Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Do we know for sure this game supports cross play? I feel like I can’t find a single instance of Capcom saying one way or the other, everything just stems from a dude saying he got confirmation of it.

You’d think they’d want to advertise that feature given how hard they’ve been going on marketing this thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
This could be added to the OP because it seems there's a lot of misconceptions about modern mode damage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irgEayl1LhA

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Lied to again... can't trust any one these days.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
for anyone wondering, there's also a fight stick/hitbox thread if people are thinking of getting a peripheral for when the game is out

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

There's no flat 20% damage reduction on modern, but some moves do have it. If you do a raw DP it always has the damage of light DP, which is 20% less than the heavy version. But if you cancel into the DP from a normal, it has the same damage as heavy DP. It's all very inconsistent and confusing.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

man nurse posted:

Do we know for sure this game supports cross play? I feel like I can’t find a single instance of Capcom saying one way or the other, everything just stems from a dude saying he got confirmation of it.

You’d think they’d want to advertise that feature given how hard they’ve been going on marketing this thing

Yea. It’s on the website. Street fighter6.com or something like that.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

Yea. It’s on the website. Street fighter6.com or something like that.

Sweet. My hype levels for this game are severe and it’s hosed up that I’ve been having to wait until halfway through 2023 for it

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
have capcom said anything at all about the future of character customization and the stuff you can buy for them in the shops? the betas were pretty limited in that, considering how decent a part of the game it seems to be

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

kliras posted:

have capcom said anything at all about the future of character customization and the stuff you can buy for them in the shops? the betas were pretty limited in that, considering how decent a part of the game it seems to be

What do you want to know? The cosmetic stuff is tied to real-world currency so they'll likely keep pumping new stuff in

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
just the scope of what they wanted to do. the options just looked very limited in the beta, and as fun as the hideous monstrosities people create can be, i would also have imagined they'd want to try to promote the custom character aspect of the game more ahead of launch

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Universal things that beat DI that we know of:

* Jab spam
* Throws
* Parry (active from frame 1, woe be upon them if you land perfect parry)
* Jump
* Just block it, as long as you're not in the corner

And the best way to counter a drive impact is to... well. Counter-drive impact. You'll get the most reward out of counter-drive impact.

And the window for counter-DI is HUGE. Like, you can be fishing with some normals (I think like, Ryu st.MK) and still recover fast enough to DI on reaction.

So it's not like it's this invincible thing.

(I apologize for not having any readily-available clips for these other things, twitter has just gotten worse and unsearchable if you don't have an account, so have a Max video instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmgovEtR1-4 )

VVVV especially since training mode has a specific Drive Impact Defense Practice setting.

Drive impact is strong and you need a plan to play around it because trying to hard call it out opens you up to parry drive rush pressure. Normals with late cancel windows like Ryu's f.HK, buffering into armor crush specials etc.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
I'm sure I'll change my tune as soon as I start playing against people who use it properly, but drive impact felt really easy to punish in the December beta.

I'm gonna chalk it up to playing a lot of Tekken 7 and getting very used to psychotic yolo rage arts usage.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

kliras posted:

just the scope of what they wanted to do. the options just looked very limited in the beta, and as fun as the hideous monstrosities people create can be, i would also have imagined they'd want to try to promote the custom character aspect of the game more ahead of launch

there's a lot of stuff we haven't had access to yet shown off in the battle hub intro video, like horns and wings and stuff that you'd expect to see in Tekken or Soul Calibur's outfit customization, so we're sure to get all the typical bits you'd expect, I think

it was also mentioned somewhere along the line that the battle hub's clothing shop will be host to special events and collabs, and i imagine all the collab stuff will take the form of outfit parts

the character creator in the demo is missing features we've seen shown in some other videos too- like unusual skintone options (blue, green, etc)- so the full game either starts you off without every basic option or it's just not all included in the demo

it seems like something that'll keep expanding as the game gets updates and stuff on a regular basis.

PepperKeibu
May 1, 2009

Double Bill posted:

Modern controls doesn't improve your reaction times. If you can't anti-air DP or hit-confirm on reaction with classic controls you won't be able to do it with modern, because it's your brain that's too slow.

I don't know about that. I am much more likely to anti-air in time with Falke than with a dp motion character in SFV. My brain may be slow but just mashing two buttons to anti-air seems to make up for my brain's slowness quite a bit.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ9xvRJM1qI

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

OD flash knuckle is great, I can barely string together a combo but it’s very easy to hit confirm HP into it and then follow up with a DP or cash out any amount of super meter

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I don't think I've seen people discussing it much, since most SF6 talk is about the competitive play side of things, but I'm really curious what moves we're getting for custom characters who aren't on the playable roster.

