Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Yeah, genre megathreads are definitely important for discussion of older movies and more general genre discussion, but we should absolutely encourage more posting in individual new releases threads. Also, maybe this is because I'm more steeped in Discord Server Culture than Forum Culture, but I think that being overly restrictive with off-topic discussion usually doesn't have a great outcome. (Imagine the fallout when the inevitable Tarantino TV show comes out!) I don't watch a lot of major franchise stuff so I have no opinion on the franchise megathreads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
I feel like independent film is also pretty under-represented from what I've seen (even more-so if it's not coming from A24)