Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Also I think he said a couple times that he thinks the AI is probably better controlling his troops than he is lol. I’ve watched Quill for close to a decade and idk that I think of him too much as a tactical combat mastermind kind of guy. Anything approaching micromanagement that can instead be automated frequently is.

Anno fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

I’ll be very happy if this is a big breakout for the series. It’d be incredibly well deserved.

Anno
May 10, 2017

AoW3 and PF both did like 10k concurrents at launch. This is almost double that 30 minutes in! Seems like a certified (sales) success. Hopefully that means a second season of expansions!

Anno
May 10, 2017

Someone on Reddit said the game defaulted to their integrated GPU. So I guess if things seem weird that might be one place to check.

I hopped into the default map for a few minutes before heading back to work and everything seemed to run well maxed out on a 3070/10700k. Was getting 100-120 FPS depending how fast I was scrolling around.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Also the game has Workshop support and has three example mods from Triumph. One replaces spiders with potatoes, one is called Tome of the Penguin and one is a larger 12 player map size. I assume it’s mostly to help people get started with some mod examples but I’ll take the penguin tome and bigger maps thanks.

Anno
May 10, 2017

2 hour trip report: It's fantastic and oh god I'm going to play so much of this. Congrats Gerblyn and everyone at Triumph and Paradox - you crushed it, and I hope the game does as well for you as it looks like it's doing to me.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I haven’t really ever touched mods either so I started a new realm with a bunch thrown in. The Hero Classes mod is very fun but likely hilariously busted balance wise. I think I’m going to try to limit it to maybe just my ruler because it sure seems like it’ll get out of control quickly. But that’s fun! The game is such a great receptacle for more content, I hope we get a second round of expansions (and mods keep being awesome).

The unique veterancy mod is also v cool and honestly something I wish was implemented baseline. I know it’s a ton of work but it makes it so much easier to care for even my lamest dudes when they have cool veteran upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

Real life kind of conspired against me getting into this at launch, and since then it's just been a million other good games, so I'm just now committing to a real run, and man this game rocks. I'm playing on a massive map with 10 people and even then it really feels like this exotic fantasy world that's taking forever to explore and slowly conquer. It's a really great time and I hope they keep filling it out with content as long as possible because I think they have such an amazing base game going. It looks great, runs really well and just has this huge breadth of game to explore.