Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

smellmycheese posted:

Where is the Redfall thread plz?

Isn't one. You can make one if you want. It's a free forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Another QCS success story!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I keep getting ads featuring "Natasha, the Underworld Doctor" of Honkai Star Rail

she's cool

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Harrow posted:

Seriously though it's baffling to me to suggest that we should feel bad for Riot employees because the game they work on is inherently evil or something while Nintendo employees only work on games that are ethically good.

You want to talk about a job that feels meaningless? Go talk to, like, any technical writer. I've done that for like 9 years now and I know for a fact nobody reads anything I write. We just have to have documentation because if you don't have it then when people ask dumb questions you don't get to tell them to RTFM. That's it, that's why they hire people like me.

I wish I was working in a creative field getting paid well to make characters who people love and write fanfic about and poo poo like that.

(for the record I have never played any MOBA and have no intention to but like, c'mon now)

Harrow have you read any of Ted Chiang's short stories? He's a technical writer by trade and I really like how that kinda bleeds through into his creative writing, there's a simplicity and directness to it that I enjoy.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

VostokProgram posted:

how do you pluralize that animal

they're very rare and shy so you'll never see more than one in one place so you just don't worry about it

Runa posted:

Note-taking isn't a habit a lot of people have but it's always funny to try to take notes, then go back to those notes a week later to figure out why you thought these thoughts were noteworthy

I found a sheet of paper once with a bunch of incomprehensible words written all over it and eventually I figured out they were the names of minerals I hadn't turned into the library yet in Stardew Valley.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Last Celebration posted:

TOTK: It’s cool/funny that in this “ganondorf hosed all the weapons up with his malice” setting the best weapons I’ve found so far so far are giant sticks you get from killing trees. Also, anyone else find the jumpscare hands enemies? Definitely took me off guard and then promptly massacred me.

i HATE those things. I beat one up and then ran away from the second phase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

haveblue posted:

Fly me to the june and let me game among the stars