Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Mordiceius posted:

I'm not a frequent poster in too many threads, usually just spending my time lurking all over the place. The thing that always confused me about the Snyder thread is that I don't see threads for other directors around here. That's not to say we shouldn't have a Snyder thread. I'm just curious why we see a Snyder thread but not a Cameron thread or Richie thread or Spielberg thread etc etc etc. Snyder is not necessarily more prolific than other directors. IDK. It just confuses me.

I say this as a Snyder fan. Snyder discussion was occasionally taking over other threads, and starting annoying slaps fights, so a thread was created for Snyder fans to talk about Snyder where they wouldn't pollute other threads. I've seen multiple mods say, "Take it to the Dome" when Snyder comes up.

That doesn't mean it should be that way. But that's how I remember it going down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Pillowpants posted:

I think this is a terrible idea. The CBM thread is where I go for general news about the comic book world that isnt just a rumor on some website. Likewise, I go to the horror and action movie threads genre specific recommendations.

I love the what’s streaming and the green lit megathreads too - but I prefer if they were just general news thread about what was coming out soon on streaming - there’s so many garbage websites that try to do this and I trust goonworld the most.

I used to prefer individual threads when I was younger but as a lot of us got older and had kids we have to limit our time and megathreads help with that.

Please don’t make me go to GBS.

If you need help or anything I’d be willing to help.

I agree with this post. I like the Megathreads, even when I hate them. And what, we have a shortage on threads or something? If a thread is active, I think there's a reason to keep it around. People are getting use and value out of it.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

So to people who don't use bookmarks, do you usually stay in the same subforum? Do you go to one subforum, see what threads have new posts, and then go to another subforum, repeat, and on and on? Going back a page or two sometimes if some threads fell back? Are you usually just looking for new threads?

Seems like madness when bookmarks organize things so easily for you in one place. Unless you're regularly looking for new threads.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 3, 2023