Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

the wreck of the edmund fitzgerald is one of the all time great songs

in a just universe the bells would chime once for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

That Works posted:

Interesting

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1653145142856138761?s=20

When do we get AI to replace junior to middle management at the corporate and government levels? Might almost enjoy watching that unfold.

This guys a loving moron.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

CommieGIR posted:

This guys a loving moron.

Is it the kind of thing you say to pump the stock numbers up then quietly table it later maybe?

I'm not a business guy, it all seems loving dumb to me.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

That Works posted:

Is it the kind of thing you say to pump the stock numbers up then quietly table it later maybe?

I'm not a business guy, it all seems loving dumb to me.

C suites everywhere are hard up about AI because they think they can use it to replace workers, and what is actually going to happen is their half-assed AI solution is going to result in either a massive breach or an accident and there will be nobody to be held accountable.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Probably wanted a hiring freeze anyway for the same reasons that every other CEO implements them.

“Because AI” is a flimsy pretext and one that may backfire.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Platystemon posted:

Probably wanted a hiring freeze anyway for the same reasons that every other CEO implements them.

“Because AI” is a flimsy pretext and one that may backfire.

Yeah this is basically where I fall on the issue. Standard practice of management wanting to pay for the minimum amount of labor and nothing more:

https://twitter.com/BradleyWhitford/status/1653248381039546368?t=RaVL7gbaYSl8XlyHghQfxg&s=19

Or there are some true believers that don't know it's another cryptocurrency play or that AI is just another form of chatbot with really lovely writing skills.

Edit: jesus christ this loving exponential growth bullshit again

https://twitter.com/alexnpress/status/1653252966315446272?t=SSX4y9KsUVPNBjV2pkwwtQ&s=19

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/writers-strike-final-day-contract-talks-1235599704/

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 14:14 on May 2, 2023

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
AI can't replace the genius that is Chuck Lorre, he is the undisputed king of modern prose and it's a tragedy "The United States of Al" wasn't appreciated for the masterpiece it is

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I would think the studios would be a bit more hesitant on utilizing AI in creative content creation given how that AI creation patent case went.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-supreme-court-rejects-computer-scientists-lawsuit-over-ai-generated-2023-04-24/

But also it's management. Number must always go up.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
In Florida news,

https://twitter.com/theplumlinegs/status/1653366284854214657?s=46&t=LuWlVigXSHv3TXi-WVRPYA

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1653391398291267586

Big "Do I have to draw it out in crayon for you?" vibes.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Taking notes on your criminal conspiracy and then publishing them.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

LongDarkNight posted:

Taking notes on your criminal conspiracy and then publishing them.

He's also repealing Florida's resign to run law just in time for him to run for president without resigning!

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

He's also repealing Florida's resign to run law just in time for him to run for president without resigning!

I am shocked, shocked.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Lol it’s a soulless MegaCorp scientifically designed to break brains & extract wealth from cradle to grave, and don’t care about making their park employees sleep in cars or forcing laid off employees to train their replacements, yet enjoys incredible public goodwill. Maybe not the best choice for a feud?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I loving hate disney, they're absolutely one of the worst corporations out there, but I will smile ear to ear when Deshartis gets loving clapped

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

orange juche posted:

I loving hate disney, they're absolutely one of the worst corporations out there, but I will smile ear to ear when Deshartis gets loving clapped

Same. Disney is evil, but Desantis is evil on a whole 'nother level. Disney is at least the standard capitalism evil, Desantis is outright inhumanely evil.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Getting drawn and quartered by donald duck at the 10:30 show at cindarellas castle

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Disney is evil, but they don't traffic in hate as their primary line of business

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Does anyone have some links on the whole Disney is evil thing?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Disney is evil because evil is the best means to their desired end of making shitloads of money. DeSantis is evil because he wants to do evil.

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1653391398291267586

Big "Do I have to draw it out in crayon for you?" vibes.

I have to say it's refreshing to have a President who doesn't use a Sharpie marker all the time like a goddamn child.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Grip it and rip it posted:

That's a many-headed hydra. Which evil would you like to pursue?

