Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

armpit_enjoyer posted:

One of the things the unions asked for was a blanket ban on creative work being used to train AI and using AI t supplement work made by creative professionals, and the bosses just said "lmao gently caress off"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/wga-ban-ai-created-works-negotiations-1235358617/

And they absolutely should not budge on this point, because as soon as possible, production companies will attempt to replace writers with AI, and in fact they're probably already trying to train AI bots to barf out scripts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

I'm confident that ChatGPT could replace all of Chuck Lorre's writers room and the kind of people who watch The Big Bang Theory wouldn't even notice.

It would probably be an improvement, to be honest.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I loving hate disney, they're absolutely one of the worst corporations out there, but I will smile ear to ear when Deshartis gets loving clapped

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/JimSwiftDC/status/1653746712601669632?t=iWaUUVxpPywb6Ribj5ERkg&s=19

Tucker's text yesterday was also basically a murder fantasy about the random stuff. But the above is like one of the true uses of AI or whatever - comedy bullshit one step above photoshops and automating mindless data entry. So long as the comedy bullshit is indeed obvious (AI is getting into political ads, which ick) and the data entry still has a human responsible for hitting the final approval button.

Is he trying to get that trout to bite tuckers nipple?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

90s Solo Cup posted:

I have a feeling that her sober reaction to the night's events will be the same as her drunk reaction.

It wasn't. She was very remorseful and pled guilty to all charges, didn't try to deny what she did, and apologized to the family at her sentencing.

She made a mistake, hosed up, people died, and she will pay for it for the rest of her life in her nightmares. Don't make her out to be a sociopathic monster because your brain unplugs when you have .26 BAC. She also swore off alcohol after that and supposedly had not had a drop since the incident, and never wants to touch it again.

(Don't mistake this for me giving her a pass for her actions, she can get hosed eternally for getting behind the wheel, but I can also understand how at 0.26 you literally are unaware of your surroundings and have approximately 1 neuron in your brain working)

People who claim "oh I would have sobered up if I hit two people while drunk driving" have never had a BAC like that. 0.26 is about 1 shot from being comatose nope I was wrong, it's 0.4 where becoming comatose begins, but .18 to .20 is extreme impairment, you are literally unable to think anything resembling a coherent thought no matter what at that point. Whoever was with her should have never let her go near a vehicle, but ultimately the responsibility rests with her still, because she surely was not out on her own drinking like that, she was coming home from a party most likely.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 08:29 on May 7, 2023

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Crab Dad posted:

Estimating her body weight that's roughly 8 shots in the hour before she drove.
No excuses and she's going to pay for what she did but I'm really curious if she was drinking alone or did her friends let her leave a pre-party? wtf

lordy I'd have to take like 16 shots to get that drunk in a hour. the gently caress is wrong with people

If you have your friends around you pressuring you and amping you up, it's very easy to find yourself 8 shots deep, especially towards the end of that hour. Do 2 or 3 shots in like 10 minutes, and by minute 25, that 4th, 5th, 6th, etc are looking very doable if you're not a regular drinker.

I have found myself on the recieving end of 6 different people walking up to me and calling a "Cheers!" within a 5 minute period when I was at a club, even recently. I knew my limits far better than this woman and cut myself off/started doing water shots and handed my keys to a sober friend, but I'm also 34 and have a much more seasoned head on my shoulders. That's how I can understand exactly how she wound up in that situation. If you don't know to start doing water shots then you will *extremely* rapidly find yourself inebriated beyond your capacity to reason.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 09:10 on May 7, 2023

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Crab Dad posted:

I'm 45 and worked in a bar for 10 years. I'm no spring chicken myself and it's still pretty loving stupendous amount to pound at the start of an evening. One of the things that bothers me about that video is her balance is barely off and she's not staggering nearly at all. She's just shutting out selective information. So strange.

Alcohol affects everyone differently, there's general hallmarks of different levels of BAC, but it can vary, her sense of balance may not be impaired while her mental faculties could be completely obliterated, which is what they seem to be.

And yes, 8 shots is an absolutely idiotic amount of alcohol to start your evening off with. If I am at a club for 5 or 6 hours, I might do 8 alcohol shots with the rest being water or soda between when I show up and 2AM when poo poo is starting to wind down, and I'm not driving home. It's inexperience and idiocy, which is a hallmark of being an early 20-something, especially in that situation.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 09:16 on May 7, 2023

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Crab Dad posted:

Good. If you want to work, give em greencards for the length of their work plus a year so they can find new jobs as needed. This undocumented wink-wink nod-nod poo poo so the corporations can underpay them has gone on long enough. I'm glad it finally came to a head the dumbest way possible so DeSantis has to eat poo poo.

Nothing will change, it will be quietly buried before the year is out once the ag owners and construction company owners start whining about having to pay people. Happened in 2011 in GA and Alabama, Alabama forced their inmates into the fields as slave labor, and Georgia overturned HB87 as unconstitutional, and nothing actually changed.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Basticle posted:

Greg Abbott's time to shine

Does a wet match in a dark cave shine though?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

War Boi posted:

We can all look at this and collectively come to the conclusion that she should have retired a while ago.

But that’s also why none of us will ever be a Senator.

Those people are a separate loving breed of human. Statewide elected officials with an immense amount of power at the federal level.

The types of people who become Senators have a drive and a desire for power and status that is positively clinically insane.

We got some weird states, and a total of 100 senators. Folks like Sanders, Feterman, Cheney, they’re outliers. Good ones, at that. But I digress.

Cheney wasn't a senator, and I wouldn't put her as a good one, as she was as red as they come except for calling Trump on one particular brand of his bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Some of those that work forces, are the same that burn crosses