Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i am waitin for curse of the golden idol dlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Thank you VG for ensuring justice is done

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
zelder

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Stebe Wiebe

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rarity posted:

Thank you VG for ensuring justice is done

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sally posted:

i am waitin for curse of the golden idol dlc

See this is what i mean, about it having a shoddy title. It's actually "case" of the golden idol

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda!!!!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

External Organs posted:

Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda Zelda!!!!!

An SA Classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeyUb2uvOv8

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Redfall seems like watered down Deathloop so far. Very much a 6/10 game after an hour or so.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A Sometimes Food posted:

Redfall seems like watered down Deathloop so far. Very much a 6/10 game after an hour or so.

That's what it felt like it was going to be. Still might be worth a look in at some point if the story turns out OK?

But man, how good was Deathloop? Real flashpoint of a game.
Also a game I'm likely to go back to in a couple of years once I've forgotten how to break the loop and enjoy it all over again.
Though half the fun was invading and being invaded, so not sure how the bots will hold up over time.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Huh, turns out you can't edit the votes to negative it just makes it zero

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Merton May

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

Aw, Aaron Senna is a good kid really :unsmith:

rox
Sep 7, 2016

VideoGames posted:

No way fake gamer Billy Mitchell got more votes than real king Steve Wiebe.

That whole poll is suspect. Sorry Lanky.

well if it makes you feel any better the poll wasnt about which kong is the truest gamer.* steve doesnt need to chase after anyone :)

*saving that one for next year

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

woop woop got an S rank on the final secret level of Cruelty Squad

S rank time is 1 minute, I squeaked in at 59.249 seconds

funny thing is, the hard mode S rank time is 4 minutes and I nailed that in 1:30 with plenty of room to save time if I cared about record time beyond getting the S

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Mode 7 posted:

Look I know you've mentioned disliking fighting games but I'd still recommend Soulcalibur just for its Mission Battle mode. You move around a map completing missions (fights against the CPU generally with some sort of gimmick or conditions) and unlock points which you can then use to unlock cool concept art, character costumes/weapons/bio stuff, music tracks etc. It's also early enough in the Soulcalibur series that the story hasn't gone to complete poo poo yet and is mostly a fun alternate-history-with-a-little-magic setting. You can unlock stuff like videos of the characters performing weapon kata, which is the kind of completely unnecessary but captivating unlockable that I wish more games had.

that does sound pretty pog

thx m7, i probably will try it at some point:)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ask not for whom the steve wiebes

he wiebes for thiebe

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Mode 7 posted:

Look I know you've mentioned disliking fighting games but I'd still recommend Soulcalibur just for its Mission Battle mode. You move around a map completing missions (fights against the CPU generally with some sort of gimmick or conditions) and unlock points which you can then use to unlock cool concept art, character costumes/weapons/bio stuff, music tracks etc. It's also early enough in the Soulcalibur series that the story hasn't gone to complete poo poo yet and is mostly a fun alternate-history-with-a-little-magic setting. You can unlock stuff like videos of the characters performing weapon kata, which is the kind of completely unnecessary but captivating unlockable that I wish more games had.

To add to this, Soulcalibur II's Sword Master mode is more of the same good stuff, although it's a GCN/PS2/Xbox game and outside of the Dreamcast discussion.

Mission Battle and Sword Master are so good, the later iterations of similar modes just weren't as good. (Still haven't played SC3, but still.)

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I can not in good conscience vote for Steve Wiebe after hearing his Christian music

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

FF14:

Aw, Aaron Senna is a good kid really :unsmith:

I really want A-Ruhn and Alphinaud to meet and become friends over their shared arc of "child prodigy buys own hype and spectacularly eats poo poo then becomes cool".

A-Ruhn's arc is lowkey maybe the best handled story in Gridania. A low bar admittedly much as I love my dumb forest elf city.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A couple early reviews are calling Redfall the worst game of 2023.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

More like "Redfall," because its failure to inspire consumers will cause Microsoft's business profits to plummet "into the red," indicating an overall loss of revenue.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gonna be hard to beat hogwarts legacy (bogfarts legapee)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Genuinely trying to remember the last major PC release I got near launch and it Just Worked (tm). I think maybe Yakuza 7? I feel like we're going backwards here.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Saint Freak posted:

Genuinely trying to remember the last major PC release I got near launch and it Just Worked (tm). I think maybe Yakuza 7? I feel like we're going backwards here.

Hi-Fi Rush was great on PC.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Saint Freak posted:

Ohhh, Elden Rin *DISCONNECTED*

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's been a long run but we've finally discovered: Consoles FTW. PC Gaming ftl.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
*rushes desperately into thread*

Redfail

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Pc rocks, if you don’t care about aaa games on release, which is the correct stance

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
PC has many great game and apps, such as Yuzu and PCSX2

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It's been a long run but we've finally discovered: Consoles FTW. PC Gaming ftl.

PC stands for phail computer

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jay Rust posted:

Gonna be hard to beat hogwarts legacy (bogfarts legapee)

Hogwarts Legacy is boring and it doesn't run very well and the story is kind of bad but I'm an idiot who still likes Harry Potter so 9/10

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

I said come in! posted:

A couple early reviews are calling Redfall the worst game of 2023.

About time arkane get found out for being frauds

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
At least we will all go into Starfield knowing there was no chance it was going to run Day 1 anyways.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

At least we will all go into Starfield knowing there was no chance it was going to run Day 1 anyways.

Says you

Meanwhile I'll be screaming across the universe faster than light because I landed my ship on a rock

:smuggo:

Saint Freak posted:

Hype to watch all the 1080p/4K 120fps Tears of the Kingdom videos that magically start appearing in a week or so

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Terrible value, continues to diminish

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Ironically if a game came out today in the state that Oblivion was in when it came out, it would probably be seen as a successful bug-free launch in comparison to this current procession of shitshows.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Saint Freak posted:

That's right

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rarity posted:

*rushes desperately into thread*

Redfail
sorry I'm a little slow, could you explain this joke for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Hogwarts Legacy is boring and it doesn't run very well and the story is kind of bad but I'm an idiot who still likes Harry Potter so 9/10

The game has a side story where you help a house elf find out why his best friend went missing, it turns out his house elf best friend was brutally abused and then left to die in a cave full of spiders, the side story ends with everyone involved just shrugging their shoulders and saying "these things happen I guess :shrug: " and then you move on. The various storylines including the main one, is really loving bad.