Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

I thought the point of this was so Chuck/Major could have better visibility of overall forum moderation and keep the powers that be away from Imp Zone. sounds somewhere between beneficial and completely benign to me.

i can't remember the thread where we discussed it, and i wondered the same thing but someone pointed out that they can't do poo poo in there about the loudest voices (chobes mentions this sometimes) and they can't even tell us what they're talking about or :redass: it feels more like they're the 'designated grownups' to keep scawwy imp zoners in line when our posters were the ones wronged by vindictive moderation. it certainly hasn't cleared the air from synthy and larry getting wrongfully blasted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

:mad:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think it's good to have someone that can provide an Imp perspective in the Mod forum and have more mods that aren't dumb as hell, but I think it's best to defer to what the forum at large wants.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

bees x1000 posted:

I thought the point of this was so Chuck/Major could have better visibility of overall forum moderation and keep the powers that be away from Imp Zone. sounds somewhere between beneficial and completely benign to me.

We need to have some guys at the table when the real hardcore poo poo goes down in the mod forum with our boys. Do you know how absurd that sounds lmfao. The idea that anyone but Synthy deserves to be “protected” or represented is totally insane first off, second off the idea that Synthy won’t have himself looked after, the idea that anyone could seriously miss one of the 20 guys who makes the same mods are bad posts as Larry, including Larry himself, so badly that you need a free speech team?? gently caress you. Stop sucking on each other’s dicks whenever you write unfunny poo poo about mods in other forums and stop acting like the kind of harmless poo poo people have always talked in this forum could seriously be misinterpreted and need a litigator. And even if it does, who gives a gently caress.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I don't care either way at this point. Mods won't be able to stop more imps from getting zapped if that's what Jeff wants. But it's also clear that Chuck and Isoor don't exist to reign in Imps in much the same way JD and Chobes don't exist to reign in FYAD, and it's a weird double standard to have considering how many people here post in both places.

I agree with Wormskull that talking about this stupid forums politics poo poo is always gay as hell.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Plebian Parasite posted:

I agree with Wormskull that talking about this stupid forums politics poo poo is always gay as hell.

Yep

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

No one of any consequence has ever been taken from this forum regardless of the number of its police force except in circumstances they accepted when it happened. Running “larry is small” type personality jokes into a t shirt shaped hole in the ground chasing free lmfaos is why you think your “buddies” are getting “picked off” but the truth is all those people were forgettable enough to be copycats, or knew they might get shot, and that’s life. People who come back here bragging and complaining with their dicks out should have been domed on sight.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Larry straight up said he was aiming to catch a perma and the only surprising thing was how quickly it happened.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ih onestly dont give a poo poo if we have mods or not. i dont think it's fuckin selling out our culture but also i dont think it matters that much whether we do or dont. if more people think we shouldnt have them then lets get rid of them. i also think talkin forums politics is some boring poo poo nd i'd rather just fuckin play games and make jokes

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And again to emphasize: only tiny edgelords like Larry and career troublemakers like Synthy (keep using because he’s everyone’s example of a Imp who was discriminated against lol) were the only imps ever in danger of the bullshit mods supposedly solve, and for good or evil those guys know what they’re getting into. Mods are stupid but how can they understand the idea that Larry and Synthy were not banned as imps but as nuisances better than you. The poo poo people have talked here inside this forum since day one has obviously never approached needing an investigation [was the noob a bitch? 9/10 times yes. And the 1/10 time the other guy got his rear end kicked instead. And everyone deserved it and no one had a reason for bad feelings lmfao. Because it’s a video game forum and we understood that] so what’s so convincing about this protection racket and why do more feelers for pejoratively gay poo poo have to drop into the forum half life style. Larry was a CIA plant and Major Isoor and Chuck have been waiting to spring this poo poo for years. Finally paid off boys. Lmfao.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
i don't think that the nebulous, intangible element known only as "the vibe" has been changed for better or worse by having mods. things have been pretty good around here lately after that brief burst of bs. hopefully we can keep doing cool poo poo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Kins posted:

i don't think that the nebulous, intangible element known only as "the vibe" has been changed for better or worse by having mods. things have been pretty good around here lately, i hope it keeps going.

This forum is about selling copies of WWE2K23 and publicly updating our journals on the weekend, maybe breaking out a cheap DSP laugh every time someone tells us the dream they had about their dog. And it’s looking quite loving good boys. Full steam ahead.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Wormskull posted:

And again to emphasize: only tiny edgelords like Larry and career troublemakers like Synthy (keep using because he’s everyone’s example of a Imp who was discriminated against lol) were the only imps ever in danger of the bullshit mods supposedly solve, and for good or evil those guys know what they’re getting into. Mods are stupid but how can they understand the idea that Larry and Synthy were not banned as imps but as nuisances better than you. The poo poo people have talked here inside this forum since day one has obviously never approached needing an investigation [was the noob a bitch? 9/10 times yes. And the 1/10 time the other guy got his rear end kicked instead. And everyone deserved it and no one had a reason for bad feelings lmfao. Because it’s a video game forum and we understood that] so what’s so convincing about this protection racket and why do more feelers for pejoratively gay poo poo have to drop into the forum half life style. Larry was a CIA plant and Major Isoor and Chuck have been waiting to spring this poo poo for years. Finally paid off boys. Lmfao.

silent bob-style sooth saying. i'm not gonna act like i'm not one of the people you're talking about and yhouj're right. i gotta accept ppl are gonna post what they want and nothing lasts forever. thanks for your perspective ws :cheers:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Wormskull posted:

This forum is about selling copies of WWE2K23 and publicly updating our journals on the weekend, maybe breaking out a cheap DSP laugh every time someone tells us the dream they had about their dog. And it’s looking quite loving good boys. Full steam ahead.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Diabotical scrims tonite?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

P-Mack posted:

Diabotical scrims tonite?

