Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
It took some doing, but I've gotten my list of potential super bowl champs down to 32 entries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nervous posted:

It took some doing, but I've gotten my list of potential super bowl champs down to 32 entries.
Disgusting if true. Deshaun Watson isnt allowed nice things.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

the broncos will be gritty and we'll all fall in love with wilson again..or else things will get dangerous

Hello sir, I think you meant Dangruss.

Dang russ works too.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Russell Wilson was so bad they closed the Subway by my house.

Which led to the sports bar next door closing to renovate and take over the space. Leaving me without a lovely sandwiches or bar food. He’s russtroying the economy!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

No Butt Stuff posted:

Which led to the sports bar next door closing to renovate and take over the space. Leaving me without a lovely sandwiches or bar food. He’s russtroying the economy!

DANGER-RUSS to the local economy.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

What type of spice infused madman puts cracked pepper and banana peppers on the same sub sandwich

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Some brave Subway marketing intern needs to leak the rest of the DangerRuss campaign videos.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

No Butt Stuff posted:

The Great Deprussion

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it used to be called pete's subs. kind of interesting like if it was pete carroll's subs and he sabotaged russell wilson. do you want to know something? well there it was earlier

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Chargers chargers Chargers chargers chargers chargers Chargers chargers.

They lose the game in overtime.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

sweet thursday posted:

The most grammatically perfect sentence in football.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

sweet thursday posted:

I’m assuming this is against buffalo in the wild card

Who then loses to the chiefs/bengals in the divisional

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Pontius Pilate posted:

I’m assuming this is against buffalo in the wild card

Who then loses to the chiefs/bengals in the divisional
Hey, our regularly-scheduled heartbreaking playoff loss could come in the Championship game instead! :smith:

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Introducing your superbowl champions, the Detroit Football Lions.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Bengos, Ravens, Steelers all make the post season except the Browns. Stefanski is fired. Watson is benched at some point. Comedy ensues.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

The vikings are going to be Les Steckel bad this year. Like 2-15 bad. Fold like high thread count sheets. Every close game they won last year will be cosmically extracted from them this year. Justin Jefferson will demand and receive a trade in week 6, kicking off a reverse Hershel walker deal. They will still not win a super bowl this decade.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I previously thought the Patriots would be ok.

Now I think they will be bad.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Jets 14-3, Super Bowl champions

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

jets r losing to the chiefs in the afc championship game

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
The Pats will not be last in the division and the AFCE will turn into a meatgrinder

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
My totally accurate and realistic season predictions:

AFC East:
Bills 11-6 - #3 Seed
Jets 10-7 - #7 Seed
Patriots 9-8
Dolphins 8-9

Bills aren't as dominant as they looked last year, but they still win the division. Jets make the playoffs but also don't match expectations. Patriots offense isn't a dumpster fire, barely miss the playoffs and Belichick continues to claw towards Shula's record. Dolphins are undone by Tua missing 5~ games, but not all due to concussions.

AFC North:

Bengals 11-6 - #2 Seed
Steelers 10-7 - #6 Seed
Ravens 8-9
Browns 8-9

Bengals & Burrow remain good, but drop a few in the division. Steelers improve on last year cause Tomlin is a good coach. Lamar gets COVID and misses another 3 games, while the Ravens old guys again falter as Kawalimus is arrested for attempting to kidnap John Harbaugh shortly after Thanksgiving. gently caress Watson, but Chubb and Garrett steal the Browns some wins.

AFC South:

Jaguars 10-7 - #4 Seed
Texans 7-10
Colts 7-10
Titans 6-11

Jags continue the hot streak from the back half of last season, Calvin Ridley looks good. Texans are more competitive than 7-10 indicates, but still need improvement across the board. Colts start slow, Richardson improves in the back half, but they go 1-5 in the division to torpedo their season. Titans have QB issues and Henry starts to age outside of still ripping off at least one huge game against Houston.

