Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

old tier list

S - DS9 TNG TOS
A
B
C
D
E - ENT, VOY

VOY and ENT are the same tier, they are both filled with unwatchable poo poo where DS9, TNG, and TOS are pretty loving good, VOY and ENT did have good moments where things were basically equal to an average episode of the other 3 series, but gently caress both series were bad

orange juche fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fungah! posted:

redlettermedia tricked me into watchin picard s3, the first four episodes are really good but man the next three are very much not as good. i fuckin hate new trek lol. kurtzman is a war criminal

new trek is trek for people who don't like trek, not only is picard laid out like a drat netflix series, the story itself is pretty loving bad and tries hard to be an allegory for modern strife when star trek was always at its best when it was aspirational or lighthearted

DS9 did serious trek right, since the showrunners weren't up their own asses yet

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fungah! posted:

yeah but which one do you cut

you just do the spinal tap thing and have 6 top 5s expand as needed

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ngl that is smooth as gently caress

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The thing about voyager is it has like 3-4 good characters total, when less than half of your main cast is likable you’re in big trouble

Name your likeable voyager characters because I'm trying to think of any and I'm struggling.

To me, voyager was a series that happened lol, and the franchise was worse for it, it actively sucked as a series

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostradingus posted:

I liked Tuvok and Seven of Nine. Voyager isn't great but it's still better than Discovery and, arguably, Enterprise

tuvok might be the only likeable VOY character, and its not a high bar to clear "better than discovery and enterprise"

DS9 is the best trek series forever and always, tng felt a bit lost a lot of the time, and tos was a bit too 60s sci fi campiness that i kinda bounced off of

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

hans gruber falls from nakatomi plaza and the moment his body makes impact with the ground claptrap springs out

john mcclane's been busy

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

i watched the episode where leah brahms finds georgies sex program of her and he then tries to play it off as her problem, i want a loving gif of geordie running onto the holodeck but i must be searching the wrong thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9H8hWBaQ5k

best I can do is a youtube clip of it cause i've searched all over for a gif and yeah nobody's made one as far as i can tell

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Plutonis posted:

chakotay was definitely the worst voyager character but it was really funny that the native american mystic bullshit around his character was 100% made up by a jewish man who masqueraded as cherokee and worked as the 'native consultant' on the show for several years

lmao that's some voyager lore i didn't know, the whole show was hosed from top to bottom, kate mulgrew also hated the janeway character and played her as actually insane basically

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

"They are inquisitive, they want to know how long you can endure!"

"Endure what?"

"Them"

"One, or both?"

Riker owns

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ds9 is the best star trek series, i had to explain the brilliance of it to a girl i'm talking to (She's a voyager fan, i have no idea why, but she never watched DS9)

like.... i guess if you'd never seen any other star trek then voyager would be acceptable, except it wouldn't be... its just bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fungah! posted:

pulaski stans can polejack me. crusher stays crushing, bashir stays bashing

thread title