Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Mayn event are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs Jailton Almeida 3 10.71%
Raquel Pennington vs Irene Aldana 2 1 3.57%
Gegard Mousasi vs Fabian Edwards 1 3.57%
Anything that isn't any of those fights 23 82.14%
Total: 28 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
bkfc is pretty much my line where mma goes from entertaining to difficult to watch. If you want to permanently damage someone's face and brain, you should do it with your shins, not your knuckles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Trillhouse posted:

imagining a guy that's just inconsolable over losing nunes/pena 3.

But I wanted to watch Pena get counter hooked every time she came in for 25 minutes straight :(

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

I think that's just the general awkwardness of appearing on camera when its focused on the person next to you. Like being next to a kiss cam couple.

UFC 288 was... alright? It always sucks when the entertainment value of the main and co-main fights just isn't there. I love me some Gilbert Burns, and it sucks that the fight was lost with a shoulder injury and had to go on for another 4 rounds. Cejudo and Sterling was lackluster. I don't bemoan either their game plan or performance, it just wasn't exciting to watch. Andrade/Xiaonan was fantastic. The prelims and early card had a few bangers too.

Now I rely on One to get me through the rest of May. Please just let Rodtang fight every Friday, I don't care who you put in front of him.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

CarlCX posted:

It's wild that we only have three MMA events for the entire rest of the month and one of them, which is 13 days away, has no main event.

Wait, One isn't doing Friday nights this month? Blaaahhhhhhh

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

And as a gangly violence monster, I took that personally.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

MMA June: Power Slap Central

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

CarlCX posted:

Both of these are good puns (and the meme has enough effort that I want to steal it for a thing this coming week) but at risk of being a killjoy I want to honor the power slap separation and I also don't feel great about a white pride joke in the thread title, although I'm open to being told I'm being a baby about it.

I mainly just wanted to make a power slap joke and the thread title seems like the only time when it was appropriate to bring it up. I have satisfied my needs.

ilmucche posted:

MMA June: gently caress dana white