Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
They just need to ban homosexuality and their electorate will forget all about a trifle like a collapsed building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

This should be a prime example of why “defund the police”. This situation doesn’t need cops enforcing a cordon, it needs firefighters, EMTs, social workers, code enforcement, etc. Basically every civic function other than useless law enforcement, but I bet this city is spending a third to a half of its budget on cops.

And of course, 38%

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Jesus christ Iowa loving sucks

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

And of course, 38%

If you have any better ideas to change the google results for cops and 40% let me know

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

How can you loving live with yourself? People have been pulled from rubble 9 days later in places without roads. I'm sure you have local assets like SAR/Fire/Project Rubicon that would do it for the experience alone.
How could you not at least loving try? Am I the crazy one?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Whats the Figge Department?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

It's an art museum, so I assume it runs it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lol imagine living in that shithole apartment and then when it literally falls apart around you the city says they got a schedule to keep and brings in the wrecking ball for the rest

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Tiny Timbs posted:

lol imagine living in that shithole apartment and then when it literally falls apart around you the city says they got a schedule to keep and brings in the wrecking ball for the rest

It's for real some Black Mirror poo poo. You're trapped under there thinking of dogs and search & rescue tearing through the rubble by hand if need be to find trapped survivors like yourself but that noise you hear is a bulldozer coming to push the rest of it down on top of you.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
the fact they went back and retroactively edited the inspection report is some prime poo poo, especially when it was straight up gotten by archive.org before they did it

heads need to roll

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

RFC2324 posted:

Google "figging"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’m not falling for that

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

bulletsponge13 posted:

How can you loving live with yourself? People have been pulled from rubble 9 days later in places without roads. I'm sure you have local assets like SAR/Fire/Project Rubicon that would do it for the experience alone.

This is unironically the future libertarians want. If those people wanted to be rescued from that building they should have found a Free Market solution.

And no, you're not crazy, the fucks that run that city government should be :killdozer:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Look after you pray for the victims of this unpreventable tragedy you're out of options

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

bulletsponge13 posted:

In the comments of one of the twitter posts:

quote:

It appears the mayor of one of the Quad Cities may be the registered business agent for the company that owns this building. Which would explain the hurry to tear it down.

To cover up malfeasance in construction, presumably.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

lol, incredible.

Seriously though, this sucks absolute poo poo.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Quackles posted:

Oh it's quad cities, I was wondering where I remembered davenport from. Also lmao at how blatantly evil this is. Quad cities is terrible. Can't even enjoy the john deere world headquarters because at the end of the day, it's john deere

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Quackles posted:

I figured it'd be the company pressuring/ bribing the city to bulldoze the building for that reason, but, uh, this is a little more direct I guess.

Hope that dickhead is held criminally and civilly responsible.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

https://news.usni.org/2023/05/30/authorities-detain-chinese-ship-suspected-of-salvaging-u-k-wwii-wrecks

Really now. Leave the old wrecks alone.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Low background steel baybee! Not sure wtf they're thinking with old shells though, that sounds like a real bad idea.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Midjack posted:

Low background steel baybee! Not sure wtf they're thinking with old shells though, that sounds like a real bad idea.

Hope they have a blast with them.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Midjack posted:

Clean them up and sell them to Russia, obviously.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Getting busted for desecration of war graves because you anchored without permission sounds the illegitimate salvage equivalent of getting busted with a kilo of uncut in the trunk because you didn't bother fixing a broken tail light.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Kazinsal posted:

Getting busted for desecration of war graves because you anchored without permission sounds the illegitimate salvage equivalent of getting busted with a kilo of uncut in the trunk because you didn't bother fixing a broken tail light.

Something that only happens to people who look different than the authorities?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Grip it and rip it posted:

Something that only happens to people who look different than the authorities?

The authorities who held them were SE Asian.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

It belongs in a museum.jpg

Or in this case, just leave it the gently caress alone on the ocean floor. There's a reason Ballard never publicly disclosed where the Bismarck's final resting place is.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Crab Dad posted:

The authorities who held them were SE Asian.

LMAO

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Florida Woman re-enacts Grand Theft Auto in Georgia, Sheriff's Deputy comments: GOD drat

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1663946111118200832

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

facialimpediment posted:

Florida Woman re-enacts Grand Theft Auto in Georgia, Sheriff's Deputy comments: GOD drat

https://youtu.be/zAKksqKR3pI

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

facialimpediment posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgSXldDcLdY

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yo the weight distribution on that car is on point. They always immediately go nose-down when Mythbusters ramps sedans.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

https://theathletic.com/4565384/2023/05/30/nflpa-licensing-crypto-nft/?amp=1

quote:

A close affiliate of the National Football League Players Association has been unable to collect $41.8 million of licensing and sponsorship revenue and pay it to the union as of the close of its fiscal year, the organization disclosed in its annual report filed last week with the U.S. Department of Labor. The figures appear tied to the collapse of the crypto marketplace, a person who has been involved in NFLPA dealings and a representative of another sports union who are both familiar with the process, and likely underscore similar issues at other sports unions and leagues.

Bet on the wrong horse there, guys.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/adamwren/status/1663989229569884160?s=20

It is gonna be funny when during the debate Trump will say that Pence should've been killed for not stopping The Big Steal and his pig base will hoot and holler happily

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
A little surprising that the horsefucker is in after bowing down to Trump earlier. But with competition like DeSantis, why not? :v:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
bahahaha what an idiot

https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/1663999395560390656

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Watching this on CNN right now and apparently, the docs included details on a ground invasion of Iran involving a "massive" number of troops.

"Lol if you were still in"?

e- https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1664000580883283969

:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 31, 2023

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
It's hard to find anything to laugh about in this because, yes, while Trump continues to be one of the biggest idiots on the planet, he's still fervently worshipped by a huge chunk of this dogshit nation and continues to suffer no consequences for any of his idiocy.

Like, at least Musk's hubris is actually causing Twitter to crumble (if slowly).

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Zamujasa posted:

It's hard to find anything to laugh about in this because, yes, while Trump continues to be one of the biggest idiots on the planet, he's still fervently worshipped by a huge chunk of this dogshit nation and continues to suffer no consequences for any of his idiocy.

Like, at least Musk's hubris is actually causing Twitter to crumble (if slowly).

You're thinking about it too hard and too deep. Just look at the surface-level of the whole thing and laugh like hell. Donnie has a super-easy intent-based defense against the classified document thing, so long as he didn't waive classified papers around at mar-a-lago and didn't say on a tape that he knew that the documents were still classified.

So naturally, there's clear evidence of both. That's funny as hell, stop right there.

Edit: double funny from Orin Kerr on Twitter:

quote:

I gather, from the context, that these are recordings Trump knew of, not secret ones, taken by people interviewing Trump for an ‘autobiography’ on behalf of Mark Meadows.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

lmao :ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Taking bets on what catty nickname Trump comes up with for Pence if/when he announces.