Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

man we all loving realize it, but it aint about control it's about wringing what little enjoyment there is to be had out of this place. to bullshit around with your online friends for a bit and throw out a few joke probes to make them laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Wait is this for mod. Lmfao.

months ago they appointed IZ Mods, dude, lmfao. for real. look @chuck & whatever other guy is now Official Moderator of IZ

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

OOH don't worry, you can still be IK! Just.. well... make sure to run it by ____________ first!

Edit: Never mind, I get it now. Lmfao. Dude how long were you out.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its symbolic

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

months ago they appointed IZ Mods, dude, lmfao. for real. look @chuck & whatever other guy is now Official Moderator of IZ

There’s two mods now??? Lmfao drat. Maybe I was the one asleep.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

man we all loving realize it, but it aint about control it's about wringing what little enjoyment there is to be had out of this place. to bullshit around with your online friends for a bit and throw out a few joke probes to make them laugh.

imagine accepting a mod position for no reason. now imagine a guy defending that decision to you in real time

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

pussy

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

so IK Contests are less than DOG poo poo in this forum. and should be removed. since IZ IKs no longer server a purpose

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

listen to your mods.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

lol dude if you don't want to be here anymore just stop posting this is getting embarrassing

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Why weren’t you at town hall when they did it bro.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

lol dude if you don't want to be here anymore just stop posting this is getting embarrassing

yeah for sure lmfao. the "Now Listen to my Song" guy is alpha, absolutely. Everyone listen to this guy, right now.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

If Synthy said this poo poo in the thread a month ago half the people you think would be embarrassed for him would have lmfaod and empty quoted each post. It’s only embarrassing now that we live with it. Lmfao. Get real.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

If Synthy said this poo poo in the thread a month ago half the people you would would be embarrassed for him would have lmfaod and empty quoted each post. It’s only embarrassing now that we live with it. Lmfao. Get real.

this

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i still don't know who tf you are btw

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

there is literally no point to an imp zone IK contest now that we have Jeffrey sanctioned Moderators. Topic Locked.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i do find it weird we got two mods when asked for one tbh, were the admins just expecting one of them to immediately have some real dark poo poo come out and be removed by now?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

i do find it weird we got two mods when asked for one tbh, were the admins just expecting one of them to immediately have some real dark poo poo come out and be removed by now?

purple haired obese monstrosity: IDK BRO YOUR GETTIN WEIRD HERE LOL

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Two admins. 12 IKs. 16 posters.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

so IK Contests are less than DOG poo poo in this forum. and should be removed. since IZ IKs no longer server a purpose

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

congrats on selling your Culture out for a few blue stars, imp zone. glad i've created this space to post about gaming the last 10 years.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Two admins. 12 IKs. 16 posters.

living the dream tbh

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

i'm SUPER embarrassed by it btw, according to this guy who nobody knows, lmfao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Lmfao

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Didn't read beyond the OP and checking for not being a duplicate, going for E5

This sig under renovation

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

If Synthy said this poo poo in the thread a month ago half the people you think would be embarrassed for him would have lmfaod and empty quoted each post. It’s only embarrassing now that we live with it. Lmfao. Get real.

I’d have to agree. That said, I wouldn’t mind being ik for a minute, so I can restick the map game thread.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I’d have to agree. That said, I wouldn’t mind being ik for a minute, so I can restick the map game thread.

Same but to smoke lurkers who use this forum wrong.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Hours later but I don't think the mods have done, well, anything for imp zone, positive or negative. They're probably not necessary. But also, they didn't ruin the 'Culture'. FYAD has more mods and IKs and less people, and even without mods we'd still need to bug a 'jeffrey sanctioned' admin to get our IKs buttons.

I'm not arguing for or defending mods. I'm arguing that the IK contest would equally pointless if the mods were not here.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Getting the mods was sold with a like IZ mods were Company Lawyers lmfao in these turbulent times angle. That’s when you should have been embarrassed IMO, cuz if you asked me what the culture of this forum was when I decided I liked it is that it always seemed to be above the petty concerns of everything except gaming (amen), including stupid forums crap no one in their right mind should take seriously.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And Pragmatica handled it like butter every time. It’s something you do once a month. Come on.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
[gingerly stepping past whatever synthys doing] ill take D2 please

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

[gingerly stepping past whatever synthys doing] ill take D2 please

...This scene comes to mind, at the moment. Can't imagine why! :D

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Major Isoor posted:

...This scene comes to mind, at the moment. Can't imagine why! :D

lol

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Getting the mods was sold with a like IZ mods were Company Lawyers lmfao in these turbulent times angle. That’s when you should have been embarrassed IMO, cuz if you asked me what the culture of this forum was when I decided I liked it is that it always seemed to be above the petty concerns of everything except gaming (amen), including stupid forums crap no one in their right mind should take seriously.

Well said. I was curious if a mod would be helpful but I think it’s time to examine if this is what we really want. Feels like we gave something up just because Jeff and astral love to get freaky with the buttons

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i'm SUPER embarrassed by it btw, according to this guy who nobody knows, lmfao

I know him

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

Well said. I was curious if a mod would be helpful but I think it’s time to examine if this is what we really want. Feels like we gave something up just because Jeff and astral love to get freaky with the buttons

yeah

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

so do i

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Pretty sure everyone said when it happened that the mod thing could be rolled back if it turned out to be fail or pointless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I thought the point of this was so Chuck/Major could have better visibility of overall forum moderation and keep the powers that be away from Imp Zone. sounds somewhere between beneficial and completely benign to me.