Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Welp my session today was so bad I don't even want to bother with posting replays. Just tons of basic execution errors and combo drops on top of slow reactions. Maybe I just need to take a break from ranked.

e: terrible snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
You can always just queue up for casuals, you can still filter connections unlike battle hub

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
dunno about having a hall effect stick (extremely unlikely you'll find this) but the hori fighting commander is a good 6 face button controller

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Anyone know any good pads with a six-button face and hall-effect sticks? I feel more and more like a pad is natural for me, but shoulder buttons for normals is grimy as hell and I'm kind of stuck only doing modern with that.

Also, in good news: A Ken teabagged me so I 2-0'd him back down to gold.

vitrix has a modular controller. you can buy that hall effect stick separately.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_DSF87l8C8

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
That might be my favorite version of the Satsui no Hado yet

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

That is some sick rear end Akuma

Love his LV3. Perfect.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

command throw!!!!??!!

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Unironically excited to eat a million demon flip mixups. Cool that he gets at least two wall splat scenarios that don't require DI and that teleport command grab (?) looks amazing.

I'm so glad we're finally getting the big balance patch in a few weeks so Manon will hopefully have at least one plus-on-block normal or special to use against the Akuma Army.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Can't wait to SPD this guy!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/ssshuckle/status/1692377994742927492

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

So we've had base Ryu, Ryu subsumed by the satsui no hadou, the satsui no hadou becoming embodied independent of Ryu, Ryu embracing nothingness, Akuma, and Akuma fully subsumed to the satsui no hadou.

So clearly what we need is Ryu's nothingness manifest in itself. Just a shoto-shaped fuckin' void.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Nehru the Damaja posted:

So we've had base Ryu, Ryu subsumed by the satsui no hadou, the satsui no hadou becoming embodied independent of Ryu, Ryu embracing nothingness, Akuma, and Akuma fully subsumed to the satsui no hadou.

So clearly what we need is Ryu's nothingness manifest in itself. Just a shoto-shaped fuckin' void.

You figured out Luke's origin story

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Ooooh
Waah
Chumbawumba Jago

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Gouken (Final Form) is coming is season 7.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Veev posted:

Gouken (Final Form) is coming is season 7.

A tombstone?

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Flinger posted:

:master:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Flinger posted:

lol

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Ryu Function

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/kujikawaii/status/1784902715736293775

"Sorry for casually messatsuing you back there. We cool?"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Why is Akuma a Lion now?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

Why is Akuma a Lion now?

cause he was in sf5

then i guess he shaved it off in 3rd strike

but liked it so much he kept growing it for sf6

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/hoodratt20xx/status/1785036778581447071

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

10 months ago I did my first placements and landed in bronze 1 with Ken. Hadn't really touched him since and got various others to gold and plat.

But just to see if this new leverless is clicking with me, I hopped back in with Ken and took him straight to silver. So that's nice. I doubt I'll ever make him a main or anything close to it, but I'm encouraged that I can do things on this controller I couldn't do with stick.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I want to see Akuma text John Streets.

Also Elena should be there hanging out at his place.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

akuma's texting style is completely normal dad texts but they're always followed by 2-3 devil emojis

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I hope that Akuma is just perfectly capable of using a phone and it's just Ryu that's out of touch.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Vermain posted:

akuma's texting style is completely normal dad texts but they're always followed by 2-3 devil emojis

John Streets: Sensei I don't know what to do, I'm so terrified. Ever since I began training with you I have these awful nightmares... These unspeakable urges... I want to hurt people. I want to kill them. I woke up in a cold sweat last night only to realize I was outside, choking a homeless man to death. I released my grip and tried to explain but my throat was dry and choked with my shame. What could I have possibly said? He ran off into the night and I fell to the ground and clutched my sides and sobbed so hard that my body couldn't even make the sounds of weeping. Please Sensei, please, what is happening, what do I do? I think I'm going insane. I look and the mirror and I no longer know who I see.

Akuma: 👍

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Akuma: INSIGNIFICANT WEAKLING!!

Akuma: Hey do you wanna go see Cradle of Filth tonight? Really heavy metal band, gnarly stuff.

Akuma: DIE A THOUSAND DEATHS!!!!

Bisse fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Apr 30, 2024

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Akuma would type in all caps.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

no, no, even better: he's one of those motherfuckers that capitalizes every single word for no reason

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

FTFY

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

SlimGoodbody posted:

John Streets: Sensei I don't know what to do, I'm so terrified. Ever since I began training with you I have these awful nightmares... These unspeakable urges... I want to hurt people. I want to kill them. I woke up in a cold sweat last night only to realize I was outside, choking a homeless man to death. I released my grip and tried to explain but my throat was dry and choked with my shame. What could I have possibly said? He ran off into the night and I fell to the ground and clutched my sides and sobbed so hard that my body couldn't even make the sounds of weeping. Please Sensei, please, what is happening, what do I do? I think I'm going insane. I look and the mirror and I no longer know who I see.

Akuma: 👍

lol

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Finally getting back to playing the game a bit since I'm technically playing it at evo this year; low-mid plat is kinda funny. I played versus a Ryu last night that threw two fireballs in our 2 game set, instead opting for drive rush sweep, drive rush throw, the close range hadouken thing and walking himself into the corner repeatedly.

He didn't even anti air or anything, it was super bizarre and I can only assume he was trying to practice playing defensively or something?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Weird Pumpkin posted:

He didn't even anti air or anything, it was super bizarre and I can only assume he was trying to practice playing defensively or something?
No two Ryus are allowed to have the same gameplan. Moreso than any other character, you are playing against the player themselves rather than the archetype. I choose to believe most of the people who make it to Plat/Diamond with Ryu are operating on pure 1992 instinct rather than any strategy wiki, YouTube guide or tournament footage

TurkeyFried
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk:

:perfect:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Akuma would use a flip phone too