Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Wait, isn't the first round still going, too?

Yeah. But the second round has started.

Matchups:

West:
The top seed Nuggets helmed by the multi-time MVP, Jokic vs the new look four-seed Suns featuring Kevin Durant and Devin Booker.
The (to be determined) vs the revamped seven-seed Lakers featuring LeBron James and Anthony Davis

East:
In the top backet, somehow, we have the eight seed miracle Miami Heat lead by Jimmy Butler vs the gritty fifth seed New York Knicks lead by Jalen Brunson and Julius Randle.
The big matchup is the two-seed high-expectation Celtics with Jason Tatum and Jaylen Brown vs the dramatic 76ers featuring the Rootbeer Barrel James Harden and possibly Joel Embiid if his knee allows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

slim rejections

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Booker that’s a bit selfish

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

yeah kd is defending the paint from jokic maybe save the foul eraser for him

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Go Nuggets

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Parents don't realize that their brains change and that people that don't have kids won't find a commercial about a binky funny or appealing at all.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Making it my thing to bitch about there not just being one endless gdt for the entire season including playoffs. RIP my bookmarks

Go Nuggets

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Porter is fairly decent imo

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

de curry GOAT posted:

Porter is fairly decent imo

Yeah for the pick'em bonus question, I think Porter Jr. is a little underrepresented because there's a healthy assumption that Jamal Murray is going to make the majority of Denver's three-pointers, but if the Suns defense actually covers the guards, isn't there a good chance that the ball gets to Porter? He could have some career-defining games, he's the right age for it.

And it looks like he'll be the on-ball guy during the minutes Jokic rests.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Reposting my thots here that all nuggets fans own ford dealerships, jomic makes ayton look like charles oakley, and i wish for serbia's most evil son to be smushed to bits

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

They can’t miss :wth:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The Suns flew to close to the Sun, by going to Denver.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Jokic is 4-13 and the Nuggets are up 13

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Denver is the only city where knowing that mountains exist can be your personality

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
nuggets are a good team

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Booker just chucking. Not great

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Algund Eenboom posted:

Denver is the only city where knowing that mountains exist can be your personality

Those people exist but they are primarily transplants and most don't root for the Nuggets. Part of the reason the home crowd sucks

Also I'm gonna falcon punch you

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
nuggets :ssj:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
jokic must have a fuckin' broken wrist, stg

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

TDepressionEarl posted:

Yeah for the pick'em bonus question, I think Porter Jr. is a little underrepresented because there's a healthy assumption that Jamal Murray is going to make the majority of Denver's three-pointers, but if the Suns defense actually covers the guards, isn't there a good chance that the ball gets to Porter? He could have some career-defining games, he's the right age for it.

And it looks like he'll be the on-ball guy during the minutes Jokic rests.

My issue here is I think the suns have better wing defense than guard defense

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Metapod's pick for AG looking good!

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Kevin durunt

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Chris paul trying to flop on a wide open fast break layup

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Those kinds of blind-side steals are really satisfying to watch.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

How many times are you going to praise his “leadership” Grant

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Lol ayton barely contested that

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Chris Paul, wiley veteran, played bad last playoff series so he would have one of his 4 good playoff games a year to use this series.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Algund Eenboom posted:

I try to do it in Tucson but no one bites.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I wonder if the fact that my grandpa fell off a boat in basic training and could not go to Korea means I can get USAA?

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
This Ayton fellow sure does suck!

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

(Domin)Ayton has a critical lack of that dog

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Rick posted:

I try to do it in Tucson but no one bites.

In tucson they're just hills

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Im sorry for insulting tucson rick. As penance ill admit that until i was an adult i thought it was pronounced tuck-son

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

booker didn't catch on to kd's tempo

kd wanted booker to turbo charge downhill and left it on the floor for him

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Shamet is awful

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ugh this game sucks

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

but I'm dummy thicc

jamal murray using the full 24 to whiff and result kd in transition was a real buzzkill for the ball arena

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
if the Nuggets can buy just a few minutes without jokic, then this will be really tough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Not sure the Suns have enough stops, esp with Landale out there