Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

middle management in space ftw

sir the ship's computer systems are colonized by angry nanotechnology. we need to send out a brief and hold a staff meeting in the conference room to discuss next steps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I liked when worf first showed up on ds9 and couldn't help but try and do security and ended up loving up Odo's stakeout. Of course Odo could have just told Worf what he was doing, but Worf is the made-up position of Tactical Officer on a space station so it's not his freaking place to be told.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I liked when worf first showed up on ds9 and couldn't help but try and do security and ended up loving up Odo's stakeout. Of course Odo could have just told Worf what he was doing, but Worf is the made-up position of Tactical Officer on a space station so it's not his freaking place to be told.

when odo has a pad wth every single gently caress-up worf made on the enterprise ready to go lmfao

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

odo comes prepared

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The thing about voyager is it has like 3-4 good characters total, when less than half of your main cast is likable you’re in big trouble

chakotay was definitely the worst voyager character but it was really funny that the native american mystic bullshit around his character was 100% made up by a jewish man who masqueraded as cherokee and worked as the 'native consultant' on the show for several years

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Fungah! posted:

and hell while i'm thinkin about it thats the number one thing new trek gets wrong about character writing,. the characters in good trek might like each other or be friends or even hate each others guts but at th end of the day they're military officers on a starship. theyve got to act a certain way, they cant fight among the crew for cheap drama or if they do its because somethin is seriously wrong. not even talkin just about the quips although obviously thats the worst offender but no one acts like they're a fuckin professional

THIS!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Plutonis posted:

chakotay was definitely the worst voyager character but it was really funny that the native american mystic bullshit around his character was 100% made up by a jewish man who masqueraded as cherokee and worked as the 'native consultant' on the show for several years

lmao that's some voyager lore i didn't know, the whole show was hosed from top to bottom, kate mulgrew also hated the janeway character and played her as actually insane basically

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

orange juche posted:

lmao that's some voyager lore i didn't know, the whole show was hosed from top to bottom, kate mulgrew also hated the janeway character and played her as actually insane basically

the only way for mulgrew to play janeway was insane because her personality was written wildly different from episode to episode

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
up to season 5 DS9, finished season 3 voyager

Lol @ worf and dax having sex so hard they had to go to sick bay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Rip to O'Brien having to go through a once in a lifetime horrible situation yet again, multiple times. in prison for 20 years, wife taken over by a wraith, wife's pregnancy stolen by a woman she assumes you won't gently caress and encouraging you together all the time.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

miles o'sadness ftw

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I may regret these words later, but Strange New Worlds is not too bad. It's a shameless attempt to copy Good Trek but at least it's less bad than Discovery

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i think season 2 is ok, definitely eased up on the quippiness of season 1

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I completely missed season 2 being out already. I enjoyed season 1. It’s not comparable to old trek, but is leaps and bounds better than everything else which is a very low bar.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

herculon posted:

I completely missed season 2 being out already. I enjoyed season 1. It’s not comparable to old trek, but is leaps and bounds better than everything else which is a very low bar.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Probably still better than every Discovery episode

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I've been enjoying strange new worlds but that klingon part in the musical episode is probably the worst moment in any series lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ill probably just not watch the musical episode unless my gf insists on it for some reason

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I’ll watch the musical episode when I get to it. Just watched the one with the interdimensional complaint hotline

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
watched some fun ones. really liked when quark had to carry Odo up the mountain.and when Odo had a liddle baby changeling. I would have been completely fine with that baby changeling joining the cast

on the other hand there was an episode of Voyager where the doctor had a wig on, and an episode of Voyager where Harry Kim went to the planet of horny babes, and an episode where the doctor had a holo family and belanna decided to teach him a lesson

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
enterprise's opening credits were a good change from the standard set by tos/tng/ds9/voyager

but i think ds9's orchestral opening was the best

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

odo and quark climbing the mountain is so sick

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im finally finishing the orville season 3 and this poo poo is so cheesy and on the nose, it rules lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Clint Howard should’ve been in the musical

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Lol at Alexander showing up in DS9 and being somehow even more useless than his dad

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

worf is pretty sick in ds9, what he should have been in tng

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

worf is pretty sick in ds9, what he should have been in tng

god yeah, plus they give him other recurring klingons to play off of other thn just like one gowron episode a season. martok ftw

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

ds9 is some of the best sci-fi i've seen, let alone star trek

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

god yeah, plus they give him other recurring klingons to play off of other thn just like one gowron episode a season. martok ftw

i love how the other klingons and jadzia bully him for being a stuck up nerd that clearly learned the culture from books rather than living it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i love how the other klingons and jadzia bully him for being a stuck up nerd that clearly learned the culture from books rather than living it

yup lol, it rules. also that ep where they go to find the sword of kah'less and worf starts talkin about how he always knew that he'd be important and special and how he used to dream of kah'less telling him he had a destiny and everyone looks at him like uhhhhh ok dude

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

That episode where he finds out alexander grew up into a joke klingon and he's all upset about it like it isn't 100% his own fault lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fungah! posted:

yup lol, it rules. also that ep where they go to find the sword of kah'less and worf starts talkin about how he always knew that he'd be important and special and how he used to dream of kah'less telling him he had a destiny and everyone looks at him like uhhhhh ok dude

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

god I'm just going to have to rewatch the entirety of ds9 again

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

watched the lower decks snw episode lost night and it was honestly pretty good, the guy that writes the cartoon seems to understand trek better than anyone else on the new shows so putting jack quaid in with the modern crew was a fun chance for the show to look at itself

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I think the perfect comparison was people comparing him to Paulie on the Sopranos episode where they go to Italy

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plutonis posted:

I think the perfect comparison was people comparing him to Paulie on the Sopranos episode where they go to Italy

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plutonis posted:

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Plutonis posted:

lol drat

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol just remembered the tng ep where riker is like an exchange student on a klingon ship and he fits in perfectly. i felt like hed finally found his people lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

they give him some gross thing to eat live and he's like hell yeah and then some klingon chick hits on him and hes like HELL YEAH. i had to stop watching because i knew he would leave that paradise eventually