Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
This is how, you remind me
of what tubgirl looks like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
What happens when you guys take hallucinogens?

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Now that's a good thread idea

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Terminal autist posted:

I got CEVs just fine doing shrooms last weekend so they must be more like dreams than mind’s eyes

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Terminal autist posted:

the normal visual alteration stuff. no mind's eye opening or anything. although back then i wasn't really aware i was missing something so it wasn't really something i'd have thought to try.

Maed posted:

I got CEVs just fine doing shrooms last weekend so they must be more like dreams than mind’s eyes

yeah. time to find a psychonaut to see if they can go from cev to trying to get voluntary control to curing their blindspot

edit: guess it's been done? "Enhanced visual imagery after ayahuasca intake in a man with “blind imagination” (aphantasia)" https://akjournals.com/view/journals/2054/2/2/article-p74.xml. not quite sure why it's in one of the journals published by the hungarian academy of sciences when none of the authors seem to have an affiliation. little weird. but hey

Cuttlefush has issued a correction as of 15:07 on May 3, 2023

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Cuttlefush posted:

those are all good drawings

Yeah I don't think that's in any way indicative of what a person "sees"- like I could picture the Mona Lisa in my mind's eye, I'm literally just remembering a static image that has been consistent throughout my lifetime but I wouldn't be able to reproduce it.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Terminal autist posted:

i'm pretty much completely aphantasic. it's hard to articulate the experience of imagination, but when i try to imagine things, we're talking something like perceiving shapes without a visual component. more like smell or touch than sight. it's been many years, but i never experienced any visual hallucinations with hallucinogens.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Futanari Damacy posted:

Yeah I don't think that's in any way indicative of what a person "sees"- like I could picture the Mona Lisa in my mind's eye, I'm literally just remembering a static image that has been consistent throughout my lifetime but I wouldn't be able to reproduce it.

yeah that was my point. people were confused about how someone could remember what things looked like etc if they had aphantasia

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Terminal autist posted:

100% good poo poo. no visuals though.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
Actually.

No visuals from shrooms, lsd, 500mg thc edible, mescaline, or dmt

Mild visuals from ayahuasca though, hung out w/ cosmic fractal serpents for about a dozen hours.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

ram dass in hell posted:

Actually.

No visuals from shrooms, lsd, 500mg thc edible, mescaline, or dmt

Mild visuals from ayahuasca though, hung out w/ cosmic fractal serpents for about a dozen hours.

those were probably real

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
ive got extremely vivid dreams but have never been able to do any kind of visualization

only learned about aphantasia being a thing in the last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
I'm an idiot

e: I mean, I can visualize pretty well, I'm just also stupid