck but i must be searching the wrong thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9H8hWBaQ5k

best I can do is a youtube clip of it cause i've searched all over for a gif and yeah nobody's made one as far as i can tell

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

someone make that gif because loving lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Starfleet dudes constantly getting busted with their pervert holodeck programs is great

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
DS9 episode where Dax wants to bang her ex wife: dogshit
DS9 episode where quark is the Roswell alien: lmao

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Seven of nine leading directly to president obama was probably not something any of us ever expected.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Seven of nine leading directly to president obama was probably not something any of us ever expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42kNsY-BIo8

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

thinking about this scene...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMKtKNZw4Bo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

thats somethin that good trek really does right, the episode where tht happens sucks in the main iirc but the core characters kick so much rear end that theres always something to grab onto, like there'll be a good character moment or a solid quark/odo bit or a good picard speech or whatever. bring back 26 episode tv

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

and hell while i'm thinkin about it thats the number one thing new trek gets wrong about character writing,. the characters in good trek might like each other or be friends or even hate each others guts but at th end of the day they're military officers on a starship. theyve got to act a certain way, they cant fight among the crew for cheap drama or if they do its because somethin is seriously wrong. not even talkin just about the quips although obviously thats the worst offender but no one acts like they're a fuckin professional

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I never really appreciated Good Trek's ability to introduce, explore, and resolve a conflict in 45 minutes until I started watching Discovery.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jeri Ryan’s ex husband was a monster.

This is good poo poo.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

and hell while i'm thinkin about it thats the number one thing new trek gets wrong about character writing,. the characters in good trek might like each other or be friends or even hate each others guts but at th end of the day they're military officers on a starship. theyve got to act a certain way, they cant fight among the crew for cheap drama or if they do its because somethin is seriously wrong. not even talkin just about the quips although obviously thats the worst offender but no one acts like they're a fuckin professional

i dont watch a lot of trek but it's cool how much more relatable it is than other sci-fi in tv and film. i'm not gonna meet a wookie but i'm probably going to have a work meeting with a guy i don't really like.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Was thinking about the DS9 episode where a vulcan snaps and starts wallhacking bullets into people all over the station using a transporter. Might be time for a rewatch.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fungah! posted:

:hai:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

Was thinking about the DS9 episode where a vulcan snaps and starts wallhacking bullets into people all over the station using a transporter. Might be time for a rewatch.

prob gonna do that after my hunter x hunter rewatch myself. ds9 was badass

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

copy posted:

I tried to watch that after I finished yuyu hakusho, I couldn't get into it for some reason. I'll have to try again, everyone has been saying great things lately.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I got the tude now posted:

i dont watch a lot of trek but it's cool how much more relatable it is than other sci-fi in tv and film. i'm not gonna meet a wookie but i'm probably going to have a work meeting with a guy i don't really like.

yup lol. all those tng episodes where the dilemmas not the string theory alien thats eating part of the ship, its that the guy who can fix it and riker have beef and they need to squash it. thats good fuckin tv

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

copy posted:

been thinkin about doin one myself, ds9 is so good. ish ould finish my enterprise rewatch first though, i powered through th first two seasons and i was so worn down i couldnt keep goin lol. gently caress you rick berman!

copy
Jul 26, 2007

my sisters did a bigass star trek binge a few years back and came away from it telling me that enterprise was way better than its rep. i'll prob watch it at some point but i remember trying to watch it when it first came out and it just didnt click the way every other star trek had so it's always lower priority for me than just watching tng or ds9 if i feel like i want some star trek. god speed fungah i believe in you

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

copy posted:

my sisters did a bigass star trek binge a few years back and came away from it telling me that enterprise was way better than its rep. i'll prob watch it at some point but i remember trying to watch it when it first came out and it just didnt click the way every other star trek had so it's always lower priority for me than just watching tng or ds9 if i feel like i want some star trek. god speed fungah i believe in you

season 1 and 2 are real bad, prime rick berman bullshit. 3 gets wild and iirc 4's actually pretty decent trek even if the endings dog poo poo in a bag. conclusion: not bad, better than voyager

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the episode where t'pol and the dude thats not archer get naked and oil each other up for five minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

old star trek ftw, ds9 owns