Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
C'mon Hikari, don't let Maki and Misao show you up in drawing blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pro Wrestling Noa

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Lamuella posted:

Pro Wrestling Noa

that was the last match

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Hikari Noa CDs. where would she get so many!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
:sickos:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
:stare:

dang

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Hikari said she wanted all the bumps

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

every time someone gets thrown at the light tubes I tense up.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

gently caress

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
gory special turned into a side slam.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

turns out: Sawyer Wreck is loving good.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
shouts out to excalibur's old "minecraft like structure" call.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
blood status: Sawyer Wreck

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm enjoying this match a lot but Hikari really needs to be doing more deathmatches to get this ambitious with the spots.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pylons posted:

I'm enjoying this match a lot but Hikari really needs to be doing more deathmatches to get this ambitious with the spots.

I'm fairly certain she would a thousand percent agree with you.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:stonk:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
not the strategic light tube reserve.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
at least they're no not being too phased by the things that don't work out

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Very much into the sleazy saxophone here.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Turns out that using being an idol to get in to wrestling is probably also keeping you from doing the wrestling you want to do

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
gently caress HIkari's back!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

As a big baby loser geek who feels queasy watching deathmatches, is this show worth catching up on? :ohdear:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Turns out that using being an idol to get in to wrestling is probably also keeping you from doing the wrestling you want to do

Idol producers and contracts suck

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
ahhhhhhhh didn't Noa do a deathmatch with Rina Yamashita?

edit: maybe it was just a hardcore match

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
oh poo poo such respect and cool poo poo.

Jerusalem posted:

As a big baby loser geek who feels queasy watching deathmatches, is this show worth catching up on? :ohdear:

what makes you queasy, because aside from the deathmatch itself, there is a fun match for the semi-main and a rookie vs. rookie match that is interesting.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

fez_machine posted:

ahhhhhhhh didn't Noa do a deathmatch with Rina Yamashita?

I looked it up (for the OP), it was a hardcore match not a deathmatch.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

You should 100% watch the Gabai Ji-chan vs. Mahiro match.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

It was a lot of fun, not too gruesome. There is blood, but not excessive blood, some hard but well executed spots, and the matches leading up to this were very enjoyable.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The deathmatch wasn't too gnarly there's blood but not all over the place

mainly chair slam spots and exploding light tubes

edit: if you watched the Hyper Misao deathmatch in DDT that was way more grody

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:stonk:

Her back

But then her theme song

:dance:

Her back :stonk:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The ChocoPro BR going on now is very fun as well

amazing layout

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I will give the show a try after New Japan is over, hardcore matches I'm usually okay and from the description this match seems like it might be okay, but something about the aesthetic of a death match leaves me feeling gross, so if that match isn't working for me as I watch it I will use the mysterious power of... just not watching it anymore, to get past this problem!

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
That one cut on her upper back on her right is probably going to need a stitch or two

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
So I watched the clipped highlights of the Suzu Suzuki-Jun Kasai match from last week this morning before this which probably skews my views slightly but that... wasn't that good. It revealed that her moves lack the impact of others that do this stuff which really doesn't help; especially since her opponent, well, isn't exactly Jun Kasai. The issue is that they won't ever do more than one or two of these a year so Hikari won't get better at the stuff that's most relevant; and so its sort of diminishing returns once you tick off all of the firsts. I also think she's stagnated a bit (although perhaps Miu clearly improving significantly overemphasises this) and it honestly feels like she'd benefit from going somewhere else for a while - but the only realistic options for that are like a US run but promoters there would probably have the bigger names, or leaving TJPW to go somewhere else and that'd be being a Stardom midcarder which wouldn't be good or the indie grind where the risk is that you end up stuck on tiny Indies that no one watches.

I'm pretty sure the fact you get one of these a year is probably more TJPW vs the Idol stuff at this point - the agency she's in isn't that big and I believe has downsized and didn't object to this. I think its a combination of TJPW being worried about doing more deathmatches causing issues with overall popularity (the Prominence/Ice Ribbon split initially was Ice Ribbon wanting to stop doing the deathmatches and Prominence wanting to carry on doing their own thing; Stardom only go to a certain point because they get fan criticism although they've definitely raised the bar I assume because they're getting more New Japan fans to counterbalance this a bit); and the fact that they are proud of their isolationism and would need to bring in outsiders to do this more regularly and there aren't exactly that many until you go intergender which would be a tough sell as a thing on regular shows - its literally Rina Yamashita which they've done, Prominence who were very strongly Stardom-linked last year although perhaps Suzu's departure changes that; and perhaps Yuki Miyazaki on the more Hardcore side vs Deathmatch side.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Just watched the Ji-Chan/Kiryu match, absolutely loving incredible stuff. Can't pick a favorite spot, everything was just magical from start to finish. Kiryu may now be the most despicable heel on the roster!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
There's a few places to go for Hikari Noa within the Cyberfight group. Notably, both Hyper Misao and Maki Itoh have done hardcore/death match stuff in DDT (that seems to have died down though) but there is Ganbare/Ganbare Joshi, maybe Gake No Fuchi if that comes back and Baka Gaijin (on the extreme end of Cyberfight affiliated).

Although, I don't know how Misao/Itoh got the leeway to branch out as much as they have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fez_machine posted:

Although, I don't know how Misao/Itoh got the leeway to branch out as much as they have.

Misao worked out an elaborate scam to pull it off. Here's how Maki Itoh did it: