Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Mayn event are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs Jailton Almeida 3 10.71%
Raquel Pennington vs Irene Aldana 2 1 3.57%
Gegard Mousasi vs Fabian Edwards 1 3.57%
Anything that isn't any of those fights 23 82.14%
Total: 28 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thats a real shame about Ferguson. I knew he needed help but I thought he was back on track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FishBowlRobot posted:

Most definitely. Brutal Bob went out to take souls.

Staring down Hendricks and MacDonald during those rematches are two incredible moments that don’t even involve actual fighting.

I'll forever love everything about his fight with Rory MacDonald. Especially him happy as a pig in poo poo walking out to the cage.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Some good news. Mark Coleman is apparently sober after a long time abusing drugs n alcohol.

Apparently liverking has been helping him out with ancestral tenets or some bullshit but hey. I think eating bull penis and taking Winstrol is better than Jack Daniels and cocaine. So good for him.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

My favourite Gracie fact was that one of them, possibly Renzo, who had 9 kids, couldn't come up with another name starting with 'r' for his 10th kid, and so called them 'r10' for a while.

Also, I've met Royce Gracie and can confirm that he's an rear end in a top hat.

I always liked messing with people that sucked off the gracies by pronouncing their names with the R and when corrected would apologise and refer to Helio Gracie as Relio. I also once stitched a sakuraba mask onto my gi for a tournament and got yelled at in portugese by someone's instructor.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

gently caress Sydney. Come back to Brisbane.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nierbo posted:

Ah makes sense. Sort of. drat, that's a shame.
On a similar note, how long is Whitaker going to be relevant for? Another few fights, maaaybe? Is it just me or is his striking stuck in a rut. Seems like he still relies on his lunging right hand, can't put together combos and can't really move in and out effectively.

It's 100% just you. He fucks up anyone not named Israel without getting out of 2nd gear and on some people's score cards - though not mine, won their 2nd fight.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jones would shoot a power double and choke him out.

Fury would out box Jones, in boxing and it wouldn't be anything resembling competitive.

Fury is bros with Rogan and getting some pop. It's a bit of a nothing story really.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Keith Mars posted:

I had the occasion to encourage someone to don't be scared homie (of a dental appointment) and to teach them the origins of that meme today. I'd forgotten about this amazing gem:

Hahahahahaah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eat This Glob posted:

someone can correct me if im wrong, but doesn't mark have like his back fused together and like hip and knees replaced? please, hammer don't hurt 'em (yourself)

He does and for ages he was a pill addict and drunk, apparently he's been doing liver king stuff and it's helped him quit the drugs n booze so he might live another 4 years but jesus. It's not a sport he should be doing anymore.