AFC West:

Chiefs 12-5 - #1 Seed
Chargers 10-7 - #5 Seed
Broncos 9-8
Raiders 5-12

Kansas City is the best because Mahomes until demonstrably proven otherwise, they cruise early. Chargers back into the playoffs by winning the last game of the season when the Chiefs rest their starters. Denver improves but Russ still isn't great. Raiders fart about under McDaniels but pull a few upsets over the Jets and Chargers.

NFC East:

Eagles 12-5 - #1 Seed
Giants 11-6 - #5 Seed
Cowboys 10-7 - #6 Seed
Commanders 6-11

Eagles talent keeps them as the top seed, but they're less dominant and cracks appear even as they go 5-1 in the division. Giants offense takes a big step up with more weapons and year 2 under Daboll, but a 1-3 finish to the season costs them the division. McCarthy's playcalling doesn't help the Cowboys and Dak misses 3 games. Washington has flashes but inconsistent QB play sinks them and they go 0-6 against the division.

NFC North:

Lions 11-6 - #2 Seed
Vikings 9-8
Packers 7-10
Bears 5-12

Lions :bandwagon: lets go, they compete for the top seed most of the season. Vikings fall back to earth in close games and go 2-4 in the division. Packers are better than their record indicates, Love is solid but not spectacular, and viewed as a dark horse team going into 2024. Bears go 0-4 down the stretch to finish with a wet fart.

NFC South:

Panthers 9-8 - #4 Seed
Saints 8-9
Falcons 6-11
Buccaneers 4-13

Panthers have a good staff and made good moves, they win the division even with Bryce Young not exactly lighting things up (Andy Dalton will go 2-1 as a starter near mid season). Saints offense improves with Carr, but the defense gets worse so they still have a losing record. Falcons start 3-7 and can't dig themselves out of the hole, Arthur Smith ends the season spicy hot. Bucs start the season 0-4, rebound a bit after their bye week, but then finish 0-5 by which time they're on their 4th QB of the season due to injuries and poor play and the staff is cleaning out their offices.

NFC West:

49ers 11-6 - #3 Seed
Seahawks 10-7 - #7 Seed
Rams 9-8
Cardinals 3-14

49ers system continues to roll along, although Purdy is a bit shakier at times. Seahawks win more games, but Geno Smith isn't quite as good as last year, they still win their last 3 to get the last playoff spot. Rams start 0-3 but improve from there as long as everybody doesn't turn to dust again. Cardinals are in full tank mode, Kyler returns, looks okay for like 3 weeks, then gets hurt and goes back on IR a week after Call of Duty is released.

Playoffs:

Wildcard:

Chargers over Jaguars - Revenge for last season and Herbie gets a playoff win.
Bills over Steelers - Bills still good, Steelers young but falter in a close game in the end.
Bengals over Jets - Bengals rested starters in the last game, Jets couldn't and by this time, Rodgers is disgruntled with the media again.

Giants over Panthers - Danny Dimes dominates while the Panthers stumble.
49ers over Cowboys - Mike McCarthy calls a horrible trick play that fails in the 4th (Let's say... a Dak surprise quick punt on a 3rd down that nets 21 yards), which leads to the game winning TD for the 49ers. gently caress the Cowboys.
Lions over Seahawks - Lions win their first playoff game since 1991, kneecaps in Detriot are ruined.

Divisional:

Bengals over Bills - Repeat of last year, only in Cincinnati instead of Buffalo.
Chiefs over Chargers - Mahomes and Reid demolish the Chargers, who felt a false sense of security after beating Blaine Gabbert in the last week of the regular season.
Lions over 49ers - Playoff game of the year, Lions are the underdog but win 37-34 on a Goff TD to Amon-Ra St. Brown with seconds left.
Giants over Eagles - Giants pull a huge upset and catch the Eagles by surprise, having learned from last year. Afterwards, it's learned Jalen Hurts had a knee injury.

Conference:

Chiefs over Bengals - 3rd year in a row for this match up, same result as last year, only without the same drama of Mahomes limping around as much.
Giants over Lions - Lions finally fall apart with Jared Goof reappearing at the worst time, Giants win convincingly.

Super Bowl LVIII:

Giants 38, Chiefs 35 - Danny Dimes MVP, a quarter of TFF completely loses their poo poo, while somewhere, Eli Manning smiles and nods.

I will not be taking questions at this time.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

AFC Seeds
1. Chiefs
2. Jaguars
3. Ravens
4. Jets
5. Bills
6. Bengals
7. Dolphins

Jags have a cake schedule so if we see reasonable progression from Lawrence they can sneak into the 2 seed. I think Lamar is also in for a big year but the AFC East and North are meat grinders.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Ok so all Colts fans are on some sort of dust

Also can someone explain why the Colts fans hate the Cowboys so much? It's so weird

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

BrownThunder posted:

Ok so all Colts fans are on some sort of dust

Also can someone explain why the Colts fans hate the Cowboys so much? It's so weird

Cowboys ride on horsies

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

BrownThunder posted:

For the same reason anyone hates the Cowboys. They're decent, respectable human beings.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/peter_king/status/1698550872387522799?s=20
AFC seeds
1. Jacksonville (13-4). Jags were a respectable 12th in the league in points allowed last year. They can’t be any lower than that if they’re going to be competitive with the best of the AFC.
2. Kansas City (13-4). The Chris Jones holdout worries me a bit. Still expect it to get solved, but if he misses half the season, or some big chunk, well, there’s not a Chris Jones on the practice squad to take his place.
3. New York Jets (11-6). Impossible division to forecast. But the last six games for the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets swayed me a bit: Atlanta and Houston home, at Miami, Washington home, at Cleveland, at New England. Surviveable.
4. Cincinnati (11-6). In Burrow I trust. Toughest division to forecast 1 through 4.
5. Buffalo (11-6). Stefon Diggs’ psyche is a factor. Big key could be Von Miller being eased back in to face Burrow, Rodgers, Hurts, Mahomes, Prescott and Herbert in second half. (Lord, who invented that seven-game death march?)
6. Baltimore (10-7). The Todd Monken offense, playing faster, should fit Lamar Jackson well—as should first-round receiver Zay Flowers.
7. Pittsburgh (9-8). You know how tough it is to keep Tua Tagovailoa and Justin Herbert out of the playoffs? Kenny Pickett’s a top-12 QB by December.
Pittsburgh wins tiebreaker with Miami (9-8) and the L.A. Chargers (9-8) to earn seventh seed.
Wild card: Kansas City over Pittsburgh, N.Y. Jets over Baltimore, Buffalo over Cincinnati.
Divisional: Kansas City over N.Y. Jets, Buffalo over Jacksonville.
AFC Championship at Kansas City: Buffalo 27, Kansas City 25.

NFC seeds
1. San Francisco (13-4). Adversity’s Team. This just in: The Niners are still very good at football. (Proviso: They have to sign Nick Bosa in the next few days.)
2. Philadelphia (12-5). Best roster in football, 1 to 53. That matters a lot in a 17-game season.
3. Detroit (10-7). I buy the hype.
4. Atlanta (9-8). Every year, there’s a last-to-first division winner. This year, Falcons edge their good friends the Saints in the NFC South.
5. Dallas (11-6). Feels like a huge year for the future of Dak Prescott, and maybe Mike McCarthy.
6. Seattle (10-7). I worry about the run defense (allowed 4.9 yard per rush last year), but not about Geno Smith. He’ll have his second straight legit year, and Jaxon Smith-Njigba will be a great add.
7. Green Bay (10-7). Dart-throwing. They edge the 9-8 Giants on the basis of Jordan Love playing B-minus football and an ascending D.

