Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I've missed my hot goth girlfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What is weird is there is no DLSS support in Jedi Survivor.

Owlbear Camus posted:

God yes, more Merrin, and this time from the very start of the game, and she even joins you in combat sometimes.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Owlbear Camus posted:

:same:, I liked her a lot.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Too bad she's into Greez

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

I said come in! posted:

What is weird is there is no DLSS support in Jedi Survivor.

it's an amd partnered game

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
It's a minor feature, so I'm spoilering just in case, but I love this kind of silly stuff

https://twitter.com/_DaanishSyed/status/1651339085741694977

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really am not a fan of how goofy lightsabers have become. But that is more of a personal preference. *insert picture of a sith lord with light sabers come out of all of his armor pieces.*

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Liked the first one but couldn't finish it when it stuttered like the kid on Malcolm in the Middle on my noice pc.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

PunkBoy posted:

It's a minor feature, so I'm spoilering just in case, but I love this kind of silly stuff

https://twitter.com/_DaanishSyed/status/1651339085741694977

Oh, that's pretty fun. Finally something to make me care about lightsaber mods :v:

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

I said come in! posted:

I really am not a fan of how goofy lightsabers have become. But that is more of a personal preference. *insert picture of a sith lord with light sabers come out of all of his armor pieces.*

War dragon rider has the dumbest lightsaber

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/War_Dragon_rider

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dpulex posted:

"Well that's not so bad, it's just a... oh."

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Dpulex posted:

lol what even

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Can't wait to play as bearded Cal.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've already beaten the game. I give it a 4 out of 10. My favorite part is the wookiee scene (real Jedi-heads know what I'm talking about ;)). The worst part is definitely the long section where you have to work on a farm to grind credits. Not sure what they were thinking with that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

I've already beaten the game. I give it a 4 out of 10. My favorite part is the wookiee scene (real Jedi-heads know what I'm talking about ;)). The worst part is definitely the long section where you have to work on a farm to grind credits. Not sure what they were thinking with that.

Are you saying there is a Wookiee sex scene?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Ytlaya posted:

You didn't want to send BB-8 to get a good education?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bobjr posted:

You didn't want to send BB-8 to get a good education?

BB-8 is the sequel trilogy droid and the worst Star Wars droid ever. BD-1 is the good droid friend of Cal.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I thought it came out on Friday, not tomorrow

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Really technically its Friday, but it releases tomorrow at 9pm pacific time digitally in the U.S. so if you purchased on Xbox, be sure to change your region to New Zealand so you can play earlier in the day.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I too beat the game and the Deliverance ending is something else.

“Squeal like a gamorrean” gonna stick with me for a bit.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Some of the needle drops were jarring.

Especially "Don't Stop Believing" sung in huttese.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Really technically its Friday, but it releases tomorrow at 9pm pacific time digitally in the U.S. so if you purchased on Xbox, be sure to change your region to New Zealand so you can play earlier in the day.

i thought it was a synchronised global release?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

It is, which is why it's at 6 in the morning on Friday for me in Germany, but three hours before midnight on Thursday for somebody in California.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

ninjahedgehog posted:

lmao poo poo was that in the old thread? Classic case of seeing something, forgetting I saw it, and then thinking I made it up later

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Like others have said it's probably uncompressed audio in over 6 million forms of communication. Developers really need to get those things into silos so we're not using a third of our storage on one game.

Just for reference/evidence :colbert:

I think that's my 4th title in 18 years :2monocle:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Just for reference/evidence :colbert:

I think that's my 4th title in 18 years :2monocle:

thank you

i have updated my clout charts accordingly

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

thank you

i have updated my clout charts accordingly

I certainly hope that's real, this poo poo is important! :science:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Time to start avoiding YouTube I guess -- watching like two reviews was enough for the algorithm to start recommending JEDI SURVIVOR GLUP SHITTO SECRET BOSS FIGHT SPOILER ALERT on my frontpage

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
OP important information came out, I can't believe it isn't in the first post

https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/status/1651241016312119297

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

downloaded WizTree and cleared out a bunch of junk to make room for this behemoth of a game

gonna have a fun weekend pushing droids and troopers off ledges

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Any way to play it early on console?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Any way to play it early on console?

Only getting a disc copy early. It's a global launch so can't do the NZ trick on Xbox.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

found this benchmark video which shows the game running fine on a 3050
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtEdrxmB4nY

seems like it's going to be a lottery whether or not you get performance issues at launch

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Whoops! that is my bad for not fully understanding time zones.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

found this benchmark video which shows the game running fine on a 3050
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtEdrxmB4nY

seems like it's going to be a lottery whether or not you get performance issues at launch

I have a feeling Jedi Survivor works on compiling shaders as you play, rather than all at once, but once the shaders compile then the game runs a lot better.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I "only" have a 2070 super and have some concerns.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Owlbear Camus posted:

I "only" have a 2070 super and have some concerns.

That is suppose to be the recommended graphics card for ultra settings. It seems like you'll be able to play with the latest performance patch that released today, at around 45fps and 1080p.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

it's an amd partnered game

There you go.

Its about time they just stopped with physical releases, and that way games can be launched only when they are drat well ready.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I have a feeling Jedi Survivor works on compiling shaders as you play, rather than all at once, but once the shaders compile then the game runs a lot better.

it's an unreal engine game so it definitely does that, a lot of people were complaining about constant stuttering and inexplicably low framerates outside of that though

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

it's an unreal engine game so it definitely does that, a lot of people were complaining about constant stuttering and inexplicably low framerates outside of that though

True! No real confirmation yet, but there was another performance patch put out today and that might be giving a pretty significant performance improvement on PC. A post I quoted up above, linked to benchmarks on weaker Nvidia cards, and showed the game playing at very good frame rates even at ultra settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

codo27 posted:

There you go.

Its about time they just stopped with physical releases, and that way games can be launched only when they are drat well ready.

the game isn't buggy because they had to press some discs, its because marketing wanted the game out before star wars day