Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sure i'll take a little fast guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

justin needs WEAPONS

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dammit Chicago keeps taking players I wanted the Packers to take

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Uhhhhhhh.

I guess I'll just say good luck.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1652364749684846601?t=rIgguVPmZTl4Tfc3JkARgA&s=19

???

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Low key diss to Mayo boy

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

MJeff posted:

Uhhhhhhh.

I guess I'll just say good luck.
It's a very small price for a guy who the Eagles could survive without right now. Maybe it'll work, it very well might not, but it's not the worst gamble

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Low key diss to Mayo boy

also lmao Stetson not causing issues

he'll be poo poo talking stafford and trying to get coaches on his side the second he gets to the facility.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Low key diss to Mayo boy

I assumed this is a Baker diss

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol aidan o'connell, i'm shocked he is not coming back as a 9th year senior at purdue

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

lol aidan o'connell, i'm shocked he is not coming back as a 9th year senior at purdue

he's currently hiding in the boiler of the little train and hoping nobody drafts him

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

actionjackson posted:

as a not NFL follower, I was wondering why he was taking forever to be drafted when he one back to back titles. i didn't realize he was 25

but he won back to back titles, how could he be terrible?

Yeah Stetson definitely dragged those no talent UGA teams to the championship both years

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

boy i wish DTR got drafted by a more likeable team

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Woozie66 posted:

Lord help me, I want the Browns to draft DTR in the fifth

I DID THIS

Alaois posted:

boy i wish DTR got drafted by a more likeable team

when he displaces the bad guy, we can all root for him as an individual

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

"clayton tune" is not a real name a person has

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah Stetson definitely dragged those no talent UGA teams to the championship both years

i'm just trying to understand the difference in QBs on super strong teams that were drafted really high vs. those who were not

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

actionjackson posted:

i'm just trying to understand the difference in QBs on super strong teams that were drafted really high vs. those who were not

the difference between what you need physically and mentally to succeed as a quarterback in the nfl vs. in college is almost a different sport

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

the difference between what you need physically and mentally to succeed as a quarterback in the nfl vs. in college is almost a different sport

ah ok, sorry i'm not a regular football follower but that makes sense

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a lot of great qbs play qb in college, but you can also be someone who could never make it in the nfl and succeed at qb in college if the system and players are good enough. one part of it is that a team can be so much better than 95% of the other teams, which stetson's team was, and that can't happen when all the players in the league are the elite players from college. i am too uninformed to explain further but that sort of scratches the surface

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

did they say "lesbian wasteland"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Stetson is accurate but 5'11, 25 and has a weakish arm. That's why

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

actionjackson posted:

ah ok, sorry i'm not a regular football follower but that makes sense

no worries, the fact is it is a crapshoot and NFL teams talk themselves into weird poo poo all of the time with quarterbacks. with some exceptions, it is almost impossible to tell if a player will be a good NFL QB or not and the bust rate is insane.

Bennett is a small guy with no outstanding traits who was on a loaded team and those guys usually don't do well in the NFL, but who knows. Last year, Brock Purdy was incredibly successful in SF despite coming out of nowhere and SURE THING big, strong quarterbacks with howitzer arms bust all the time.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

actionjackson posted:

Stetson is a game manager at best. He’s not gonna be the guy that wins a game for you. It’s not like UGA won in spite of him but all they really needed back there was a guy that wasn’t gonna blow the game doing something stupid. Even then those teams had enough talent that they would have recovered if he did.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

CAM MITCHELL IS OFF THE BOARD

WILD CATS BITCH

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

browns are loading up on northwestern DBs

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I’m away from home but I keep reading that the Saints drafted a Drew Brees clone and a big beefy guard.

If so, cool.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

like this year Tyson Bagent is clearly the 4th best QB in the class and he might go undrafted

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

like this year Tyson Bagent is clearly the 4th best QB in the class and he might go undrafted

secret bagent

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Stetson absolutely made a ton of huge throws/plays when UGA had to have them, specifically the kind that Stafford never did. He has a "weak" arm but his deep ball is pretty good. He's a colossal rear end in a top hat who doesn't tip and gets in bar fights.

Yeah his teams were stacked but Joey is talking about him like he's Ken Dorsey or something.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CLAYTON TUNE is the best name i've heard all draft

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

kidcoelacanth posted:

CLAYTON TUNE is the best name i've heard all draft

sounds like an AM DJ

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Alaois posted:

did they say "lesbian wasteland"

"Booba O'Riley"

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Stetson Bennett will hold a clipboard for about three years and become a coach somewhere at some level.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Praying for AT Perry or Hutchison, I guess

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

Stetson absolutely made a ton of huge throws/plays when UGA had to have them, specifically the kind that Stafford never did. He has a "weak" arm but his deep ball is pretty good. He's a colossal rear end in a top hat who doesn't tip and gets in bar fights.

Yeah his teams were stacked but Joey is talking about him like he's Ken Dorsey or something.

Georgia has had like 20 first round picks in the past three years. Stetson needed to be able to throw 2 TDs a game and not turn the ball over to win and he did that.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Stetson Bennett will hold a clipboard for about three years and become a coach somewhere at some level.

McVay forced to start drafting his future offensive coordinators

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

R.D. Mangles posted:

how does a person from germany become a fan of the carolina panthers

Alcoholism same as all bear fans are created

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

R.D. Mangles posted:

Hashes being tighter and the athletes on defense being much better changes the NFL passing game significantly. There is a physical skill floor for a QBs arm, otherwise certain throws are just too risky for a noodle arm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Sean Clifford has been claimed