Wild card: Philadelphia over Green Bay, Detroit over Seattle, Dallas over Atlanta.
Divisional: Dallas over San Francisco, Philadelphia over Detroit.
NFC Championship at Philadelphia: Philadelphia 23, Dallas 16.
--
Super Bowl 58, at Las Vegas, Feb. 11, 2024: Philadelphia 30, Buffalo 26.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
do you have any idea how much incredible content we'd get out of the eagles beating the cowboys in philadelphia to win the NFCCG

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I predict that Minnesota will be a lot better than people expect because of a turnaround on defense. Then they will fall apart in the playoffs as Brian Flores gets hired for a head coaching job mid week before the game.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Toaster Beef posted:

do you have any idea how much incredible content we'd get out of the eagles beating the cowboys in philadelphia to win the NFCCG

It would be great but I would feel even better if the cowboys didn't even make the playoffs

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Toaster Beef posted:

We wouldn't like it as much but we'd get some damned content out of it going the other direction too.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

MaximilianK posted:

It would be great but I would feel even better if the cowboys didn't even make the playoffs

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
My playoff teams:

1. Jacksonville
2. Kansas City
3. Baltimore
4. Miami
5. Buffalo
6. Los Angeles
7. Cincinnati

1. Philadelphia
2. San Francisco
3. Minnesota
4. New Orleans
5. Dallas
6. Detroit
7. Seattle

Kansas City over Cincinnati
Los Angeles over Baltimore
Miami over Buffalo

Los Angeles over Jacksonville
Kansas City over Miami

Kansas City over Los Angeles

San Francisco over Seattle
Detroit over Minnesota
New Orleans over Dallas

Philadelphia over Detroit
Detroit over San Francisco

Detroit over Philadelphia

Kansas City over Detroit

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I may be a homer but jacksonvilles defense was already not great, and they didn’t improve at all IMO. All the love for them and people picking them to be the one seed is mindboggling

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I may be a homer but jacksonvilles defense was already not great, and they didn’t improve at all IMO. All the love for them and people picking them to be the one seed is mindboggling

It really has nothing to do with their roster strength in relation to the rest of the AFC. They’re pretty good. They’re just in the easiest division playing the easiest division in the opposite conference.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Bismack Billabongo posted:

They have ten games vs the AFC and NFC South

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

a neat cape posted:

My playoff teams:

1. Jacksonville
2. Kansas City
3. Baltimore
4. Miami
5. Buffalo
6. Los Angeles
7. Cincinnati

1. Philadelphia
2. San Francisco
3. Minnesota
4. New Orleans
5. Dallas
6. Detroit
7. Seattle

Miami over Buffalo

Kansas City over Miami

Detroit over Minnesota
New Orleans over Dallas

Kansas City over Detroit

Your afc guess is exactly the same teams as last year?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

DeimosRising posted:

Your afc guess is exactly the same teams as last year?

Yeah?

Sorry, is there a rule I have to pick different teams?

a neat cape fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Sep 5, 2023

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

a neat cape posted:

Yeah?

Sorry, is there a rule I have to pick different teams?

No, it just essentially never happens. I can't actually find any case of it EVER happening though I just eyeballed back to 2000 and could have missed one

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

NFC championship game is niners eagles again.

Cardinals finish bottom three but Texans make it out of the bottom ten.

Seahawks finish around .500.

Chiefs win Super Bowl.

Russ Wilson looks serviceable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

a neat cape posted:

My playoff teams:

1. Jacksonville
2. Kansas City
3. Baltimore
4. Miami
5. Buffalo
6. Los Angeles
7. Cincinnati

1. Philadelphia
2. San Francisco
3. Minnesota
4. New Orleans
5. Dallas
6. Detroit
7. Seattle

Miami over Buffalo

Kansas City over Miami

Detroit over Minnesota
New Orleans over Dallas

Kansas City over Detroit

Seeing someone who's not a delusional Lions fan predicting Detroit to win the NFC is a surreal thing.