Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

deoju posted:

Take this historical voting literacy test yourself and see how you do!
https://sharetngov.tnsosfiles.com/tsla/exhibits/aale/pdfs/Voter%20Test%20LA.pdf

I am partially college educated, and I have some problems with the questions in this test

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I vote for which ever babe has the biggest tiddies

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Nooner posted:

I vote for which ever babe has the biggest tiddies

Chris Christie is your man!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I am partially college educated, and I have some problems with the questions in this test

The entire point is the questions are either difficult or ambiguous enough that the person grading the exam can fail whoever they like.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Maybe not an IQ test so to speak, but it would probably be beneficial to at least have a basic cognitive test that confirms people don't believe in idiotic fake things such as god

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Sophy Wackles posted:

The entire point is the questions are either difficult or ambiguous enough that the person grading the exam can fail whoever they like.

I know buddy, I said I was partially college educated

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Sophy Wackles posted:

Voting should be outlawed and politicians chosen by random lottery.

didn't some town or county in switzerland try demarchy at some point? I have no idea how it turned out or if it was even switzerland.

zone
Dec 6, 2016
What's the use? just outlaw gerrymandering, introduce ranked choice voting, redraw voting districts, make election day/week a national holiday, and permit vote by mail. That's enough to solve the problems in american democracy.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

zone posted:

What's the use? just outlaw gerrymandering, introduce ranked choice voting, redraw voting districts, make election day/week a national holiday, and permit vote by mail. That's enough to solve the problems in american democracy.

sir this is a wendys

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
No, but I do think that an argument could be made for taking the right to vote away from retired people.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
voting is pointless, OP

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

There should be an IQ test before you can vote OP. But it should bar people with a high IQ from voting. People with a high IQ got no street smarts and don't know what the country needs.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
anyone who has taken an IQ test should be barred from voting

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I think you really don't want this

Tests of physical prowess should also be used to determine which candidates are eligible for which positions.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
Do you really want some pencil neck nerd running this country? Our leader should be yoked af ready to tackle modern American challenges.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

trying to get my IQ into double digets :(

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
what score do they need to be below to be eligible ? im probably pre sertified

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Valko posted:

Okay, serious answer.

I knew a very intelligent guy a few years back. He was my tutor for CCNA. Those were just nightclasses, he taught other things during the day - university level stuff. Obviously not stupid but he was completely focused on I.T. and STEM subjects. He was telling us about some new protocol being developed in Korea for mobile phones. He couldn't tell us if it was North or South Korea. I had to tell him that owning a mobile phone in the north would probably get you sent to a gulag.

Like I said, an IQ test is not a political knowledge test.

lmao that you think that a guy who teaches people how to use a router is a paragon of intelligence

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Private Cumshoe posted:

anyone who has taken an IQ test should be barred from voting

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I vote for whover has the funniest name and if no one has a funny name I write one in

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Title typos say it all

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Valko posted:

Okay, serious answer.

Tutor for CCNA

Lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Voting eligibility should be determined by which voters have the best feet. Foot quality will be determined by stomping on my balls, after which I will grade on a scale from A to F.

Oh yeah and some of em can vote after

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

there should be an iq test to get into something awful and only the double digits will be allowed in... it will be our time to shine

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

if you choose to post in gbs you are in the top 10% of forums minds easy

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

only gbs posters should get the vote

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
No, everyone should be able to vote. That’s the whole idea. If you start discriminating people for reasons, the concept is ruined.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Kids can't vote and they can't vote because they're too stupid to make good decisions.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Von Pluring posted:

No, everyone should be able to vote. That’s the whole idea. If you start discriminating people for reasons, the concept is ruined.

I would want to see their rap sheet first

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

Von Pluring posted:

gently caress democracy and gently caress you.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
No. People who piss me off should be executed, though.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It should be decided by a free for all battle to the death between all candidates. Melee only, no guns, no disintegrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Color me fuckin shocked

:love:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Funky See Funky Do posted:

you can't have an IQ less than -200 dumbass

tell me you've never read the Bitcoin Talk forums without telling me you've never read the Bitcoin Talk forums

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
also, don't sign your posts

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Democracy means Antivax Cletus and "Jesus in the classroom" Joanne get as much of a voice as you, possibly more.

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

I agree, there ought to be SOMETHING to weed out who is allowed to vote. Maybe not necessarily an IQ test, though. Maybe something as simple as a reading test. Or perhaps only people who own land should be allowed to vote, since landowners would actually have a vested interest in how things are run. If that's not acceptable then maybe let everyone vote but if you don't own land or can't read then your vote doesn't carry as much weight as a landowners vote. Say, a non-reader or non-landowners vote would only count for like 3/5ths of a regular vote. That seems fair.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
i would unironically enjoy seeing the southern states secede and watching their new country turn into a complete loving hellhole. it wouldn't change anything as being poor, angry, and misguided seems to be their modus operandi, but it sure would make the rest of the USA more tolerable.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

praxis posted:

I agree, there ought to be SOMETHING to weed out who is allowed to vote. Maybe not necessarily an IQ test, though. Maybe something as simple as a reading test. Or perhaps only people who own land should be allowed to vote, since landowners would actually have a vested interest in how things are run. If that's not acceptable then maybe let everyone vote but if you don't own land or can't read then your vote doesn't carry as much weight as a landowners vote. Say, a non-reader or non-landowners vote would only count for like 3/5ths of a regular vote. That seems fair.

Huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

i would unironically enjoy seeing the southern states secede and watching their new country turn into a complete loving hellhole. it wouldn't change anything as being poor, angry, and misguided seems to be their modus operandi, but it sure would make the rest of the USA more tolerable.

Brexit worked out pretty splendidly for the rest of Europe