Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Sheesh, boss and cutscene movies already hitting YouTube

Gotta get those clicks I suppose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz1swnk0dgA

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Dang, Mark looks good enough to do a TFA prequel.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vinylshadow posted:

May actually have to rely on those unfortunately. :/ Due to the audio desync issues.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Do we know yet how the disable spider option works exactly? What are the spider models replaced with?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I said come in! posted:

Do we know yet how the disable spider option works exactly? What are the spider models replaced with?

It removes them entirely

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

I said come in! posted:

What are the spider models replaced with?

scorpions

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

With cowboy hats and a 56GB audio file of someone screaming HOWDY at the top of their lungs

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

With cowboy hats and a 56GB audio file of someone screaming HOWDY at the top of their lungs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T0_O9CoQWw

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vinylshadow posted:

It removes them entirely

Missed opportunity to just replace them with something else. Even better would be player choice with some hilarious options. I really want them replaced with Gungans.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Random thought, but how come the classic Star Wars opening text crawl is no longer being used in anything Star Wars related outside of the Skywalker saga?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

it's cringe and chuegy

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

I said come in! posted:

Random thought, but how come the classic Star Wars opening text crawl is no longer being used in anything Star Wars related outside of the Skywalker saga?

it delineates a strata separation between the "core" product and "side" products of varying qualities

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Owlbear Camus posted:

it's cringe and chuegy

You're cringe! :mad: But I understand what Au Revoir Shosanna means. That is fair, but I miss it all the same.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Everything should have the newsreel-style intros of Clone Wars.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

I said come in! posted:

they're replaced with deep bodies of water

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Kaysette posted:

Everything should have the newsreel-style intros of Clone Wars.

Leisure on Niamos!

Flush from his big score, Cassian Andor has found a willing hussy to bed and pound peezos with.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

There's this entire demographic of people that experience games purely through "[Insert name here] Game FULL MOVIE! 🎮 All cutscenes 🎬 4K 60 FPS 👈 (FIVE HOURS) 👀 LORE" videos and nothing else.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

Wha.... :dogstare: Thanks for your horrible desktop app, EA.

Our internet is extremely slow here (~7 Mbps at the best of times), and I was at 84% on the preload but had to pause it a couple of hours ago to deal with other things. Unpausing it a little while ago resulted in the progress going back to 2%. So now it has to redownload everything...

It's going to be nice to not have to wait on downloads for days when fiber finally gets installed in our area.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
On the one hand I have a 3070, on the other I also only have a i5-8400, so I am not sure where I will land performance wise if I roll the dice on PC.

Or I could play another game that I still need to complete while I listen for trip reports but that is for squares.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

William Bear posted:

From PCGamer's review:

:swoon: Ginger Jedi Jesus

the second coming of the kotor 2 LP

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

VostokProgram posted:

the second coming of the kotor 2 LP

A shame Unarmed isn't a style so you can't punch the Sith Lord Inquisitor

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Confirmed the game boots up

Well, that's about it until tomorrow

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ha! Game starts with a small section that is from the Star Wars 1313 gameplay reveal. RIP that game it looked really good.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Bladerunner: starwars level 2046

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Excited to find out if the day 1 patch is good for the reported performance problems tomorrow morning

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
I wondered how long it would take for a slide to show up. Not very long!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

NeurosisHead posted:

Excited to find out if the day 1 patch is good for the reported performance problems tomorrow morning

PS5 version is really good so far! No issues with performance or dynamic resolution being weird.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

God dammit, Steam is hosed up and I can't play. The download randomly stopped with 6gb to go, and nothing I've tried is making it restart (it just sits there at 0mb/s). Already tried restarting, running as administrator, etc.

Probably going to have to restart the download from scratch.

edit: After uninstalling I try to reinstall, and it says it's at 114gb even though I had uninstalled and still won't download at all. I tried other games and they download fine; just this one is hosed up. If I go to view the installed files, there's nothing there, so I have no idea where it's getting the 114gb from.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 28, 2023

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Ytlaya posted:

God dammit, Steam is hosed up and I can't play. The download randomly stopped with 6gb to go, and nothing I've tried is making it restart (it just sits there at 0mb/s). Already tried restarting, running as administrator, etc.

Probably going to have to restart the download from scratch.

copy your jedi survivor data folder somewhere else, restart download, put folder back so you don't have to redownload everything and restart steam

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

drunkill posted:

copy your jedi survivor data folder somewhere else, restart download, put folder back so you don't have to redownload everything and restart steam

I tried this with no luck. Steam must be getting this 114gb figure from somewhere, but I'm not sure where since the files don't exist. If there's some sort of "download metadata" it's getting this from, I can't find where to clear it.

It's doing disk usage (though at a slower rate that it should be able to - only like 10-20mb/s) but no download. The disk usage is making progress for the download itself, but I have no idea how that makes any sense since there's no files anywhere. What's it even moving around?

edit: Hm, maybe clearing the download cache
edit2: lol that caused the Downloaded size to change from 114 to 108.7gb. Where is it getting these numbers?!

edit3: I think I got it working again. Deleting everything in the depotcache directory seems to have fixed the issue (also that directory had like 100gb of stuff in it for some reason). From what I read online, it shouldn't cause any problems. Fortunately with my new fiber internet I can download this entire massive game in 35 minutes.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Apr 28, 2023

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Liked the first mission, nice intro into the story and getting back into the gameplay. Thank gently caress we get the double jump and other powers from the start

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Yeah I'm real glad they didn't come up with a contrivance for Cal to forget everything.

Made sure to download the latest Nvidia driver and knock on wood performance is good.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The reviewers weren't kidding about this game having performance issues. The issues it has are really weird - I get almost the exact same FPS with all settings on low + 1440p as I do with all settings high + 4k (so might as well do the latter). Nothing I do with the settings can seem to get a flat 60fps; it always sorta unsteadily oscillates between 45-60. Obviously turn ray-tracing off because that's a huge hit to FPS (unlike most other graphical settings). My PC is a 3080ti + 12700k.

Hopefully future areas perform better than Coruscant, though I'm not expecting them to.

edit: I just checked, and even 1080p is the same. Still 50-55 FPS in the area I'm at in Coruscant. Really weird that there's almost no difference between 1080p and 4k.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

anyone knows a fix for this fun little EA based error that won't properly link the game to their own lovely launcher?

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Ytlaya posted:

Really weird that there's almost no difference between 1080p and 4k.

cpu bound then. easy to check with rtss

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

haldolium posted:

anyone knows a fix for this fun little EA based error that won't properly link the game to their own lovely launcher?

I love Try Again Later prompts. What's gonna change?

To answer my own question from earlier in the thread, control responsiveness in resolution mode is noticeably snappier than it was in the first game. This is on Xbox Series X.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Reposting from other thread, but it seems HDR on PS5 is broken:

FYI review copies came with a note that HDR was busted on PS5 but promised that it'd be fixed by launch:

https://twitter.com/tokyopunker/status/1651852156062818305?s=20

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/bownsgamepics/status/1651869461480189954?s=46&t=JsbrXZLeMaksMidW9RvL9A

Honestly can’t tell if I’m doing this right or if this is the actual mechanic lol. I love how goofy it is

HDR is fine on my PS5 fwiw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Haven't had any major performance issues. A few dropped frames, but I'm on a 4yo system. Enjoying it so far, but I didn't expect it to have full-on open-world zone.