Perhaps start with the merest tip of this particular iceberg: https://apnews.com/article/4d98c8dee1c72fa5ac42ce01dff143fd

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Its evil in the hyper capitalist sense. They openly do not care who they crush, and there is a single Disney child star who wasn't abused to being hosed up beyond belief(ben shapiros awesome cousin lol)

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

RFC2324 posted:

Its evil in the hyper capitalist sense. They openly do not care who they crush, and there is a single Disney child star who wasn't abused to being hosed up beyond belief(ben shapiros awesome cousin lol)

Mara Wilson is awesome, but I wouldn’t say Disney didn’t crush her too. She’s talked a lot about her OCD and its relationship with being a child star, or the hyper sexualization she experienced growing up.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Itchy_Grundle posted:

I have to say it's refreshing to have a President who doesn't use a Sharpie marker all the time like a goddamn child.

Jesus christ don't give a child a sharpie

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Milo and POTUS posted:

Getting drawn and quartered by donald duck at the 10:30 show at cindarellas castle

https://www.theonion.com/goofy-beats-ron-desantis-to-death-with-crowbar-1850384608

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He makes the yell after doing the deed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUL5w91dzbo

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Goofy: "And I'll do it again."

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Will they do the waterboarding at Blizzard Beach?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

It's a dad joke at this point but basically: https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Das_Kapital_(Moore,_1906)

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

orange juche posted:

And they absolutely should not budge on this point, because as soon as possible, production companies will attempt to replace writers with AI, and in fact they're probably already trying to train AI bots to barf out scripts.

AI isn't going anywhere at this point, ChatGPT is very useful. This just accelerates a trend thats happened with the internet and tech companies of increased productivity leading to lower headcount, concentrating rewards in fewer hands. This trend is here, its been happening, blocking AI won't stop it.

The conversation needs to be less about stopping AI from putting people out of work and more about things like basic income, redistribution, and fewer work hours to accommodate. Supplementing humans with AI input and AI with human input leads to large gains.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
The conversation should be about combining the Butlerian Jihad with Eating the Rich in a 2-for-1 special of civic renewal.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

orange juche posted:

It would probably be an improvement, to be honest.

Maybe this will come up with some original Hollywood ideas as opposed to endless spin-offs and cash grab Marvel and Star Wars movies.

Because I'm not sure I will ever understand the people who created or watch Young Sheldon.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Weak execution.

They tried to make it, as the youths say, æsthetic, but it’s too small to read on a phone’s screen.

Also, it’s just kind of weird that it’s typeset on a notepad. Get someone with decent handwriting to write it down.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

CBJSprague24 posted:

Maybe this will come up with some original Hollywood ideas as opposed to endless spin-offs and cash grab Marvel and Star Wars movies.

Because I'm not sure I will ever understand the people who created or watch Young Sheldon.

Those are just modern versions of cheap vaudeville, familiar stock characters doing simple things that occupy an audience for half an hour without requiring thought or engagement. Very few entertainment options on that scale, especially when they need to appeal to different cultures & languages, are going to take risks or challenge the viewer. Why do you think the Guardians of the Galaxy are always dancing or the Mandalorian is outnumbered but might just find a way to win for the 30th consecutive episode?

I’m just glad there is still oxygen for niche stuff like I think you should leave or Garth Marenghi, without being required to have a large audience to exist.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
The Mandalorians win out against the odds because they are a warrior culture spanning back millenia where your baseline nice Mandalorian is "loving psycho who will kill without hesitation" and they're in the minority because a normal Mandalorian is a psycho who WANTS to kill and they're just totally fine dying in battle and in fact think it's tight. And don't bring in the failed pacifism regime of Duchess Satine to this, tia

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I predict that in the year 2037 the only two permitted forms of entertainment will be Marvel movies and Star Wars.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

The Mandalorians win out against the odds because they are a warrior culture spanning back millenia where your baseline nice Mandalorian is "loving psycho who will kill without hesitation" and they're in the minority because a normal Mandalorian is a psycho who WANTS to kill and they're just totally fine dying in battle and in fact think it's tight. And don't bring in the failed pacifism regime of Duchess Satine to this, tia

Yeah theyre the Clans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

maffew buildings posted:

The mandalorians got wrecked 3000 years ago and never recovered because they chumps