We've seen some sword attacks here:
https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxjlb9zETUsebzy2O38Qkvq2U3fnHD1W4q

And I can only imagine they'll be pulling from a lot of characters that aren't in SF6 too, as well as maybe adding stuff from other games in collab events. Outfits and a special move or two would let you get pretty close to recreating a lot of characters who didn't make the cut, or who are from other Capcom games or other fighting games. Or even stuff like characters from Resident Evil or Mega Man.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I’ll be kind of surprised if you can learn any non-PC moves in World Tour. They’ve said the equippable moves are all tied to “masters” you can take on, and they all just appear to be the people in the main game

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
The thing I'm most curious about is how movesets with lots of interconnected parts function when you start dissecting them to give them to custom characters.

Cammy's hooligan hop probably gives you all the followups, right? But what about stances like Marisa and Chun-Li seem to have? Do you get all of that on one move list spot?

What about specials with multiple options? Like Deejay having his faint fireballs and Jp having multiple followups out of his space fractures. Those seem like they might need more than one slot if you want full access, don't they?

Now how about something like Jamie, or Blanka. You think you can just give yourself Jamie's penultimate specials and have access to them at all times, or will you be completely unable to use them unless you got ways of increasing your drink level? And if you give yourself Blanka-chan, will that actually do anything if you don't have Blanka normals or other specials to hit it with?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://twitter.com/kaituburing/status/1497092965537247235

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://twitter.com/ssshuckle/status/1653211042749599744

dunno if this means story spoilers happened or the game itself leaked in some way, but heads up regardless for those who care

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Leaks were an integral part in this game's marketing so I welcome more of them

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
There's some character guides on twitter that look like someone with early access got their videos stolen and posted.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

BIG GAMEPLAY SPOILERS IF YOU CARE

https://twitter.com/sagat932/status/1653192943769886720?s=20

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Jinh posted:

This could be added to the OP because it seems there's a lot of misconceptions about modern mode damage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irgEayl1LhA

will do

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SF6 x Cooking Papa was not the crossover I was expecting.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

For anyone curious, I fired up the SF6 demo on my Xbox Series S and it runs great. Doesn't look as pretty as it does compared to when I play on my PC (textures are a bit off; Ryu doesn't have his beard lmao), but it looks like its locked 60 FPS on the S.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

SF6 x Cooking Papa was not the crossover I was expecting.

Fool! That's Mazinger Z!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Waffleman_ posted:

Fool! That's Mazinger Z!

....what? No.

No? I can't tell if this is a joke or not. That's not aping Go Nagai, I promise. I swear unto you that this is a riff on Tochi Ueyama's Cooking Papa.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/cooking-papa/4050-60528/?sortBy=asc
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooking_Papa

This is a distinguished series that has been running since 1985, and last I checked, is #5 on the list of longest-running manga by chapter count at 1,642 in tankobon volume 164.

(One Piece, by comparison, is at 1,081 chapters in 105 volumes.)

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 2, 2023

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I’m guessing a bunch of stuff will be hitting shortly

https://twitter.com/rooflemonger/status/1653162462550605826?s=46&t=3d9JmXOJWgE8nozHLwUyjQ

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
need me some gief content

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

I skipped SFV because it didn't seem good. Really excited for SFVI, but wondering as a PC player, should I get a new controller to replace my Xbox One controller?

Was trying to play SFIV using it and it felt like playing in mud. I used to have a fightstick but its back overseas.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Banjo Bones posted:

I skipped SFV because it didn't seem good. Really excited for SFVI, but wondering as a PC player, should I get a new controller to replace my Xbox One controller?

Was trying to play SFIV using it and it felt like playing in mud. I used to have a fightstick but its back overseas.

it really depends on what you're most comfortable with. if you're not a pad player, then don't use it! you may want to check the general fighting game thread for more info on fightsticks if you choose to go down that route

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Banjo Bones posted:

Play with whatever you're comfortable with, but I remember the dpad on the Xbox One controller being not that great. The dpad on the newer Xbox Series controller is satisfyling clicky by comparison. You can pick up a Series controller on sale for like $40 sometimes. Many on this forum have praised the Hori Fighting Commander pad, though I've never used one. I'm currently using an 8BitDo stick on PC; was only $70ish when I got it on sale. MSRP is like $90, which is still a good deal imo.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Im kinda limited on space so I was looking to get a decent fighting pad that doesn't chew up my thumb like the XBOne does

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wait no you're right, I thought it was Boss and for some reason I thought you were talking about Cooking Mama

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Banjo Bones posted:

Im kinda limited on space so I was looking to get a decent fighting pad that doesn't chew up my thumb like the XBOne does

I think most goons would recommend the Hori Fighting Commander then. Or if you like the Xbox form factor, the Series controller since its dpad is a considerable upgrade (imo). Other options to consider are the 8BitDo M30 bluetooth controller https://www.8bitdo.com/m30/ or 8BitDo wired Pro 2 controller https://www.8bitdo.com/pro2-wired-controller-for-xbox/

teagone fucked around with this message at 06:20 on May 2, 2023

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Pfftt

what a crazy thing to say

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Pfftt

what a crazy thing to say

hire someone to steal Manon gameplay footage :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Skypie posted:

hire someone to steal Manon gameplay footage :pray:

I may have one fun manon tidbit for everyone in about 25 minutes from now

and a lot more in a day or two