Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Chicken Wing Flavors
Buffalo
Maple
Chipotle Maple
Thai
Sweet Chili
Teriyaki
Bbq
Honey Garlic
Cajun
Buffalo Blue
Lemon Pepper
Garlic
Candied Bacon
Spicy House (dry)
Creamy Dill
Dry Moroccan
Dry Taco
Peanut Satay
Mango Jalapeño
Green Curry Coconut
Jerk
Inferno
Salt & Pepper
Smoked Honey Mustard
Goku
View Results

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

BWW was tolerable 20 years ago when they still had 25¢ Wing Tuesdays and you could eat your weight in wings for dirt cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

MrQwerty posted:

where the gently caress is mango habanero op

For real. 25 option poll and it leaves out the hands down best flavor.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

MrQwerty posted:

thinking to possibly go buy some wings at the store and do the baking powder oven trick, toss them in some sauce made out of some hot sauces I have and butter, and then dip them in this

Okay I've continued testing and studying the science on this, and we've figured out the gamechanger:

Toss some S&P in with the baking powder and then refrigerate the wings for a few hours, even overnight if you can assure its safe.

The S&P blisters the skin which leads to an unbelievable crunch my family swears is better than oil fried wings

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Drunk Nerds posted:

Okay I've continued testing and studying the science on this, and we've figured out the gamechanger:

Toss some S&P in with the baking powder and then refrigerate the wings for a few hours, even overnight if you can assure its safe.

The S&P blisters the skin which leads to an unbelievable crunch my family swears is better than oil fried wings

Pretty sure it the bakin powder that changes the skin PH, which leads to the crunch.

I would like to hear perfected BP amounts

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Pretty sure it the bakin powder that changes the skin PH, which leads to the crunch.

I would like to hear perfected BP amounts

Just a dash'll do yah.

The baking powder for sure helps. But we've tested recipes for years, starting with a thread here in GBS. The S and P change the crunch from "present and decent" to "librarians 50 miles away shush you"

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Remember when appetizers were $5? I'd pay $5 for a pound of wings, in addition to the purchase of a beer. Well, theyre not even wings are they, they're winglettes. They cut the wing in half, those cheap pricks.

I'm surprised at low polling for Lemon Pepper and S&P, they really are the classic dry rub for wings or ribs. Also really nice if you like to have a moustache, that way you don't have to spend half your time cleaning sauce out of it.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Charles Bukowski posted:

Remember when appetizers were $5? I'd pay $5 for a pound of wings, in addition to the purchase of a beer. Well, theyre not even wings are they, they're winglettes. They cut the wing in half, those cheap pricks.

If the stickers on my local gas pumps are to be believed, this is Joe Biden's doing.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
my assumption is it's price gouging by Tyson et al that actually done it

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Pug Rodeo posted:

BWW was tolerable 20 years ago when they still had 25¢ Wing Tuesdays and you could eat your weight in wings for dirt cheap.

If we say there's ~10 wings per pound that's like $1400 for a healthy adult male

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
If a Smitty's in bumfuck Canada can do chicken wings for 9 cents each, wtf a big company like Wings charging a buck each? There's something nefarious afoot friends and enemies. Lack of curry pineapple flavour in the poll.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

thinking to go to wingsup and pay $53.46 for 10 wings and some veggies (and that's before the 10% tip)

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I trade goods and services for wings

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

thinking to go to wingsup and pay $53.46 for 10 wings and some veggies (and that's before the 10% tip)

its called wingsup because the sauce is catsup

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The last time I went to Buffalo Wild Wings they completely messed up my to-go order, to the point that they would have been more accurate to just throw some random wings and sides in a bag. When I complained about it they refunded me and claimed a gift card was in the mail, but that never showed up. I thought the wings were alright but that turned me off enough to just stop going.

There's also the chain Quaker Steak and Lube around here that's alright, but crazy expensive. But they're at PNC Park and there's something satisfying about eating wings at a baseball game in the summer.