I still can’t comfortably sit in a gamer stance.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

alright so no more mods who wants to send the DM

also I'll be picking numbers in a few hours

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

ih onestly dont give a poo poo if we have mods or not. i dont think it's fuckin selling out our culture but also i dont think it matters that much whether we do or dont. if more people think we shouldnt have them then lets get rid of them. i also think talkin forums politics is some boring poo poo nd i'd rather just fuckin play games and make jokes

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I just wanted to pick the manji.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!

Fungah! posted:

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

This is my feeling on it too. I’m not like attached to the star and if most people here don’t want mods I’ll respect that. It was part of the discussion from the beginning that if we decided we didn’t want them we could reverse it. But at the same time I haven’t done anything different as mod that I didn’t do as IK, and I barely did anything as IK the last few months since the IKs lately have been shooters that deal with poo poo before I even see it. Isoor can speak for himself if he wants to but I haven’t seen him do anything mod-related in Imp Zone either aside from basic IK housekeeping stuff. So I don’t think it’s fair to act like we’re Jeff’s quislings or doing anything to change the vibe, unless the bare fact the stars are blue instead of gray is that big a deal. It isn’t to me but I guess I’m biased, though I think I’d feel the same if it were someone else instead of me.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

E5

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

hey chuds. there needs to be 50 mods to protect the imp.zone brand, which has jeffery of yospos approved, public facing discords and tshirt shops now. Toxicity and hate brought down the CityNameSportsTeam brand which in turn had ripple effects on other classic SA brands like Moof shirts, Klurf Shirts, etc. we must not allow it to happen again.

and remember, use coupon code USAgeOfConsentLawsDontApplyToInternationalAirspaceBillGatesStatysWinning for 50 cents off orders above 300 dollars on the impzone customized girl store.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

hey chuds. there needs to be 50 mods to protect the imp.zone brand, which has jeffery of yospos approved, public facing discords and tshirt shops now. Toxicity and hate brought down the CityNameSportsTeam brand which in turn had ripple effects on other classic SA brands like Moof shirts, Klurf Shirts, etc. we must not allow it to happen again.

and remember, use coupon code USAgeOfConsentLawsDontApplyToInternationalAirspaceBillGatesStatysWinning for 50 cents off orders above 300 dollars on the impzone customized girl store.

lmao

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

this. and synthys mad because the bruins lost

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
it's probably fun to get hella invested in forum politics but i just like the IK contests because it feels like a lottery ticket of sorts and gambling is win. I thought it was weird to get mods but isoor and chuck are the most normal people on the planet so i didn't care. p much what fungah said. also my phone autocorrected isoor to idiot lol.

regards,

uncreativename
Jul 30, 2013

heehee posted:

this. and synthys mad because the bruins lost

i wish the bruins had won too, so the leafs could have revenge on them

oh, and i don't really know about the situation cus i'm new here, but i've been on other forums way back, and even when mods are good they're unnecessary like 99% of the time and the forum would've been better off without them. it's a weird power dynamic too. is all i have to say about it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

:rolleye:

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

heehee posted:

i just like the IK contests because it feels like a lottery ticket of sorts and gambling is win.

this, until i get the losing number, then it's fail.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

also mods being there to "give a voice to the imps" feels like a moot point imo, considering it's the admins who keep loving up and it only takes 53 threads on SAD for something to maybe happen and a random mod goes "we're talking about this in the mods forum but i cant say anything else". i feel that the creation of the wrestling fed and the continued greatness of the game club has done more to bring a better image to IZ. their thread IKs have been more than enough moderation as well. no offense to chuck and isoor, of course.

also, chain probing and the collective effort put into them is very cool and funny. it's something that mods have less incentive in doing.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
who cares i just want my number to get pulled and then ignored in favor of someone else’s in a year+ long conspiracy again

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

30 minutes left

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

30 minutes left

What gives.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Just rolled, and look forward to 2 months of mapgaming; Knuc U Kinte is the winner.

I also rolled for a loser like 6 times and kept hitting blank squares, so I'm gonna take that as a sign and say no loser this time, congrats everyone.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

rigged piece of poo poo

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

:D

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Punished Chuck posted:

This is my feeling on it too. I’m not like attached to the star and if most people here don’t want mods I’ll respect that. It was part of the discussion from the beginning that if we decided we didn’t want them we could reverse it. But at the same time I haven’t done anything different as mod that I didn’t do as IK, and I barely did anything as IK the last few months since the IKs lately have been shooters that deal with poo poo before I even see it. Isoor can speak for himself if he wants to but I haven’t seen him do anything mod-related in Imp Zone either aside from basic IK housekeeping stuff. So I don’t think it’s fair to act like we’re Jeff’s quislings or doing anything to change the vibe, unless the bare fact the stars are blue instead of gray is that big a deal. It isn’t to me but I guess I’m biased, though I think I’d feel the same if it were someone else instead of me.

Yeah, pretty much. I don't mind one way or another either, tbh - so if IZ opinion has veered back to its 'no mods' stance, then so be it! I don't think much will change at the moment one way or another, overall.
Since yeah, as you said I haven't done much in here beyond basic housekeeping stuff, which can now mostly be handled via the thread IKs. Aside from the rare report and trying to be a sane voice in the mod forum, that's about it. (Oh, and probing lollontee, haha :v: )

Maybe we need to have a thread to talk about it further, if more imps have opinions? Anyway, Congrats to Knuc U Kinte, regardless! Good to have a mapgamer win :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i should've wopn