Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

first contacts a fun action movie even if its barely trek at all lol. the rest suck poo poo through a jeffries tube

Generations is pretty good imo but First Contact is a lot of fun yeah. The rest suck rear end. Pretty much all the TOS movies are good to excellent except for 5 which also sucks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Weirdly I got into Star Trek through the movies as a kid when the Sci Fi channel did a marathon of the TOS movies. By that time Voyager was in the 7 of 9 era and DS9 had almost finished so for a long time Voyager was the ST show I'd watched the most and I still have nostalgia for it even if it has the worst good:lovely character ratio

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

the sex ghost posted:

Rewatching TNG at the moment and just got to the ep where geordi forgets to delete his holodeck browsing history and the real Dr Leah Brahms finds the deepfake of her he created and romanced. A prescient cautionary tale

Lol at that and also the first Reg Barclay episode where he made holodeck versions of the main crew so he could belittle Riker and gently caress Troi

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That episode was hype as hell when it came out

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

Funny star trek story:

When I was a kid my brother and I found out that search for Spock was on TV at like 2am and we stayed up all night to watch it and he was hyping it up as this awesome movie where Spock comes back to life or something and right before the movie came on it was interrupted by breaking news that Princess Diana died in a car crash and we both got so insanely pissed off we woke our parents up from yelling at the TV

Lmao. The needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Thinking about it and DS9 has probably pound for pound the best cast in terms of the ratio of good to bad characters, pretty much all the main cast rules and it has a pretty big cast

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Incredible how DS9 made likeable characters out of the most annoying race in Trek history

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao. Riker and Guinan ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The thing about voyager is it has like 3-4 good characters total, when less than half of your main cast is likable you’re in big trouble

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

rewatchin the episode where barclay turns into a supergenius and man i dont know what they were paying dwight schultz but whatever it was they got a bargain. dude is an 11/10 actor in this

Barclay rules and Dwight Schultz is a treasure. Even his 5 second cameo in First Contact where he starts fanboying over Zephram Cochrane owns

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plutonis posted:

I think the perfect comparison was people comparing him to Paulie on the Sopranos episode where they go to Italy

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wallace Shawn ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Leadthumb posted:

why is pulaski so mean to data? don't be mean to data.

She sucks