Best place is this hole in the wall pizza place near me. Still pretty cheap, nice and meaty wings, and they'll let you mix and match sauces even on an order of 6 wings.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
B-Dubs is wildly inconsistent. The one closest to me is clean, decent food, and the beers are pretty reasonably priced for the area. We don’t go there for dinner or anything but if there’s a game we want to watch that’s usually where we go, although in that case the sports atmosphere has a lot to do with it also. If we’re actually going out specifically for wings we’ll go somewhere else. For takeout wings we only ever get Wingstop.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

1 more sleep until CHICKEN WINGS

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

It's weird how spicy garlic is rare. Its a top tier BWW flavor, but rarely shows up other places.

"Buffalo sauce, but use garlic butter instead of normal" is easy and delicious

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Charles Bukowski posted:

Who the hell wants an uncut, full wing, when they order “wings”?

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Also, smoking some wings this week!

BigBeefCity
Oct 26, 2022

~*Special Delivery*~
~*For Anime Fans*~

OVERSIZE
PACKAGE

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Well I went to BWW and holy poo poo is that place expensive. My nephew got 2 Twisted Teas on tap (he's 22) and they were $8 a piece. I had a few miller lites at $5.50 a piece.

10 piece boneless, 10 piece traditional, and fried pickles.

After tip, almost $90.

gently caress that place.

My aunt who took me out as a little kid in her ancient pontiac firebird I bet told my parents the same story: "Jesus Christ the kid ate 3 strawberry pancakes and it cost me like $9!!" :)
You're being a good uncle who they'll always remember.
Bring 'em up to Manitowoc and I'll take 'em on a Maritime museum and sub tour, I used to volunteer there. I can show 'em the town ;)

that's what her car looked like, now imagine that taking you out for pancakes !!

she passed away about a decade ago or so

BigBeefCity fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 2, 2023

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

I would for 3 reasons. More food = better, more value for your dollar, and the price would make more sense to me. Really just deep fry a whole chicken, sauce the entire fucker, and give it to me in a basket and I'm set for at least 2 beers.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Oh yeah. In small print on the menu it said that carrots and celery are available upon request. I asked the guy if I could have some and if it'd cost extra and he said he doesn't charge but some people do.

:confused:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BigBeefCity posted:

My aunt who took me out as a little kid in her ancient pontiac firebird I bet told my parents the same story: "Jesus Christ the kid ate 3 strawberry pancakes and it cost me like $9!!" :)
You're being a good uncle who they'll always remember.
Bring 'em up to Manitowoc and I'll take 'em on a Maritime museum and sub tour, I used to volunteer there. I can show 'em the town ;)

I really want to see that museum.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

There's a place here that will serve you 6, roasted, and they're great

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Chinese takeout places do this and I like it

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

This is a terrible development

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

That crispy wing tip is the best part of the wing

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Soy garlic Korean wings for me please

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Great news! I got wings.

They messed up the order by switching the sweet chili crispy tofu and the inferno chicken wings flavors. My GF isn't gonna eat inferno anything otherwise I wouldn't have bothered but I went to get the order corrected and they let me keep the wrong order so I have a poo poo load of food lol.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Looks loving good dude. I want to try the inferno tofu

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Yeah I ate all the inferno wings last night, going at the inferno tofu tonight. Spicy butthole.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I still don't know what Goku flavor is

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

I still don't know what Goku flavor is
i dunno but i found this:

quote:

Goku also has a Saiyan name, Kakarot, which has a simpler meaning, Since all Saiyan names are basically puns for vegetables, Kakarot is nothing more than a pun on the word "carrot".
so carrot flavor???

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Those wings look great.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Those pics triggered a salivary reaction

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
https://youtu.be/fVcwKDzg5tU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

numberoneposter posted:

Great news! I got wings.

Them some fine rear end looking wings :hai:

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

numberoneposter posted:

They messed up the order by switching the sweet chili crispy tofu and the inferno chicken wings flavors. My GF isn't gonna eat inferno anything otherwise I wouldn't have bothered but I went to get the order corrected and they let me keep the wrong order so I have a poo poo load of food lol.

This is a blessed event and I'm happy you shared it with us.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm afraid to see this thread go as the climax has happened.

I'm a chicken wing aficionado.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
When we had time to kill waiting on compounding, my buddy and I at the drug factory would go to wingstop and order 50 wings to go, split it, then take it back to the break room and demolish all of them in 15 minutes while everyone looked on in disgust.