Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Mayn event are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs Jailton Almeida 3 10.71%
Raquel Pennington vs Irene Aldana 2 1 3.57%
Gegard Mousasi vs Fabian Edwards 1 3.57%
Anything that isn't any of those fights 23 82.14%
Total: 28 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Did the kimbo/dada stuff really have anything to do with fightsports being dangerous or could those two have gotten themselves in the same trouble trying to just like, run a half marathon or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Holy poo poo I thought that was a photoshop but no

https://twitter.com/ZhakoZhumagulov/status/1654181821423206400

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Holy poo poo Merab is quick

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
Posting this partially for others and partially for myself

:siren: Tomorrow's UFC card starts at noon EST/9 AM PST:siren: (Europe enjoy)

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Lucasar posted:

Poirier will win and be known as the "Be My Friend" Champion.

:hai:

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Nierbo posted:

What's going on with UFC 290? The news here just said it's coming to Australia but nothing on the UFC website or socials that it's no longer at T-Mobile arena

I think that's just wishful thinking on the part of your news

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
I think Tyson Fury would hesitate much less (or not at all) to just kick Jon in the nuts, and that's what would determine the winner of that fight, but under actual MMA rules yeah Jon probably wins. We'll never see it in either sport.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

CommonShore posted:

Can you show your evidence of this and convince me? Because this is hilarious.

I don't know how reliable this is but uh

Scotsman.com posted:

Among new arrivals were George Gracie, from Carronhill in Dumfriesshire, emigrated to Brazil in 1801.

As he set sail for South America, he would have had no inkling he was to become a forefather to Brazil’s famous Gracie family - the creators and champions of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu maritial art.

So seems like at least the idea of some Scottish families ending up in Brazil isn't insane, but they're maybe related more further back rather than being directly descended from the ones that ended up in the US?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
How long before we have interim title fights on the very next card after the champ fought? So dumb.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

CarlCX posted:

Hilariously enough this has actually already happened, albeit only technically. The whole 2008 Randy Couture contract spat necessitated an interim title, and then he came back in the middle of the interim title being defended, so at UFC 91 Brock Lesnar beat Randy to win the real heavyweight title and then a month later at UFC 92 Big Nog lost his preexisting interim heavyweight title to Frank Mir.

Which proves heavyweight has always been ahead of the curve at finding ways to be terrible.

Hahaha great, but technically not the next event, just the next PPV. I wanna see an interim fight between two 4-days-notice fighters on a fight night the week after a defending champ pisses Dana off by saying something mundane.

To be clear, I don't actually want to see this.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

ilmucche posted:

One Friday night fights, apparently

This, which to be clear, are on early Friday morning if you're in the US

There's also these guys:

https://www.youtube.com/@maxmuaythaichannel/streams

that still stream some of their events to YT, but not as many as they used to.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
what the gently caress is that

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Benson Cunningham posted:

MMA June: Power Slap Central

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Kvlt! posted:

edit: some articles say you can watch lethwei on UFC Fight Pass, for those who have it is that true?

Fightpass shows different things in different regions and I didn't bother turning on a VPN to search this, but from the US this is what I see: