Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I said come in! posted:

I can't believe they came up with Turgle. Just talk about a side character that nails it right off the bat. So extremely well done and funny.

Turgle will be the final big bad. Those hard frog optional bosses are foreshadowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:hai:

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I wonder if I can convert the Gonk thread into a Turgle thread.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Marsupial Ape posted:

I wonder if I can convert the Gonk thread into a Turgle thread.

No gonking way.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

fartknocker posted:

No gonking way.

Are you Turgling me?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
So Respawn is working on a Mandalorian (not THE MANDALORIAN) game.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 16, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

So Respawn is working on a Mandalorian/Grogu game. Sign me up.

Ehhhhh, not the direction I wish they had went. I don't mind not making a Jedi Survivor followup just yet, but i'm over these two characters specifically. And I don't care for the post Empire timeline.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

So Respawn is working on a Mandalorian/Grogu game. Sign me up.

https://x.com/jeffgrubb/status/1758542352874909923?s=46

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay this is better.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Yeah, that sounds fine. But Titanfall 3 though :(

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
we're never getting Titanfall 3 are we :(

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I mean a Mandalorian is as close at Star Wars has to a Titanfall pilot.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

No, that'd be Grogu piloting the IG unit

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Mandalorians will now specialize in wall-running and piloting gigantic beskar robots

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Vinylshadow posted:

No, that'd be Grogu piloting the IG unit

That's what they said, a Mandalorian.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

gonna need confirmation from someone other than jeff grubb

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Wolfsheim posted:

Man, gently caress this guy

Got the poncho though

I assume the rift that opened in the shop after that is basically 'all skills maxed' endgame content right because lol

I stayed away from this thread until I finished the game, but I was extremely tempted to come in just to have somewhere to vent after finally beating this rear end in a top hat

I lost count of how many times I died but it was definitely more than twenty. Ultimately the dual saber stance was the one I used to beat him.

When I entered the force rift in Doma's shop for the first time and saw two of them I thought 'jesus christ' but like the other poster said the fight is somehow easier. The dual rancor fight is harder.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
The third jedi game is going to have an oggido boss that requires both pixel perfect aim and frame perfect timing to defeat, like some evil unlabeled QTE.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

It's going to be Turgle

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Turgle Power

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Just finished the game. Thoughts in a nutshell:

Mechanically as a sequel: pretty much nailed it. Feels like it's following that Sid Meier rule of thirds; one third the same, one third tweaked, one third new. No major complaints there.

Story wise: a bit of a mess and a step backwards. There's three entirely separate stories going on with almost zero interaction between them and plot and characterisation develops unevenly. This gets particularly clear in the final quarter of the game where we start getting some very long cutscenes as the game realises it needs to establish some stakes. There's certainly nothing like the Cal/Cere/Trilla dynamic that runs as a core thread all the way through game one. The ending is just bad as an ending.

Enjoyed it, will push reasonably to 100%, looking forward to game 3.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
The ending is definitely “it’s an ending, that’s enough” territory

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
We'll always have Turgle.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

EA announced today that they are moving away from licensed I.P. :/ RIP a 3rd game I guess?

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
https://www.ign.com/articles/respaw..._source=twitter

and

https://www.radiotimes.com/technology/gaming/star-wars-jedi-3-cameron-monaghan-newsupdate/

Would seem to say it's still on?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The rumoured (?) Mandalorian FPS mentioned earlier in this thread has been confirmed cancelled, at any rate.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Fucks sake! Respawn would have made a cracker FPS.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
This series has been a success, so I'd expect they'll go ahead and round it out considering the ducks are already in a row.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ah, boooo, great job as always, EA :negative:

e: had that tab open for too long, maybe there's hope? :pray:

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 29, 2024

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

EA gonna stick to their established IP and not take any risks on novel untested properties like *checks notes* Star Wars

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Can't wait to see what new fresh hell of a launch the PC version of the 3rd game will be.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

jisforjosh posted:

Can't wait to see what new fresh hell of a launch the PC version of the 3rd game will be.

I have a bad feeling about this

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

So I've been looking at JS while it's on sale. . I quite liked the first one.

But all these EA games all end up on game pass now a year or so down the line right?

In which case I might just wait.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Deptfordx posted:

But all these EA games all end up on game pass now a year or so down the line right?

For ~$36 (Deluxe cosmetics) I'd say picking it up now is worth it - it definitely earns that price with its gameplay and content

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Just got back to this after dropping it for a few other games.

This game is the perfect sequel it's all things you could have conveicebly in the first game and there is nothing game breaking different but still so much fun. Looks great just like the first one. Still going through it, only complaint is the minimap/map sucks.

Also just noticed since coming after a 1-2 month, performance on PS5 has randomly gotten worse and I notice way more minor bugs/clipping. It's not broken but definitely dropped frames where there were none and lots of buggy animations/physics.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Deptfordx posted:

Lol. It's a glorious victory for a months patience!

Goddamn, though. That EA downloader is sllloooowwww. It's literally taken me all day to download the drat thing.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Deptfordx posted:

Lol. It's a glorious victory for a months patience!

Goddamn, though. That EA downloader is sllloooowwww. It's literally taken me all day to download the drat thing.

Ea downloader is fast but there is a well known bug on Origen/EA play. It will sometimes show downloading but it drops the speed to like 1kbps. You need to pause unpause and it returns to full speed.

I play a lot of EA poo poo on PC so I have noticed this many times.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Ugh, three crashes in the first 90 minutes.

I heard this game was still buggy as gently caress a year out which is why I held off buying it.

What's worse is, I'm really enjoying it. :(

What is it with EA and bad pc ports. Dead Space was a clown show on pc release as well, but it was mostly fixed by this long after release.

I'll give it another go, but if this keeps up, I might just wait for a probable PS5 purchase at some point and get it on that. At least I haven't lost anything as it was on Game Pass.

Deptfordx fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Deptfordx posted:

Ugh, three crashes in the first 90 minutes.

I heard this game was still buggy as gently caress a year out which is why I held off buying it.

What's worse is, I'm really enjoying it. :(

What is it with EA and bad pc ports. Dead Space was a clown show on pc release as well, but it was mostly fixed by this long after release.

I'll give it another go, but if this keeps up, I might just wait for a probable PS5 purchase at some point and get it on that. At least I haven't lost anything as it was on Game Pass.

Turn off ray tracing. It helps.