Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

god i'm hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
if ive never played an armored core whats a good one to play

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

whatis posted:

there was some talk that armored core was at summer games fest in a more behind-the-scenes way and it turned out to be true. some press got to see a gameplay demo and the embargo was lifted on some of it about 30 mins ago

vaati has a 30 min video with a bunch of talking, but the uncommentated good poo poo starts at 22:53

https://youtu.be/nUTPLucLU5I?t=1374

it's everything I've wanted

John Romero posted:

Yes

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
shut the gently caress up john romero

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

John Romero posted:

Armored core: nexus

I got the tude now posted:

shut the gently caress up john romero

also this

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Can you play it with a huge steel battalion type controller

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I haven't purchased an AC game in about 15 years. Probably since Last Raven(which is my favorite). I wasn't as big of a fan of 4 or 5

This is gonna be loving excellent.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

If there's online co-op where you roll with a squad of specialized ACs for different roles in the same mission it's over for me, it's over

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Leadthumb posted:

If there's online co-op where you roll with a squad of specialized ACs for different roles in the same mission it's over for me, it's over

please, oh please

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kazvall posted:

please, oh please

lol sup kaz

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

not much, haven't really been paying attention to anything new in gaming for awhile, pretty wild year for AAA titles coming out (d4, street fighter, etc) but I think Armored Core is where I'll decide to exit my own plato's cave and worship FROM software from the comfort of the staples office chair that I built myself

crazy to think how big FROM has gotten since the olden days of kingsfield and armored core, this new game perhaps has the biggest budget/team of any AC game before it

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

The hype levels are off the charts. I'm gonna freak out when this game releases.

im so loving stoked i cannot believe it. had some friends who'd never played AC before talking about the new game play trailer and they were like "i dont like how pointy the robot looks" and im like "you can MAKE it a big blocky chunk if you want! thats the fun! god drat you!"

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

copy posted:

im so loving stoked i cannot believe it. had some friends who'd never played AC before talking about the new game play trailer and they were like "i dont like how pointy the robot looks" and im like "you can MAKE it a big blocky chunk if you want! thats the fun! god drat you!"

lol grabbing your friend by the shirt: listen here you son of a bitch, the only thing that distinguishes you from this mud puddle I'm about to drop you in is your ability to pilot you own custom AC built from hundreds of unique parts, we're talking millions of combinations all of which affect your looks but more importantly your playstyle and ability to overcome the odds in this all-new high octane experience set in an industrialized corporate dystopia. Now clean yourself up, my grandpa wants to know how many people want hot links or regular hot dogs. So what's it gonna be?

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

lol grabbing your friend by the shirt: listen here you son of a bitch, the only thing that distinguishes you from this mud puddle I'm about to drop you in is your ability to pilot you own custom AC built from hundreds of unique parts, we're talking millions of combinations all of which affect your looks but more importantly your playstyle and ability to overcome the odds in this all-new high octane experience set in an industrialized corporate dystopia. Now clean yourself up, my grandpa wants to know how many people want hot links or regular hot dogs. So what's it gonna be?

lmfao

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

lol

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

Leadthumb posted:

lol

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch
armored core is ftw the crab legs are coolest and so are tank legs

from software should make a new chromehounds game without the meta campaign and just let people fight for the leftovers of the other mech it would be cool

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
armored core is going to be armored sick

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Boba Pearl posted:

armored core is going to be armored sick

What?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
think im going to be sick now too

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

Don't get armored sore

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I hope this poo poo sells like gangbusters and I can play through the next 2 or 3 games on the same save file/as the same character, just like the first few games.

A man can hope.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
im playing the old games theyre so hard. and mean 2 the player

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
in armored core 2 another age i was feeling pretty good about my mech but im trying 3 now and im having such a hard time getting enough money to get anything decent 😭 the last several missions that i won, my reward was a net negative because my bill for ammunition was bigger than the payout

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ac3 is so hard lol, might be the hardest one ive played (1, 3, 4 answer)

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Fungah! posted:

ac3 is so hard lol, might be the hardest one ive played (1, 3, 4 answer)

that's the one I had as a kid and I love designing mechs and was utterly destroyed when actually playing

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCes5tgDbhA

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Im in the B-league in the Arena in Armored Core 3 now. And my mech has quad legs.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Skylark posted:

Im in the B-league in the Arena in Armored Core 3 now. And my mech has quad legs.

quad legs ftw. decent jumping and carry weight and also letting you fire deployed shoulder weapons while moving is strong as hell

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

copy posted:

quad legs ftw. decent jumping and carry weight and also letting you fire deployed shoulder weapons while moving is strong as hell

this

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
screenshots i took of rival mechs in the Arena whose bios/emblems/mechs i liked, in beautiful 2k resolution on my Xbox. DETEST HUMANKIND

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

:(

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
My friends visiting me in my mech: Wait a second my anxiety feels rly low in here. Did you get a new Rose Quartz, or perhaps more Labradorite?
Me: Actually I just recently swapped the bipedals for quad legs. The arrangements of crystals displayed on my shelves is unchanged

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Skylark posted:

My friends visiting me in my mech: Wait a second my anxiety feels rly low in here. Did you get a new Rose Quartz, or perhaps more Labradorite?
Me: Actually I just recently swapped the bipedals for quad legs. The arrangements of crystals displayed on my shelves is unchanged

lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Skylark posted:

Lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Skylark posted:

lmao

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Skylark posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Skylark posted:

lmfao