Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I’m hyped, I’ve never played an Armored Core before but I downloaded 3 on Fungah!’s recommendation and just yesterday nabbed a copy of 4 Answer for like half the price it usually goes for on eBay and am looking forward to giving them a try between the end of the Summer of Zelda and the release of 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I started Armored Core For Answer last night so I can play at least one AC before 6 launches. The controls are pretty awkward (at least by modern standards, maybe it wouldnt have been an issue if I’d played it back in 2008) but I think I’ll be able to hang once I get the muscle memory down, especially the stick controls. It’s got me that much more excited for 6 which looks a lot smoother.

Once you get past that though the gameplay is a lot of fun, I love how fast the mechs are as you skate across the ground, the verticality and destructible environments are extremely cool, especially when they interact and you have to quickly boost away from a collapsing overpass the enemy just shot out from underneath you or something like that. And that’s before even getting into the customization, I’m early enough that I’ve only really got a few weapon options and no body parts. It’s got me really excited to play more, but also to see From’s modern take on it.

I had really enjoyed Daemon X Machina when I played it on Switch a few years back but didn’t realize how much it owed to this series, it’s cool seeing the originator of this style.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Also the first enemy you face in the arena is the Killdozer:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

The shattered ashes tell our stories...

Raven is approaching Cygnus! Dingo is the hangar!

Time comes for all wolves who prowl....

Orbital platform weapons hot. Verify!

*explosioun sound*

Now youve seen.. a foul killer's wings.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Boosting behind an enemy and nailing them with a point-blank charge linear rifle shot for an instant kill is such an insanely cool feeling every single time you do it.