Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

Writers Guild of America goes on strike tomorrow, so hope you like reality TV!

Oh no, time to catch up on all the poo poo I haven't been reading or watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Hyrax Attack! posted:

WA state governor Jay Inslee not going to seek fourth term. I thought he was doing a fine job, not perfect but competent & solid on environment. GOP ran a nobody in 2020 who got trounced, but I’m always worried a weak Dem and not obviously insane GOP candidate in a red year nationally could make WA the next Wisconsin, came awful close in 2004 by like 200 votes.

Having just given a big raise to teachers seems like an easy way to cruise to re-election, too. I'm surprised at his announcement.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

He's also repealing Florida's resign to run law just in time for him to run for president without resigning!

I am shocked, shocked.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Even for Musk that is a tremendously stupid idea.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Why doesn't someone just say "that is a lie" interrupting him in the middle of every sentence? Surely this simple tactic will short circuit his brain and pull the wool away from the eyes of the Republican voting public, furthermore :words:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

McNally posted:

Hard disagree.

You need to put other things in with the lard.

Lol

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Personally, I believe we should investigate the therapeutic benefits of missile launchers

Monkeys paw curls: your grant budget allows you to test the therapeutic benefits of estes model rocket launches.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

Those are pretty great, too.

Oh I know, I stranded several on my neighbor's roof as a kid

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

How???

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

In other news, Guam is taking a beating.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna85831

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

maffew buildings posted:

the LA punk scene has bad religion's greg graffin who has a zoology PhD and one of the dudes in descendents has a biology Phd. the scene also produced many notable heroin addicts, as well

Bart_ALandOfContrasts.jpg

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Another case of I'll believe it when I see it.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

:psyduck:

Fired from the job by being defenestrated from the conference room, I should hope.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Cythereal posted:

Well this is horrifying.

Armed and armored police have established a perimeter with barricades to keep people away from the site.

While ACAB, very much gently caress these specific police in particular. This whole situation is crazy.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Tiny Timbs posted:

lol imagine living in that shithole apartment and then when it literally falls apart around you the city says they got a schedule to keep and brings in the wrecking ball for the rest

It's for real some Black Mirror poo poo. You're trapped under there thinking of dogs and search & rescue tearing through the rubble by hand if need be to find trapped survivors like yourself but that noise you hear is a bulldozer coming to push the rest of it down on top of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

https://theathletic.com/4565384/2023/05/30/nflpa-licensing-crypto-nft/?amp=1

quote:

A close affiliate of the National Football League Players Association has been unable to collect $41.8 million of licensing and sponsorship revenue and pay it to the union as of the close of its fiscal year, the organization disclosed in its annual report filed last week with the U.S. Department of Labor. The figures appear tied to the collapse of the crypto marketplace, a person who has been involved in NFLPA dealings and a representative of another sports union who are both familiar with the process, and likely underscore similar issues at other sports unions and leagues.

Bet on the wrong horse there, guys.