Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Uncle Frank posted:

There are a lot of things that need to be completely ripped off from mgsv constantly imo

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Good soup! posted:

Insanely excited to lose thousands of hours perfecting the right loadout like I did on the original games

yep, just staying up all night until it was time for school making a whole roster of perfect AC's with custom emblems.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
so hype for this, running glass cannon builds only

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Good soup! posted:

Insanely excited to lose thousands of hours perfecting the right loadout like I did on the original games

Leadthumb posted:

yep, just staying up all night until it was time for school making a whole roster of perfect AC's with custom emblems.

loving yes

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Leadthumb posted:

This was the way.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

But also being younger than that, not understanding any mechanics whatsoever, dying a lot and being made into a cool cyborg ftw

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I hope they keep the separate arena mode because in 3 that was usually more fun than the missions

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I hope they keep the separate arena mode because in 3 that was usually more fun than the missions

think they mentioned it in the interview but i dont remember 100%

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Creating emblems in ac: project phantasm is how I got into low-res art I think. Definitely where I learned a lot about manually antialiasing and color values and stuff.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

Creating emblems in ac: project phantasm is how I got into low-res art I think. Definitely where I learned a lot about manually antialiasing and color values and stuff.

one more thing i need to thank armored core/fromsoft for

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

bees x1000 posted:

this looks like it will benefit from the full power of my Xbox Series X tm

I think I’m gonna get an XSX so I can play this. It’s time.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

HolePisser1982 posted:

cannot wait to swing a big futuristic chainsaw around

:hmmyes:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I think I’m gonna get an XSX so I can play this. It’s time.

good choice

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I watched the trailer again, it looks like they gave the hover leg ability to the spider legs, badass if true.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Insanely stoked for new Armored Core, glad they kept those dumbass arms forts too

If Human Plus is still a thing that's gonna generate some hellacious posts

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I played AC3 as a young lad and loved it but was very bad at it. it's a trip realizing it was the first From game I played, fromsoft ftw

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I have never played an armored core game (!). this looks fuckin cool

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I wanted to get the special edition with the robot figure but it’s $200, $400 if you want it to come with a garage. wild.

Boofy
Sep 11, 2001

If this is bad, i reserve the right to be the first one to call it armored snore.

thanks to dendy, for good sig

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

armored core owns y'all are gonna have a blast

also probably go bankrupt

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
How was the multiplayer arena mode in prior entries? As someone who's gonna try AC for the first time that mode caught my eye.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I wanted to get the special edition with the robot figure but it’s $200, $400 if you want it to come with a garage. wild.

I love art books and steel books but I can pass on figures.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

the figure and the garage together look awesome but lol at spending $400 on it

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Seltzer posted:

How was the multiplayer arena mode in prior entries? As someone who's gonna try AC for the first time that mode caught my eye.

I thought it was really cool but i definitely was getting clowned on repeatedly... lol resorting to cheap strats like shooting the other guy with a hidden thermite shot to overheat them so that i could just dump missiles into their paralyzed rear end

copy
Jul 26, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

I thought it was really cool but i definitely was getting clowned on repeatedly... lol resorting to cheap strats like shooting the other guy with a hidden thermite shot to overheat them so that i could just dump missiles into their paralyzed rear end

the D.E.N.N.I.S. system of mecha combat lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Every time i see this thread title i get pumped again.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

:hellyeah:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Leadthumb posted:

Hell, same

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkmnaMLCfAQ

quietly losin my mind

copy
Jul 26, 2007

oh gently caress

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

quote:

Yamamura promises Armored Core 6 will have a "revised" and "more intuitive control scheme" compared with past games.

If You Ain't Outta Control, You Ain't In Control

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
there was some talk that armored core was at summer games fest in a more behind-the-scenes way and it turned out to be true. some press got to see a gameplay demo and the embargo was lifted on some of it about 30 mins ago

vaati has a 30 min video with a bunch of talking, but the uncommentated good poo poo starts at 22:53

https://youtu.be/nUTPLucLU5I?t=1374

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
This looks like it controls really fluidly which is about all I can ask for. I really liked Armored Core 3 but ZOE2 has my heart for mech games. The dashes, boosts, and melee attacks all look very responsive.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

The hype levels are off the charts. I'm gonna freak out when this game releases.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
it's going to be so sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
so pumped